The Hearts GOAT (Greatest of all time) but don’t mention your runner ups

rudiatemyhamster

rudiatemyhamster

Simple thread just who is the best. No mention of your top ten or runners up.  I found this difficult.

For me is Skacel due the fact he’s a double Scottish Cup Winner, a Hammer of the Hibees and an incredibly entertaining player.

When I think of him it’s like a human hammer smashing goals in against the Hobos whilst holding aloft Scottish Cups.  No other player comes close.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Cruyff

Rudi for me too. A fantastically talented footballer, and a top bloke as well. 

Handsome too :lol:

Started going to games in the mid 90s, for me it has to be Rudi. I remember when he returned for his second spell his (I think) first goal was a dragged effort that either trundled over the line, or went under the goalie and slowly in, early against The Rangers and just thinking I couldn't believe he was back.

Rudi without a shadow of a doubt for me.

I’m probably on the younger side of KB so even though I’d have seen Robertson play I can’t say I remember it well nor would he have been in his prime.

When I really think about it Rudi is the only player in my lifetime, that I can remember seeing play, that I would label a true club legend.

Edit- I take that last comment back actually having thought about it. But as per the OP I’ll not say who came to mind...

Edited by Squirt

2 minutes ago, SupaJT said:

Started going to games in the mid 90s, for me it has to be Rudi. I remember when he returned for his second spell his (I think) first goal was a dragged effort that either trundled over the line, or went under the goalie and slowly in, early against The Rangers and just thinking I couldn't believe he was back.

If I remember right the ball fell favourably for him, he fluffed his effort completely, got lucky and it fell for him to knock in. 

Kevin Kyle knocked it into the box for him with a brilliant header with his back against the goal.

If it’s the goal I’m thinking of.

Edited by Squirt

Rudi.

I remember feeling so nervous for that Rangers game - worrying he was going to be shite this time around. Something just seemed to click between himself and Hearts. It just worked.

Robbo.

I can understand totally why the younger generation vote Rudi.

However, it they saw Robbo at his prime for all the years/ goals he scored, Robbo is and will IMO be the best in our history of all time. Partly because football has changed now, and you will not find many people who stay at one club for so long. 

copa-mundial

As expected, Robbo and Rudi's names flood the board, and rightly so. Who can argue against either of them. Both very worthy of the title. Both legends in their own right. 

It still astonishes me how we had Robbo almost the majority of his career. 

For me. It's, John Colquhoun. 

Maybe or definitely won't be as popular, but anyone who seen him play. My god this boy could play! The famous number 7 jersey. Tucked in at the front, out at the back. 

J.C. always has been my Hearts player of all time. 

This will definitely come down to an age generation. 

Rudi, too young really to fully remember Robbo playing. Having heard the stories, read the stats, watched the videos, had i been a bit older without a doubt it would have been Robbo. 8 years or something topbgoal scorer in a row?! Unreal 

Robbo for me. Very lucky to see him play. It was the fear he put into the minds of other defenders especially the vermin. A great player who would be worth considerably more in today's climate. 

Maroon Sailor

Robbo

Absolute travesty he only ended up with one cup winners medal. His goals return deserved so much better.

Robbo 

He is just everything about Hearts.So glad he got that Scottish cup medal for everything he gave us.He continues to absolutely love us as well he just can't hide it all.

jambo-fletch

For my generation Rudi. Two Scottish cup wins in the time he spent at the club is incredible.

I suppose with the question being the greatest of all time though, we have to look back at history and consider the likes of the terrible trio, John Cumming and Dave Mackay.

scott herbertson

Bobby Walker - called the greatest player in the world during his career. Not something we will ever hear said about a Hearts player in our lifetimes

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Bobby Walker - called the greatest player in the world during his career. Not something we will ever hear said about a Hearts player in our lifetimes

I went on who i have seen play for the club in my life time.

Tommy Walker could be raised to a height of genius, Barney Battles Jnr is another who could be touted. Rab Prentice etc.

Rudi is one for the debate, fantastic lad with a massive love affair with the club. Deserves all the plaudits and love going around.

John Robertson is a Legend like no other in my lifetime, simply outstanding, His road to the  top of the list is littered with moments of magic.

Robbo is the modern King of Hearts.

In my lifetime I can only go with Robbo.   Not just his goals, we changed from when he came on the scene.   It was steady progress after we got back up and he was there through all of it.  Didn't just change the Edinburgh derby but was also played an important part in getting us from where we were to winning a cup. 

In paper it's difficult to argue against skacel, but he isn't one of the reason we are a lot bigger club than we were in the early 80s.  

That, along with his goals,  means he won't be beaten in my lifetime as the modern hearts legend.

Barney bulge

John Robertson by a mile. 

will never ever have that good a player play so many years for us again.

elite goal scorer,linked up play well, team player, intelligent, gave 100 percent, played for jersey, got kicked of the park against rangers and Celtic in the days when referees allowed it and just came back for more. Could dish it out aswell, Was big game player scored regularly against old firm and of course his presence alone used to make hibs defenders knees tremble. 

andythejambo

Robbo, by a country mile. Don't think his goals tally will ever be beaten. Unfortunate that he was a contemporary of McCoist, as he should have won a lot more Scotland caps. I was in tears when he finally picked up his winners medal, as I knew it was going to be his final appearance in a Hearts Jersey.

Maroon Sailor

Honestly can't think of a greater player for Hearts in the last 50 years than Robbo.

17 years

Over 500 appearances

Over 200 goals

He's way out there ahead of others 

Sad thing is that'll never happen again

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

Robbo. Dread to think how bad we would have been without him.

I would of ****ed off, if that was the case, probably would be wearing Jodhpurs while watching rugger.