martoon

Met up with my Jambo fanatic nephew (ST's together) for a walk, catch up and a Greggs sausage roll this afternoon. Parted company halfway between his house and mine, nearly made it home unscathed, then wallop: a slip and a slide later and I'm face to face with the concrete.

Just back from the Western with a fractured shoulder. Didn't need surgery, thankfully, and will heal itself but it's treacherous out there my Jambo friends. 

Take care.

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Sare yin, that’ll teach you for leaving your hoose (joke)

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Sare yin, that’ll teach you for leaving your hoose (joke)

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I blame your nephew for not seeing his auld and infirm uncle got home safely

Thanks, lads. 😂

SectionDJambo

You have my sympathy man. I hope you recover quickly.

I went out for a walk with my wife last Sunday. Taking care, but still managed to slip and fall really heavily on my back. Knocked the wind right out of me and my ribs have been reminding me ever since. 
There’s not much can be done for damaged ribs, so just stayed home with ice packs and careful movement all week. Can’t even lie in bed. Got to sit upright all night.

So to everyone, take great care out there. It only takes a second for something bad to happen, and ages for it to get better.

Kalamazoo Jambo
21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Met up with my Jambo fanatic nephew (ST's together) for a walk, catch up and a Greggs sausage roll this afternoon. Parted company halfway between his house and mine, nearly made it home unscathed, then wallop: a slip and a slide later and I'm face to face with the concrete.

Just back from the Western with a fractured shoulder. Didn't need surgery, thankfully, and will heal itself but it's treacherous out there my Jambo friends. 

Take care.

Ouch indeed - get well soon!

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You have my sympathy man. I hope you recover quickly.

I went out for a walk with my wife last Sunday. Taking care, but still managed to slip and fall really heavily on my back. Knocked the wind right out of me and my ribs have been reminding me ever since. 
There’s not much can be done for damaged ribs, so just stayed home with ice packs and careful movement all week. Can’t even lie in bed. Got to sit upright all night.

So to everyone, take great care out there. It only takes a second for something bad to happen, and ages for it to get better.

Yeah. That's me for the next few night, too.

Did the ribs a few years back. Even laughing hurt. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not even a video 

...or £250 quid from You've Been Framed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, martoon said:

...or £250 quid from You've Been Framed.

Ha ha.

Good luck dude, hope you recover rapid

There’s a famous clip from RTE in Dublin of a bloke falling on his pus. They’ve now put a plaque on the wall where he fell as it was such a viral hit 😀

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, martoon said:

Take care.

At least you can still type 😱
Seriously though hope you get well soon. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Met up with my Jambo fanatic nephew  (ST's together) for a walk, catch up and a Greggs sausage roll this afternoon. Parted company halfway between his house and mine, nearly made it home unscathed, then wallop: a slip and a slide later and I'm face to face with the concrete.

Take care.

Is this the ‘actual’ nephew?  🤷🏿‍♂️ 😳

Jokes aside, sorry to hear that, Mart.

Could be controversial, Greggs sausage rolls are shite.

Their sausage bean and cheese melts are banging tho.

Edited by Jamie Walker Tash

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Take care.

I broke mine about 15 years ago, fell of a bar stool, sober, at my breakfast bar.

If I'm being honest, the pain was constant for about 10 days, then after that, it was sound.

I accidentally leaned on it and it just clicked back into place. As long as I didn't push it, there was no further bouts of strong pain. 

I was off work for 5 weeks, on light duties for 2. I worked as a labourer laying water mains at the time. Shows how quick it heals.

The 1 tip I will give is make sure you wear your sling.

Half my street has been to Western this past week with falls, the paths and roads are absolutely perfect for curling. Council couldn't give a shit however

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Is this the ‘actual’ nephew?  🤷🏿‍♂️ 😳

Jokes aside, sorry to hear that, Mart.

That's what he said when I told him about the fall.

Not really. 😊

Edited by martoon

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ha ha.

Good luck dude, hope you recover rapid

Cheers.

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Get well soon.

Good luck getting a sleep. 

Still awake.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

At least you can still type 😱
Seriously though hope you get well soon. 

Cheers, bud.

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

There’s a famous clip from RTE in Dublin of a bloke falling on his pus. They’ve now put a plaque on the wall where he fell as it was such a viral hit 😀

He was lucky to get away with that one.

Probably still hurt like feck in the morning, though.

2 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Could be controversial, Greggs sausage rolls are shite.

Their sausage bean and cheese melts are banging tho.

😊

They're not great but don't like anything else from Gregg's other than the festive bake. Pity they only come around briefly once a year.

Christmas Eve, about 10 years ago. Myself and the then, future Mrstjambo. Were walking in M&S at Craigleith. A wee auld dear was doddering in front of us. I moaned like **** and hissed  (to my utter shame now) that I wish that this “auld **** would either move or slip and break something” (disgusting I know). I got in the door and tried to speed round her. I slipped and fractured my elbow. Spent Xmas Eve and Xmas morning in A&E.

Karma certainly bit me on the arse that day. I’m a better person than I was back then 😔 

Edited by iantjambo

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Match of the day always makes me fall asleep, worth a try. 

Watching the original "Italian Job". 

Advised to kip in a chair so will catch up with festive recordings until I drop off. 😊

Just now, iantjambo said:

Christmas Eve, about 10 years ago. Myself and the then, future Mrstjambo. Were walking in M&S at Craigleith. A wee auld dear was doddering in front of us. I moaned like **** and hissed  (to my utter shame now) that I wish that this “auld **** would either move or slip and break something” (disgusting I know). I got in the door and tried to speed round her. I slipped and fractured my elbow. Spent Xmas Eve and Xmas morning in A&E.

Karma certainly bit me on the area that day. I’m a better person than I was back then 😔 

😂

42 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Half my street has been to Western this past week with falls, the paths and roads are absolutely perfect for curling. Council couldn't give a shit however

It is shocking. 

Only real surprise was that I'd walked for more than an hour before the tumble.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

😂

I like to think that it was a defining moment in my life :lol:

seriously though. I completely deserved it.

54 minutes ago, superjack said:

I broke mine about 15 years ago, fell of a bar stool, sober, at my breakfast bar.

If I'm being honest, the pain was constant for about 10 days, then after that, it was sound.

I accidentally leaned on it and it just clicked back into place. As long as I didn't push it, there was no further bouts of strong pain. 

I was off work for 5 weeks, on light duties for 2. I worked as a labourer laying water mains at the time. Shows how quick it heals.

The 1 tip I will give is make sure you wear your sling.

Wearing it now, jack. 

The pain would be intolerable otherwise.

1 hour ago, Boof said:

If it helps anyone else avoid martoon's horrible fate - harness your inner penguin.

https://www.osfhealthcare.org/blog/take-it-slow-on-the-ice-and-walk-like-a-penguin/ 

That's what I was doing when I fell. 😁

Did the Bangles no' have a hit with that in the '80's?

Edited by martoon

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Watching the original "Italian Job". 

Advised to kip in a chair so will catch up with festive recordings until I drop off. 😊

I did that for a few nights years ago when my back was really bad, saves your moving about. 
Turning JKB off and allowing Michael Caine’s dulcet tones send you off to sleep will work too 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔
Good luck 👍🏽

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Spot on. Baby steps on the ice.

Get better soon, martoon. :thumb:

Cheers, red 

Much appreciated.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

The pavement on Gorgie Road opposite Aldi is iced up and the grit box has 4 inches of snow on top of it, will need to do it for them 🙈

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did that for a few nights years ago when my back was really bad, saves your moving about. 
Turning JKB off and allowing Michael Caine’s dulcet tones send you off to sleep will work too 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔
Good luck 👍🏽

He's just said the iconic line: "you're only supposed to..." 😊

Thanks everyone for the jokes and good wishes.

Thanks also to the lads and lassies at the Western.

Blackford Hearts
16 minutes ago, martoon said:

That's what I was doing when I fell. 😁

Did the Bangles no' have a hit with that in the '80's?

Walk like an Egyptian was the Bangles hit. May have had a flop with Walk like a Penguin! 
A proper sore one. Rest up and enjoy the films 

2 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Walk like an Egyptian was the Bangles hit. May have had a flop with Walk like a Penguin! 
A proper sore one. Rest up and enjoy the films 

😊 

Cheers, BH.

11 hours ago, martoon said:

Take care.

Condolences martoon—I empathise. Cracked a rib exactly like this a couple of years back near Fountain Park. Went from strolling on gritted pavement to a patch of black ice and boom, pretty sure I'd never hit the ground harder before :lol:

I fell onto my tail bone a few years ago. The pain lasted for days, Now I walk like I shat myself when its icey. Why are the council scrapping grit bins? 

Harry Potter

During the infamous beast from the east, i left the car to walk the mile down to the shell garage.

walking back up the drumbrae hill, i fell on to my face, woman behind just walked past, not 

even, are you ok.😦.

I'm amazed by how many people have been out running on icy pavements and paths the last couple of weeks. It seems to me walking is dangerous enough when conditions are like this.

10 hours ago, martoon said:

Wearing it now, jack. 

The pain would be intolerable otherwise.

One of my mates showed me his shoulder, he broke his a year previously. He isn't the brightest, which is an understatement. He only wore his sling for 2 days. Due to the fact he is quite skinny, you can actually see where the break was and where the 2 bits of bone met almost crossed over each other.

I’ve been wearing grippers on my shoes the last week or so. The pavements are pure ice where I live so it’s the only way I can go out and walk the dog and not end up in A&E. 

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Condolences martoon—I empathise. Cracked a rib exactly like this a couple of years back near Fountain Park. Went from strolling on gritted pavement to a patch of black ice and boom, pretty sure I'd never hit the ground harder before :lol:

Exactly how I felt, Justin.

I really hit the ground hard.