Dunfermline Game rescheduled for 30/1 ( edited )

The Apprentice

The Apprentice

Looks like Dunfermline's game away to Morton tomorrow has been called off and is being re-scheduled for Tuesday night instead.

Should probably state for the avoidance of doubt we are supposed to be playing Dunfermline on Tuesday.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

• neilnunb

• Hungry hippo

TyphoonJambo

Too many tinpot tuppeny happeny teams in our half assed set up.

2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Surely they could arrange us to play dunfermline tomorrow

Agreed.  It's not like we need to arrange tickets or catering etc.

8 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Would have thought league games would be priority? 

what a shambles 

Scottish cup is sfa run and the oldest tournament. SFA outrank the SPFL

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bad in one way but will give time to ensure Ginelly and Boyce fit I suppose and GMS integrated 

Michael Smith too.

2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

So we might play our cup tie on Tuesday assuming we know our opponents?

We won't know our opponents as their game has already been postponed again. Makes this decision bizarre as they could surely have had us and Dunfermline playing our SC games another time. Instead they now need to find space for us to play in the Cup and to play Dunfermline in the league.

Hungry hippo
Just now, Sooperstar said:

We won't know our opponents as their game has already been postponed again. Makes this decision bizarre as they could surely have had us and Dunfermline playing our SC games another time. Instead they now need to find space for us to play in the Cup and to play Dunfermline in the league.

This is what always happens in the Scottish Cup. It's just not often it impacts games involving the bigger sides especially as Championship teams don't normally even enter at this stage.

• davemclaren changed the title to Dunfermline Game off ( edited )
Bazzas right boot

**** off. 

I had made my arrangements. 

Red cola. 

Pineapple and mushroom puzza

Harribos 

Booo. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

**** off. 

Red cola. 

Harribos 

Booo. 

No thought for the at home fans. 

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Has it indeed. Didnt see that. Be crazy having a blank midweek with so many games to play. 

Just now, stuart500 said:

Has it indeed. Didnt see that. Be crazy having a blank midweek with so many games to play. 

Now slated for Monday night. Supposed to be a bit less cold on Monday, so hopefully they can finally get it on.

Independence

Always look on the bright side of life. At least this should mean I will get my programme from Curtis Sports on time for a change albeit the date will be wrong and information out of date!

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Now slated for Monday night. Supposed to be a bit less cold on Monday, so hopefully they can finally get it on.

Yeah hopefully. Probably a Camelon win would suit us better than a long trip north. 

3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Yeah hopefully. Probably a Camelon win would suit us better than a long trip north. 

Agreed. 

Can just see it now...

Dundee win their next 2 league games and go above us, meanwhile Hearts have about 4 games in hand due to postponements/playing cup games. Season ended, League call the season on current standings, Nelms sends a big 'no hard feelings Ann' and our pal Doncaster self combusts as he thrashes himself away.

😐🤔🤭

45 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Confirmed 

On a side note, that image of Tynecastle has just become my laptop's desktop wallpaper ☺️

The league is priority, and may well not get completed. The Cup has dangers with playing part time clubs with no testing. There is an increasingly strong case for withdrawing from the Cup.

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No thought for the at home fans. 

Terrible, My Tuesday is now in ruins.

The problems started when the league began late in October .it should have started in August when the premiership started a second wave of covid was always coming and now the whole season is a shambles and we will be really  lucky if it gets completed

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

Agreed but if Brora win on Monday, is there a possibility that our game there would be rescheduled for next Saturday (at the expense of our game away at Alloa)? Not on top of the rules but in previous seasons I think teams got to play replays on Saturdays if they were a long distance apart.

Nonsense decision, especially as it's looking potentially likely football will be stopped, even if it's just non elite football. As we know there is precedent for having games in hand due to cup ties with Partick's issues last season

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

Nonsense decision, especially as it's looking potentially likely football will be stopped, even if it's just non elite football. As we know there is precedent for having games in hand due to cup ties with Partick's issues last season

Ppg was still used. 

Ppg would be used if anything was. 

It's how hibs/ St Johnstone switched places iirc as well. 

A real pity.

Sooner we get the Dens debacle out of our systems, players and fans alike, the better.

pharmaceutical01
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

**** off. 

Red cola. 

Harribos 

Booo. 

Disappointing....

pineapple is a fruit and should be nowhere near a pizza 

Tynecastlesmychurch
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

**** off. 

Red cola. 

Harribos 

Booo. 

Pineapple and mushroom you say? Hmmm 🤔

Ford Prentice
34 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Disappointing....

pineapple is a fruit and should be nowhere near a pizza 

Olives are fruit and are great on pizza.

Oh well, we're getting a winter break after all. If we can get a few injuries cleared up, it will be to our advantage in the long run.

Pretty sure no football manager would be happy playing an important league game with less than 24 hours' notice... Although it seems to make sense to us, there's no way it would happen. 

5 hours ago, Blackshades said:

The problems started when the league began late in October .it should have started in August when the premiership started a second wave of covid was always coming and now the whole season is a shambles and we will be really  lucky if it gets completed

Westminster and Hampden Park - the Nests of Numpties - couldn't organise a raffle between them.

Mind you, plenty of fresh seafood in the fishmongers.  Beautiful fresh king prawns, Going really cheap instead of going to the Continent.

11 hours ago, Forrest said:

Pretty sure no football manager would be happy playing an important league game with less than 24 hours' notice... Although it seems to make sense to us, there's no way it would happen. 

Agreed.

Dundee could now go 2 pts behind us on Tuesday night .

Shows how we've opened the door to them after that horror show last weekend .

Its definitely game back on now with regards to the league .

Niemi’s gloves
18 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Dundee could now go 2 pts behind us on Tuesday night .

Shows how we've opened the door to them after that horror show last weekend .

Its definitely game back on now with regards to the league .

Not true. All Tuesday’s Scottish Championship games have now been cancelled, in Dundee’s case because their scheduled opponents (Raith Rovers) have a cup game postponed from today.

• davemclaren changed the title to Dunfermline Game rescheduled for 30/1 ( edited )