The Spirit World (not vodka)

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo

New series on Netflix, Surviving Death

Have you experienced anything? 

Any stories you've been told by people you trust not to talk pish?

Outer body experiences, ghosts, etc.

Салатные палочки

My sister swears her first house in Darlington was haunted. The reason I believe her is because my brother in law experienced it as well. They used to hear someone walking up and down the stairs and more than a few times seen a wee girl walking past the bedroom door. 

I've never really experienced anything that I couldn't explain other than one night when me and a couple of mates took his dogs a walk up the hills. It was dark and we had torches and were quite a bit away from any houses. Totally out of the blue we heard a really loud, 2-3 second blast of music out of nowhere. I can't even explain what kind of music it was. I just know it was melodic rather than just a noise. This was well before even polyphonic ringtones and none of us even owned a mobile so it wasn't that. 

Really weird and freaked me out at the time. 

Greedy Jambo

My gran said that she had an outer body experience, found herself hovering above her own body while she slept. 

When my cousin was young, she lived in an old house, her friend stayed over one night and heard noises, looked under the bed and said she seen an old indian looking woman, she ran out of the house and never set foot in it again. 

I've not experienced anything, so it could all be a lot of bollocks. 

Friend of mine lost a close family member. They went to visit the body at funeral directors. When there they placed an item with the deceased. They told no one. Some months later they were at a medium, who said....I am talking to ............ He says he is with Gran and is safe and happy. He also said thank you for the ........ you gave him at the funeral directors. The description of the item was spot on and they had told nobody. I have been vague as they still have told very few people and some on here know them.

Greedy Jambo

It's not a subject that many people like to talk about, a bit like the ufo phenomena. 

It's a bit of a fingers in the ear job. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

The other half’s mum claims to be a medium. 

She’s definitely an extra large though. 

😂

Stayed in a budget hotel when busking in Belgium years ago.

During the 6 weeks we were there around a dozen, unconnected fellow guests, reported seeing a ghost on the stairs. One particular young lady reported it very loudly by screaming hysterically in the wee small hours. Blood curdling stuff that you knew she couldn't possibly have faked. Indeed, she was hospitalised because of the shock that kicked in. 

Didn't see it myself, thankfully, nor did my mate. 

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Stayed in a budget hotel when busking in Belgium years ago.

During the 6 weeks we were there around a dozen, unconnected fellow guests, reported seeing a ghost on the stairs. One particular young lady reported it very loudly by screaming hysterically in the wee small hours. Blood curdling stuff that you knew she couldn't possibly have faked. Indeed, she was hospitalised because of the shock that kicked in. 

Didn't see it myself, thankfully, nor did my mate. 

Rucking hell. 

So many stories like this, it's hard to ignore. 

I posted this in the tv thread as part of a discussion. It applies here as well. 

remember watching a James Randi show years ago where he was presented to a TV studio of about 200 people as a famous American medium. Fascinating to watch as he narrowed it down to one woman in the room and gave her all the answers she wanted to hear. 
Then he admitted he wasn’t a medium but someone who exposed them and explained the process of what he’d done to the entire room. A few basic tricks and a lot of showmanship had them all totally fooled. 

Greedy Jambo
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I posted this in the tv thread as part of a discussion. It applies here as well. 

remember watching a James Randi show years ago where he was presented to a TV studio of about 200 people as a famous American medium. Fascinating to watch as he narrowed it down to one woman in the room and gave her all the answers she wanted to hear. 
Then he admitted he wasn’t a medium but someone who exposed them and explained the process of what he’d done to the entire room. A few basic tricks and a lot of showmanship had them all totally fooled. 

Weakened Offender
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Christopher Brookmyre's Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks is a very enjoyable romp which takes apart this ridiculous trickery. 

Ive had one experience and pretty locally to. Used to live down in London and was brought up to Glasgow on business.  I was put up in the Glasgow Central station Hotel, when checking in they told me I was lucky as I was getting put in room in brand newly refurbished floor, great. 

Turns out I'm on top floor, head to my room and start to unpack few things, out of nowhere there was a baby screaming in corridor for what was around 2 seconds and nothing else, not commotion or footsteps.

Naturally didn't think anything of it, head out go to a meeting and then come back before heading out for dinner, as I'm walking down the long corridor there is what looks like a old woman near the bottom, i say old by the way she was dressed, very old style clothing. Again don't think anything of it, I'm reading a text and then as I come to my door I look up to end of corridor and this woman simply walks horizontally through the wall, just floats through.  I went numb for a second and stumble into my room trying to come to my senses. Not scared but completely mind boggling.  

I go out for dinner and drinks, and decide to tell the folk I'm with of course they rubbish it but I didn't mind, the final bit was when I got back to the room after dinner, no ghosts but when I get into room my window is fully pulled up and freezing cold air flowing through, now this is March and I'm 99 percent sure there's no turn down service at the Central Hotel so just another baffling moment.  I think the few pints I had managed to help me sleep that night, when I left the next day I googled the hotel to learn some more about it and looked at some trip advisor reviews, safe to say I'm not the only one who's had some strange experiences there, turns out the 5th floor was shut down previously due to some crazy going ons.

Anyway never felt frightened, was just a super strange 24hrs - do recommend some reading on the Hotel if your interested on paranormal stuff.

Greedy Jambo
58 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

My toilet is haunted.

Especially after a curry and 8 pints.

Or broccoli and stilton soup.

That's 2 of us that likes broccoli and stilton soup at least. 

7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

New series on Netflix, Surviving Death

Have you experienced anything? 

Any stories you've been told by people you trust not to talk pish?

Outer body experiences, ghosts, etc.

Every time I read your posts, I almost die. 

5 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

:rofl: Feck off, do people actually fall for this shite and space aliens and the big bang and Gods. 

I've worked in a few buildings that were haunted. Alrams going off in empty rooms, lights going off,Fire doors being stuck open then they would be closed next time you went past, door handles being held down, things moving about, footsteps. One floor in particular was bad. You were guaranteed to have a scare at some point during your shift. It had a horrible atmosphere and felt like someone was watching you. 1 of the women I worked with used to bring her bible in for protection 😂 we used to try laugh most of it off but sometimes you would hear a bang right behind you in a empty corridor or something shuffling or what sounds like breathing in the room your in and it's hard not to shit your pants and run, Tbh we often did run and some parts of the building we wouldn't go in alone.

highlandjambo3

Nah.....not for me.  Bollocks is my preferred word until it can actually be proven......which it won’t.

I’m sorry but I immediately stereotype people who make money out of this, there are many instances of scams catching out fraudsters compared to any legit (proof) that there is actually anything out there.

Note:  I’m not trying to diss anyone who actually believes in this or, who claim to have an experience of this....just my opinion.......here’s a graph showing scams V’s proof:

B09E3F79-868F-406F-A639-25792341E5E8.jpeg

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Nah.....not for me.  Bollocks is my preferred word until it can actually be proven......which it won’t.

I’m sorry but I immediately stereotype people who make money out of this, there are many instances of scams catching out fraudsters compared to any legit (proof) that there is actually anything out there.

Note:  I’m not trying to diss anyone who actually believes in this or, who claim to have an experience of this....just my opinion.......here’s a graph showing scams V’s proof:

B09E3F79-868F-406F-A639-25792341E5E8.jpeg

I thought it was all shite until I experienced things. You get shows like most haunted that made a mockery of the paranormal. We will all find out if it's real or not one day but although the thought of death and ghosts scare me it's also a comfort.

A friend who is a Support Worker, went down south with a client and stayed overnight, with a number of random folk, in some supposedly haunted house which had appeared on the Most Haunted show a while back. He told me it was a load of pish. There were things happening like lights turning on/off and doors opening/closing, all of which could easily have been rigged. The thing that got the biggest reaction, was a crucifix on a bedroom wall which had, somehow unseen, turned upside down. There's probably people talking about it to this day, and I wouldn't be surprised if the staff there now tell folk about it. It was my friend who moved it.

I used to drink at the Navaar Hotel in Penicuik. This is going back 27 years maybe? 

The landlady back then was a lovely old dear. Forget her name but I’m sure she was always spoken to as Mrs .... rather than her first name? 

Anyway one day she told us she heard noises coming from the beer cellar one night after locking up for the night. She went down into the cellar and all the kegs were floating in the air in a circular pattern.

There was absolutely no reason for her to make such a story up. 

My mother was involved in two situations and I in one.

My mother was raised in the Highlands, one night as young lassies she and her sister were walking home on a dark evening, they were out in he country their father a ploughman and living in a croft. As the walked down a fairly step brae in the lonely road they were accompanied by  what they thought was a stray dog. On getting to the bottom the dog just went away. Later when mentioning the story they were told that a man and his dog had been killed on the brae, and he sent his dog now to look after other travellers. 

Her second tale involved working as a maid in a local rich persons house. One day they were having a garden party on their estate, my mother was sent back some distance to the house for something. As she walked the short distance to the house she heard a choir singing beautiful music,  on return to the party area she mentioned the choir and how lovely the music was and was told there was no choir. This was in the early to middle 1900's so electronic devices were not  as now.   

My own experience was as about a four year old, I was asleep in the back bedroom of our house which was adjacent to the cemetery wall.  I awoke and their was an old lady standing by my bed looking at me, I got up and went through to my parents bedroom and woke them up my mother assured me it would have been my sister who also slept in the bedroom, we went through my sister was sound asleep, my mother then assured me that it was a dream. Many years later my mother recalled that night to me and told me that it was not the first time that old lady had appeared.

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

Pretty sure I seen Derren Brown do something similar years ago. People like that Derek Acora really rustle my jimmys, that thieving prick preys on people who need comfort and takes their money. What a scumbag. 
A weirdish one for me was I went to the spirit church in portobello with a now ex after her dad died and as soon as we went into the place I knew this woman was going to come to me. 
I honestly gave nothing away and she got some pretty weird things really bang on. That id recently had an ear operation in my right ear, asked if I liked my new music system (I’d bought a Sonos about the 3-days before) she mentioned my gran and one or two other things that simply can’t be explained. It’s free at that place too incidentally I didn’t ask for anything and neither did she. 
Im sceptical but intrigued. 

Horatio Caine

Away back in the 1970's I worked in an office in George Street.  The building's still there but now completely different use!  Anyway - we underwent an extensive renovation and the basement of the building was where the workmen  had their howf.  Also in the basement was the staff room and the toilets.  Living out of town at the time, I was always early in to work and on a few occasions I was the first to get there in the morning.  More than once, whilst going down the narrow winding stair to the basement, I came across a thin white, almost blue wisp of smoke rising up from below.  At first I assumed that one of the workmen had arrived before me and was smoking - the stuff looked just like cigarette smoke but there was no smell.  However there was no-one else in the building and to this day it remains a mystery.  One of the secretaries was quite matter of fact about it and said it was a spirit.

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

There was absolutely no reason for her to make such a story up. 

Says the guy who can't remember her name. 

maroonlegions

Everyone has one,(astral body),  your subconscious is linked to it.

You experience it, you use it when you dream. Some have perfected it and become more aware when they dream and can control their dreams. Life becomes a different kind of realty for it is what we do in this life that determines the next, there are no religious saviours.Its a CON, a tool to control, suppress and its ruled by fear and ignorance. 

Its when the subconsciousness is liberated, its the real you.

The irony is, religious lunatics have appealed to those who shrink any responsibility of their actions on this physical vibration called earth.  They fear any reality of a next life, karma in fact. 

Again scientific disciplines like "quantum mechanics" have put some "hypothesis" forward that when you die or when your physical brain dies your "consciousness",(subconsciousness"), or energy moves on, it does not die.

This book and some others like it are a very good starting point to any kind of understanding to the existence of other realms or dimensions outside the physical dimension we all are experiencing.  

That word "experiencing" is the key.

Until you experience anything you will never have true understanding.

People have experienced "astral projection" , people have woke up after surgery after  being deeply seated and recalled word for word conservation's of surgeons and of seeing their physical bodies being operated on.   

And i for one aint dismissing it just yet.

This fascinating book contains the remarkable account of Sylvan Muldoor's out of body experience, scientifically edited by one of the world's foremost psychic researchers, Dr. Carrington. Including both the detailed account of Muldoor's experiences and instructions on the technique of projecting the astral body, this book is thoroughly recommended for inclusion on the bookshelf of anyone with an interest in the subject.

90b668236b6a8a4c5c510fa9f22a61e3.png

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Been reading Dr Rodger Penrose "s  belief in the  POSSIBLE survival of some kind of "subconsciousness". He worked with Dr Stephen Hawkings.

Penrose, 85, is a mathematical physicist who made his name decades ago with groundbreaking work in general relativity and then, working with Stephen Hawking, helped conceptualise black holes and gravitational singularities, a point of infinite density out of which the universe may have formed. He also invented “twister theory,” a new way to connect quantum mechanics with the structure of spacetime. His discovery of certain geometric forms known as “Penrose tiles”—an ingenious design of non-repeating patterns—led to new directions of study in mathematics and crystallography.

His book named ...."New Physics of The Universe " is a must read.  

Penrose doesn’t seem to mind being branded a maverick, though he disputes the label in regard to his work in physics. But his theory of consciousness pushes the edges of what’s considered plausible science and has left critics wondering why he embraces a theory based on so little evidence.

Most scientists regard quantum mechanics as irrelevant to our understanding of how the brain works. Still, it’s not hard to see why Penrose’s theory has gained attention. Artificial intelligence experts have been predicting some sort of computer brain for decades, with little to show so far. And for all the recent advances in neurobiology, we seem no closer to solving the mind-brain problem than we were a century ago.

9780691178530.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

On 08/01/2021 at 14:08, jack D and coke said:

Pretty sure I seen Derren Brown do something similar years ago. People like that Derek Acora really rustle my jimmys, that thieving prick preys on people who need comfort and takes their money. What a scumbag. 
A weirdish one for me was I went to the spirit church in portobello with a now ex after her dad died and as soon as we went into the place I knew this woman was going to come to me. 
I honestly gave nothing away and she got some pretty weird things really bang on. That id recently had an ear operation in my right ear, asked if I liked my new music system (I’d bought a Sonos about the 3-days before) she mentioned my gran and one or two other things that simply can’t be explained. It’s free at that place too incidentally I didn’t ask for anything and neither did she. 
Im sceptical but intrigued. 

Had a similar experience myself at the wee church upstairs on Morrison Street, through the wall from Diane's. Again, it was free, so no reason to try con me. Never something I thought I'd go to, but my ex's Dad was fascinated by it all, and had went a few times. Anyhow, the fella doing it gave my then GF a message from her Nana. I never met her so couldn't vouch for any of what was said, but it drove her to tears so clearly he'd managed to give her enough to feel like she was talking to her. He came to me a short while later, and gave me a message from my Dad's Dad. I never met him as he left my Nana when my Dad was young, and my own Dad have never really had any contact with him. In fact, we didn't even know for real if he was dead at the time. But he gave me a message along the lines of 'Just because I never met you, doesn't mean I never loved you'. Felt pretty surreal more than anything because I honestly didn't know how much he knew of my existence. He also went on a spiel about a Jack Russell that he doted on, which I asked my Dad about straight after. It didn't make sense to him, but days later he got a random flashback to his Dad taking in abandoned dogs, and a Jack being one. **** knows if any of it was really true, as I said I don't even know for sure if he's dead. But like you, I asked for nothing, and got stuff that was scarily accurate.

My Granny also went and saw a medium months after her husband died in a car crash. She took it very badly and was looking for any wee piece of closure or comfort. Her and this medium knew nothing of one another, she didn't even tell the medium who she hoped to speak to. Almost instantly, the medium detected her husband, confirmed his name, and even grasped that he died in a tragic accident.

Honestly **** knows what to make of this stuff. I'm very much the 'seeing is believing' type, and still don't feel like I've seen enough to truly believe, but as I said before, some things are just too accurate to be fake.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Had a similar experience myself at the wee church upstairs on Morrison Street, through the wall from Diane's. Again, it was free, so no reason to try con me. Never something I thought I'd go to, but my ex's Dad was fascinated by it all, and had went a few times. Anyhow, the fella doing it gave my then GF a message from her Nana. I never met her so couldn't vouch for any of what was said, but it drove her to tears so clearly he'd managed to give her enough to feel like she was talking to her. He came to me a short while later, and gave me a message from my Dad's Dad. I never met him as he left my Nana when my Dad was young, and my own Dad have never really had any contact with him. In fact, we didn't even know for real if he was dead at the time. But he gave me a message along the lines of 'Just because I never met you, doesn't mean I never loved you'. Felt pretty surreal more than anything because I honestly didn't know how much he knew of my existence. He also went on a spiel about a Jack Russell that he doted on, which I asked my Dad about straight after. It didn't make sense to him, but days later he got a random flashback to his Dad taking in abandoned dogs, and a Jack being one. **** knows if any of it was really true, as I said I don't even know for sure if he's dead. But like you, I asked for nothing, and got stuff that was scarily accurate.

My Granny also went and saw a medium months after her husband died in a car crash. She took it very badly and was looking for any wee piece of closure or comfort. Her and this medium knew nothing of one another, she didn't even tell the medium who she hoped to speak to. Almost instantly, the medium detected her husband, confirmed his name, and even grasped that he died in a tragic accident.

Honestly **** knows what to make of this stuff. I'm very much the 'seeing is believing' type, and still don't feel like I've seen enough to truly believe, but as I said before, some things are just too accurate to be fake.

Christ, when I was young, we used to sneak up they stairs then scream and booo at the top of our voices then nash back down :)

36 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Christ, when I was young, we used to sneak up they stairs then scream and booo at the top of our voices then nash back down :)

Was there not also a spiritualist place / "church" / establishment at the Haymarket end of Dalry Road, on the left hand side and on the first-floor of the last set of buildings just before you crossed over the railway lines? I might be mixing it up with the Morrison St. one, but don't think so.

It was back in the 60s, man, image.jpeg.aca232f7c1e48a9ea314c0097e80908a.jpeg so maybe I just dreamt it...   

36 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Was there not also a spiritualist place / "church" / establishment at the Haymarket end of Dalry Road, on the left hand side and on the first-floor of the last set of buildings just before you crossed over the railway lines? I might be mixing it up with the Morrison St. one, but don't think so.

It was back in the 60s, man, image.jpeg.aca232f7c1e48a9ea314c0097e80908a.jpeg so maybe I just dreamt it...   

The one in Morrision Street was the only one I knew.

7 hours ago, Locky said:

Yeah one of my previous gf's went years ago to one of these, it was a case of open door policy no prior contact and spent 30 mins discussing details that no con artist could ever come up with.  

Its such a hard subject to grapple with and try to understand but there is just way too much stories out there for it to be ignored for me.