Jump to content

Scottish Referendum thread ( Merged )


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

Pans Jambo
18 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

 

That's top level hypocrisy given your hair trigger and accompanying insults at other posters.

 

I have no doubt that Scotland would be welcomed back into the EU very quickly but even if it were not the vast majority of people now know beyond all shadow of doubt that the UK is dysfunctional and many of us think we are fast becoming a failed state.

There is no real prospect of any meaningful change as government continues to serve private interest rather than it's people. Scotland is well down on the list of priorities, if there at all and indeed many in the current government are openly hostile to Scotland. Clear evidence of that is in not allowing a referendum, the UK government is denying the existence of Scotland as a country and denying the sovereignty of it's people. Even some Tories are offended by this. Denying a country the right to self determination is not a legally sustainable position but it's all the Unionists have as they have lost all the arguments. 

 

  

Well Said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ainsley Harriott

    118

  • Pans Jambo

    99

  • Justin Z

    78

  • manaliveits105

    72

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

No,

Theyre Unionist opinion pieces and one of them is from 2016 :lol:

 

What would you be saying if I posted an opinion piece from ‘The National’?

 

Exactly!!!

 

Show me the E U directive that applies directly to Scotlands position that backs up your statement.

 

Nothing less.

What's changed from since 2016 regarding Scotland attempting to join the EU

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What's changed from since 2016 regarding Scotland attempting to join the EU

No!

 

YOU made the matter of fact statement regarding the position an independent Scotlands future EU membership (or lack thereof) would be. 
 

I asked you to prove it and you sent me a unionist mouth piece opinion from 4 years ago!

 

Does that count a proof now does it?

 

Well OK then...sound.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Kindly point me to the post where I said the word “scum” describing tory voters. Thanks.

Ok you right you only called them "filth of these islands and evil rodents". I assume the word enabler means voter? 

20210105_191446.thumb.jpg.9cd499835c174dfe4f76b4aa68568efe.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ok you right you only called them "filth of these islands and evil rodents". I assume the word enabler means voter? 

20210105_191446.thumb.jpg.9cd499835c174dfe4f76b4aa68568efe.jpg

Thanks.

Word was not used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thanks.

Word was not used.

But equally as bad expressions were.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

No!

 

YOU made the matter of fact statement regarding the position an independent Scotlands future EU membership (or lack thereof) would be. 
 

I asked you to prove it and you sent me a unionist mouth piece opinion from 4 years ago!

 

Does that count a proof now does it?

 

Well OK then...sound.

Can you tell me what has since 2016 changed regarding the entry criteria to the EU that previously held Scotland back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

But equally as bad expressions were.

Not going to apologise for my opinion of the conservative party. 
 

They should just call it the English Empire Nationalist Party and be done with it. Would still attract the same amountbof support up here no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Not going to apologise for my opinion of the conservative party. 
 

They should just call it the English Empire Nationalist Party and be done with it. Would still attract the same amountbof support up here no doubt.

😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can you tell me what has since 2016 changed regarding the entry criteria to the EU that previously held Scotland back?

Scotland has never applied to be an EU member. We were a member up until last week...so theres that.

 

Still dont understand why the EU wouldnt accept Scotland though. You were going to show me the document of the EU article that explains that...wernt you???

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scotland has never applied to be an EU member. We were a member up until last week...so theres that.

 

Still dont understand why the EU wouldnt accept Scotland though. You were going to show me the document of the EU article that explains that...wernt you???

Scotland has never been an EU member. Care to show me saltire flying outside HQ in Brussels?

 

I showed you some already but you didn't like the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scotland has never applied to be an EU member. We were a member up until last week...so theres that.

 

Still dont understand why the EU wouldnt accept Scotland though. You were going to show me the document of the EU article that explains that...wernt you???

 

That membership was the UK not Scotland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Which would mean joing the exchange rate mechanism designed to transition into the Euro along with reducing our fiscal deficit to below 3%. Wouldnt happen overnight and would

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Wouldnt happen overnight and would equate to huge financial uncertainty and public spending cuts.

equate to huge financial uncertainty and public spending cuts.

Not much different from the U.K. being stupid and leaving the EU 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

That membership was the UK not Scotland. 

 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Scotland has never been an EU member. Care to show me saltire flying outside HQ in Brussels?

 

I showed you some already but you didn't like the answer.

So you freely admit that the country of Scotland doesn't exist then?

 

I always thought it did and was in a union with England, Wales and Northern Ireland which are 4 separate countries banded together in a united union called the UK which WAS a member of the EU ergo, Scotland WAS a member (not in its own right but still a member nonetheless). 

 

The UK left the EU and dragged out Scotland with it did it not? Scotland was a member of the EU as part of the UK.

 

Or is that incorrect (& dont forget to mention the Scottish elected MEP's in your reply)?

 

Ainsley, the reason I didnt like your answer is because it was a load of shite. Anyone can reference their "go-to" political opinion piece and post it on here. I asked for the "EU Directive" but we both know you will never find it because it doesn't exist.

 

Edited by Pans Jambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Just filling in my diary what date is the indyref2 vote again ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

aw aye we are not allowed one :greggy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

the vast majority of people now know beyond all shadow of doubt that the UK is dysfunctional and many of us think we are fast becoming a failed state.


Thats is becoming a more vivid reality as everyday passes especially as the pandemic continues to exposed the differences between the 4 nations. Not to mention the ineptitude of the current Tory government. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

So then children, can we put to bed the first pish fantasy statement:

 

'Scotland wont be allowed EU membership' as its a load of bollocks and NOBODY can prove otherwise.

 

What's the next reason that Scotland cant stand on her own then???

 

Deficit, currency, "once in a generation", mobile phone bills????

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:


Thats is becoming a more vivid reality as everyday passes especially as the pandemic continues to exposed the differences between the 4 nations. Not to mention the ineptitude of the current Tory government. 

:spoton:

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:
12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

hats is becoming a more vivid reality as everyday passes especially as the pandemic continues to exposed the differences between the 4 nations. Not to mention the ineptitude of the current Scottish government. 

:spoton:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

 

:isee:
 

 

 

Yes the SG have made mistakes (who hasn’t!) but one thing you can’t take away from them is they have always been clear when it comes to explaining concisely what we are expected to do and why. They are vastly different to the Tories when it comes to making things clear. Bumbling Boris and Co. are the complete opposite. Shambolic doesn’t cover it at times. 

Edited by Boy Daniel
Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
50 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

 

So you freely admit that the country of Scotland doesn't exist then?

 

 

 

 

There you have a classic example of the Political Opposite Statement Test. “If no-one on earth can possibly disagree with a statement,” the Test states, “then the statement itself is utterly worthless, and possibly moronic.” Pans's statement utterly fails the test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel

This is where we are. 
 

Unionists are gonna get 5-1’ed in the next referendum. 
 

And you can’t take that to the bank

67F3918C-A197-411F-A4A8-3AA9378B06DD.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

This is where we are. 
 

Unionists are gonna get 5-1’ed in the next referendum. 
 

And you can’t take that to the bank

67F3918C-A197-411F-A4A8-3AA9378B06DD.jpeg

Good point, polls have shown to be so reliable. They predicted brexit, trump and a large Tory majority at the last GE...oh wait 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL

if we did achieve independence i wouldn't want to be in charge of a country with very little economy, how many people will have jobs mostly public sector which costs billions every year. it will take decades to recover imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
44 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

There you have a classic example of the Political Opposite Statement Test. “If no-one on earth can possibly disagree with a statement,” the Test states, “then the statement itself is utterly worthless, and possibly moronic.” Pans's statement utterly fails the test.

I will cut and paste this for use later 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

if we did achieve independence i wouldn't want to be in charge of a country with very little economy, how many people will have jobs mostly public sector which costs billions every year. it will take decades to recover imo

Will it aye? 
 

Yet another financial wizard on JKB. 
 

Well done you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Will it aye? 
 

Yet another financial wizard on JKB. 
 

Well done you.

maybe you should wind your neck in i'm actually in favour of independence just pointing out a fact businesses closing left right and centre and it will be very difficult to recover from this pandemic for a long time.

 

i never said i was a financial wizard but some of my fellow colleagues within SG are and are mightily worried. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

:isee:
 

 

 

Yes the SG have made mistakes (who hasn’t!) but one thing you can’t take away from them is they have always been clear when it comes to explaining concisely what we are expected to do and why. They are vastly different to the Tories when it comes to making things clear. Bumbling Boris and Co. are the complete opposite. Shambolic doesn’t cover it at times. 

Yes they are so clear at explaining things after a decade in power campaigning for independence they are still to publish a credible economic case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott

Leaving the EU will be a disaster for Scotland and destroy our economy they said. Leaving the UK is the answer to all our hopes and dreams. Hope over fear, unleash the unicorn and Boo Boris.

 

 

 

 

ess-2018---webpage-graphic-png.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
22 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Leaving the EU will be a disaster for Scotland and destroy our economy they said. Leaving the UK is the answer to all our hopes and dreams. Hope over fear, unleash the unicorn and Boo Boris.

 

 

 

 

ess-2018---webpage-graphic-png.png

They can’t take the truth 

:no:

Link to post
Share on other sites
jamb0_1874
9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So then children, can we put to bed the first pish fantasy statement:

 

'Scotland wont be allowed EU membership' as its a load of bollocks and NOBODY can prove otherwise.

 

 

I've not read the whole thread, but I can imagine how it will go, so I apologise if this has been covered already. However if we flip the question over, what would be our arguement to Brussels to be accepted into the Union? Is there a list of strong reasons that we can present that would make them want us, keeping in mind I'm sure it only takes one country to say no and that's it and I'm instantly thinking Spain would be a hard country to convince...

Link to post
Share on other sites
jamb0_1874
35 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Leaving the EU will be a disaster for Scotland and destroy our economy they said. Leaving the UK is the answer to all our hopes and dreams. Hope over fear, unleash the unicorn and Boo Boris.

 

 

 

 

ess-2018---webpage-graphic-png.png

 

It is a very damning graphic. My main concern over the whole thing is people being lead by blind faith and not researching things both positive and negative enough to make a proper judgement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Leaving the EU will be a disaster for Scotland and destroy our economy they said. Leaving the UK is the answer to all our hopes and dreams. Hope over fear, unleash the unicorn and Boo Boris.

 

 

 

 

ess-2018---webpage-graphic-png.png

 

Couldn't you find any data that includes oil and gas exports?

 

I understand they are not insignificant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
42 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

Couldn't you find any data that includes oil and gas exports?

 

I understand they are not insignificant.

Would need to contact the scottish government for that one. It's taken from their website

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So then children, can we put to bed the first pish fantasy statement:

 

'Scotland wont be allowed EU membership' as its a load of bollocks and NOBODY can prove otherwise.

 

What's the next reason that Scotland cant stand on her own then???

 

Deficit, currency, "once in a generation", mobile phone bills????

Nobody said wont be allowed but there would be a lot of hoops to jump through in joining the EU or do you think it's a straight forward as joining a bowling club?

 

PS just just dismissing everything other than your own point of view as pish makes you pretty narrow minded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
49 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

Couldn't you find any data that includes oil and gas exports?

 

I understand they are not insignificant.

Apologies found the oil and gas now for you. In 2020 they were £724million. Next

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Leaving the EU will be a disaster for Scotland and destroy our economy they said. Leaving the UK is the answer to all our hopes and dreams. Hope over fear, unleash the unicorn and Boo Boris.

 

 

 

 

ess-2018---webpage-graphic-png.png

 

Literally everyone from day one has said a trading relationship with the remainder of the UK would be a cornerstone of independence. Since it's just as much in their interest as Scotland's to maintain it, there's no reason a frictionless border wouldn't be on the table.

 

The irony of you cheerleading the imposition of trading restrictions with the UK's largest trading partner, while posting this graphic thinking you're making some kind of point.

 

“Next.” :lol:

 

Edited by Justin Z
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

Literally everyone from day one has said a trading relationship with the remainder of the UK would be a cornerstone of independence. Since it's just as much in their interest as Scotland's to maintain it, there's no reason a frictionless border wouldn't be on the table. “Next.” :lol:

Yes because our current incumbent have such a strong frictionless relationship with Downing Street 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nobody said wont be allowed but there would be a lot of hoops to jump through in joining the EU or do you think it's a straight forward as joining a bowling club?

 

PS just just dismissing everything other than your own point of view as pish makes you pretty narrow minded.

Hoops to jump through...better not to bother then eh?

 

We are already fully EU compliant and have been for decades, Europe's biggest fishing waters, world class universities and more oil and gas than any other country in Europe...I am sure we would struggle to get accepted if we chose to apply.

 

Pish is EXACTLY what his point was. No point polishing a turd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes because our current incumbent have such a strong frictionless relationship with Downing Street 😂

 

Ah yes, as if a political relationship strained by years of Tory belligerence towards anything Scottish, and their shredding of the constitutional order and the law of devolution, has anything to do with trading.

 

You're truly a master of non-sequitur and motivated reasoning. By sound logic, your happy clapping of the UK voluntarily leaving its largest trading partner, and self-imposing trading restrictions should not only benefit Scotland, it should be self-evident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

Literally everyone from day one has said a trading relationship with the remainder of the UK would be a cornerstone of independence. Since it's just as much in their interest as Scotland's to maintain it, there's no reason a frictionless border wouldn't be on the table.

 

The irony of you cheerleading the imposition of trading restrictions with the UK's largest trading partner, while posting this graphic while thinking you're making a point. :rofl:

 

“Next.” :lol:

 

Yes I am sure the rUK WONT want Salmon, Beef, Fish, Water, Oil, Gas, Electricity, I.T. services etc etc etc when we are Independent....they will source them from Australia.....oh wait

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

Ah yes, as if a political relationship strained by years of Tory belligerence towards anything Scottish, and their shredding of the constitutional order and the law of devolution, has anything to do with trading.

 

You're truly a master of non-sequitur and motivated reasoning. By sound logic, your happy clapping of the UK voluntarily leaving its largest trading partner, and self-imposing trading restrictions should not only benefit Scotland, it should be self-evident.

:oohmatron: Ainsley got his erse skelped

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Apologies found the oil and gas now for you. In 2020 they were £724million. Next

 

Source? Of the data, I mean...not the oil and gas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
22 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:oohmatron: Ainsley got his erse skelped

There is a few nationalist spankers on here 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
10 minutes ago, Boof said:

That refers to 'Scotland’s share of North Sea oil and gas tax receipts...'

 

When Scotland becomes an independent country it won't have a parasitic larger nation stealing its resources.

 

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
21 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

That refers to 'Scotland’s share of North Sea oil and gas tax receipts...'

 

When Scotland becomes an independent country it won't have a parasitic larger nation stealing its resources.

If you care to check the total for the UK it comes in at £843million so the lions share is reflected as Scotlands. Nice attempt at diversion though 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If you care to check the total for the UK it comes in at £843million so the lions share is reflected as Scotlands. Nice attempt at diversion though 😀

 

Thank you for your confirmation that Scotland does indeed suffer from parasitic influence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

Thank you for your confirmation that Scotland does indeed suffer from parasitic influence.

It does indeed. Even when faced with facts that fail to live up to their own ideologies. Hope over fear though eh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...