Jump to content

Scottish Referendum thread ( Merged )


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

I'm sure I remember Sturgeon saying the referendum was a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Was she referring to the lifetime of a Tasmanian tiger, or maybe a newt?

 

 

Maybe once Nicoliar kicks the bucket we have another one. That would seem a fair measure. Safe to say it wont happen anytime soon regardless of the scottish elections. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ainsley Harriott

    66

  • Pans Jambo

    58

  • ri Alban

    40

  • manaliveits105

    32

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Boof said:

 

'She'? Is Boris Johnson a woman now?

Safe to assume people would think it was Sturgeon when discussing liars. She was caught lying to an official enquiry last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Forgetting politics,  i always thought a generation was 20 years.

 

Politically I would say a generation lasts as long as the government so:

Gen 1: Thatcher and Major

Gen 2: Blair and Brown 

Gen 3:Cameron,  May and Johnson 

 

As for the next Scottish independence referendum, I'd say it's in the Unionist interests to hold in sooner than later as more union supporters dying than reaching voting age. 

 

 

If that was a guide then we would have had left wing governments in the UK and almost everywhere else for  70  years at least.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Safe to assume people would think it was Sturgeon when discussing liars. She was caught lying to an official enquiry last year.

 

Also pretty ****ing stupid to assume such when I quoted a post that referenced the Prime Minister.

 

As for mendacious, intellectually limited hustler... NY Times article

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Referendum thread ( Merged )
Pans Jambo

Seriously, are folk suggesting the tories dont lie and are to be trusted?

 

Once in a lifetime? Yeah, politicians ahould be held accountable for throwaway comments. 
 

Lets start with Boris:

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/lets-get-brexit-done-and-take-back-control-of-our-fishing-waters

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/there-will-be-no-checks-on-goods-going-from-gb-to-ni-and-ni-to-gb-because

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/were-upgrading-20-hospitals-and-building-40-new-ones-and-you-are-going-to

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/absolutely-not-ive-never-tried-to-deceive-the-public-and-ive-always-tried
 


https://boris-johnson-lies.com/nicola-sturgeon-confirmed-last-night-to-andrew-neil-that-snp-policy-was-to

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/there-is-absolutely-no-evidence-that-ive-ever-seen-of-any-russian
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/20-000-more-police-are-operating-on-our-streets-to-fight-crime-and-bring
 


https://boris-johnson-lies.com/if-we-can-get-this-deal-over-the-line-then-we-can-release-that-pent-up

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/we-have-got-a-deal-oven-ready-by-which-we-can-leave-the-eu-in-a-few-weeks

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/i-might-ask-the-honourable-lady-how-she-can-justify-this-country-spending

 


https://boris-johnson-lies.com/there-will-be-no-checks-between-great-britain-and-northern-ireland

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/i-didnt-actually-say-collaborators-go-back-over-the-quotation

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/staying-in-the-EU-beyond-october-31-costs-UK-billion-a-month

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/ive-always-been-a-big-champion-of-women-at-the-top-of-every-organisation

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/one-of-the-reasons-i-wanted-to-have-a-queens-speech-was-so-that-we-could


 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/what-we-will-certainly-do-is-ensure-that-parliament-has-plenty-of-time-to

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/when-we-leave-the-eu-we-can-ban-the-sale-of-shark-fin-soup
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/the-prorogation-that-is-involved-with-this-queens-speech-only-loses-us-four
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/we-are-in-the-last-stages-of-negotiating-a-deal

 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/the-eu-would-be-entirely-to-blame-for-a-no-deal-brexit
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/i-want-to-stress-this-is-new-money-this-is-new-money
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/we-are-getting-ready-to-come-out-on-october-the-31st-do-or-die-come-what
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/it-is-an-extraordinary-fact-that-this-country-is-forecast-in-our-lifetimes
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/brexit-will-leave-the-irish-border-absolutely-unchanged
 

 

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/we-send-the-eu-gbp350m-a-week

 

And....He’s still not DEAD IN A DITCH either!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
15 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

You Scottish Nationalists are so touchy! Chill out, being so earnest and tightly wound can't be good for your long term health.

Boris lives rent free in all their tiny wee brains 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

Wont be long now until the big unionist arse collapse....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wont be long now until the big unionist arse collapse....

:levein_interesting:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wont be long now until the big unionist arse collapse....

Yes my Arse is collapsing at the thought of a referendum which is highly unlikely to take place anytime soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes my Arse is collapsing at the thought of a referendum which is highly unlikely to take place anytime soon.

 

It is staggering that anyone seriously thinks that a vote for the status quo in power in Scotland is a good thing as we prepare for being stuck in lockdown until March/April with Schools and Universities likely to be closed that time also.

 

All those people getting paid off will be flocking to thank Nicola for the great job she is doing.

 

The opposition parties have been relatively quiet in criticising the SG but just wait until the lead up to the Holyrood Election, probably the first UK election by Postal Vote only!

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

It is staggering that anyone seriously thinks that a vote for the status quo in power in Scotland is a good thing as we prepare for being stuck in lockdown until March/April with Schools and Universities likely to be closed that time also.

 

All those people getting paid off will be flocking to thank Nicola for the great job she is doing.

 

The opposition parties have been relatively quiet in criticising the SG but just wait until the lead up to the Holyrood Election, probably the first UK election by Postal Vote only!

I have to assume I'm misunderstanding, are you saying a vote for the SNP is a vote for the status quo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have to assume I'm misunderstanding, are you saying a vote for the SNP is a vote for the status quo?

 

Yes - a vote to keep a failing Scottish Government in power.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frankblack said:

 

Yes - a vote to keep a failing Scottish Government in power.

They're the party that advocates constitutional change as it's core reason for existence, the very opposite of the status quo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
Just now, Smithee said:

They're the party that advocates constitutional change as it's core reason for existence, the very opposite of the status quo.

 

That isn't even a possibility for at least 4 years regardless of the outcome of the election, so my point stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dia Liom

Should Scotland be independent?  Yes, of course it should.  Nothing to do with Johnson, Sturgeon, etc.  Just pragmatism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

That isn't even a possibility for at least 4 years regardless of the outcome of the election, so my point stands.

So you say, if I had my way they'd put UDI in the manifesto, win the next election and declare independence! That aside, more and more people want the party that represents change in Scotland whether you like it or not. 

You can call it a vote for the status quo but I think you actually fear them disrupting the status quo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So you say, if I had my way they'd put UDI in the manifesto, win the next election and declare independence! That aside, more and more people want the party that represents change in Scotland whether you like it or not. 

You can call it a vote for the status quo but I think you actually fear them disrupting the status quo.

 

They could do that but constitutionally they wouldn't have the authority to follow through with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes my Arse is collapsing at the thought of a referendum which is highly unlikely to take place anytime soon.

Then why even say it then :greggy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

They could do that but constitutionally they wouldn't have the authority to follow through with it.

 

Loads of countries have "broken the rules" to establish themselves, where there's the will, the red tape falls into place. 

 

The Scottish people are the only ones with the right to decide this and we don't need anyone's permission to have that conversation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

It is staggering that anyone seriously thinks that a vote for the status quo in power in Scotland is a good thing as we prepare for being stuck in lockdown until March/April with Schools and Universities likely to be closed that time also.

 

All those people getting paid off will be flocking to thank Nicola for the great job she is doing.

 

The opposition parties have been relatively quiet in criticising the SG but just wait until the lead up to the Holyrood Election, probably the first UK election by Postal Vote only!

Correct they play the indy card as in truth it's all they have. Their record in government over the last decade has been appalling and yet they seek to stir up hatred and division.

 

I understand theres an ongoing case and the court of session just now regarding their legal right to hold a binding referendum. Surley if the court rules they don't have the power and the UK government has ruled it out can they seriously offer a referendum on independence as part of their manifesto?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Then why even say it then :greggy:

Probably to point out how rediculas your first statement was

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Probably to point out how rediculas your first statement was

Rediculas. SNP edjucashun???

Edited by Pans Jambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Rediculas. SNP edjucshun???

Predictive text on a mobile. Usual Nat tactic though I'm sure you would have reverted to petty name calling had I not made a wee error.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Predictive text on a mobile. Usual Nat tactic though I'm sure you would have reverted to petty name calling had I not made a wee error.

Aye OK. Rediculas isnt even a word. Nice try though 😁

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
North Berwick Jambo

It’s brilliant , the only response they have left to 17 successive polls in favour of Independence is the pathetic “Once in a generation” line! Not to mention that they just ignore all the broken promises & the fact we were dragged out of the EU against our will. Add in the elite clowns at Westminster, their shambles of a  Covid response & the amazing  bumbling Boris & it makes Scottish Independence 100% inevitable.  Just close the book now 😉

(Although a few pages have been saved for that glorious day to remind a few chosen ones on here) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel

Let’s do it. Let’s call Westminster’s bluff stick the question on the May election ballot paper. Simple two part question,

Leave or stay in the U.K.   YES or NO 

Join The EU or not.  YES or NO.

 Publish some data prior to the election stating a realistic cases for and against. 
Publish expect date to join the EU.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

It’s brilliant , the only response they have left to 17 successive polls in favour of Independence is the pathetic “Once in a generation” line! Not to mention that they just ignore all the broken promises & the fact we were dragged out of the EU against our will. Add in the elite clowns at Westminster, their shambles of a  Covid response & the amazing  bumbling Boris & it makes Scottish Independence 100% inevitable.  Just close the book now 😉

(Although a few pages have been saved for that glorious day to remind a few chosen ones on here) 

Hmmm interesting. When  do you expect said referendum to take place?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Let’s do it. Let’s call Westminster’s bluff stick the question on the May election ballot paper. Simple two part question,

Leave or stay in the U.K.   YES or NO 

Join The EU or not.  YES or NO.

 Publish some data prior to the election stating a realistic cases for and against. 
Publish expect date to join the EU.

 

They can't publish a date for joining the EU as we don't even meet the entry criteria 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

It’s brilliant , the only response they have left to 17 successive polls in favour of Independence is the pathetic “Once in a generation” line! Not to mention that they just ignore all the broken promises & the fact we were dragged out of the EU against our will. Add in the elite clowns at Westminster, their shambles of a  Covid response & the amazing  bumbling Boris & it makes Scottish Independence 100% inevitable.  Just close the book now 😉

(Although a few pages have been saved for that glorious day to remind a few chosen ones on here) 

Indeed. The SNP is meant to be “failing” and we ahould all vote for Scottish Labour or even the toalies :lol:
Aye right!

Can they just get over it?

SNP landslide on an indy ticket followed by too much pressure for the UK Gov to ignore it.

 

Its happening yoonies. Mind yer arses!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel

@Ainsley Harriott we do at the moment. It would be our fiscal position that would to be assessed and that could be worked out I’m sure. 

Edited by Boy Daniel
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

They can't publish a date for joining the EU as we don't even meet the entry criteria 

Now theyre Euro MP’s and know all the criteria...on JKB!!! 


How lucky are we that Ainsley here is about to outline ALL the reasons why an Independent Scotland doesnt meet the EU membership criteria, and then reference us to the document that states it.

 

We are in for a real treat here folks...get the popcorn out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Indeed. The SNP is meant to be “failing” and we ahould all vote for Scottish Labour or even the toalies :lol:
Aye right!

Can they just get over it?

SNP landslide on an indy ticket followed by too much pressure for the UK Gov to ignore it.

 

Its happening yoonies. Mind yer arses!

Too much pressure on the UK Government? Nicoliar writes Boris a letter saying we want a referendum now. He replies saying sorry you've already had it. Aye he's sure to crack right enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

@Ainsley Harriott we do at the moment. It would our fiscal position that would to be assessed and that could be worked out I’m sure. 

We don't 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Too much pressure on the UK Government? Nicoliar writes Boris a letter saying we want a referendum now. He replies saying sorry you've already had it. Aye he's sure to crack right enough.

“Nicoliar”?

 

Who was complaining about name calling a few posts up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Now theyre Euro MP’s and know all the criteria...on JKB!!! 


How lucky are we that Ainsley here is about to outline ALL the reasons why an Independent Scotland doesnt meet the EU membership criteria, and then reference us to the document that states it.

 

We are in for a real treat here folks...get the popcorn out.

What you babbling about now its been well published many times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

“Nicoliar”?

 

Who was complaining about name calling a few posts up?

Shes not a fellow Jambo and member of kickback. Anyway you go on about calling Tories scum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

We don't 

Yes we do. We have just left the EU and all our laws are in line with the the EUs.

As I just said it’s our fiscal position that would need to be assessed which it not beyond the us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What you babbling about now its been well published many times.

Has it really?

 

Where?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Yes we do. We have just left the EU and all our laws are in line with the the EUs.

As I just said it’s our fiscal position that would need to be assessed which it not beyond the us. 

Which would mean joing the exchange rate mechanism designed to transition into the Euro along with reducing our fiscal deficit to below 3%. Wouldnt happen overnight and would equate to huge financial uncertainty and public spending cuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Shes not a fellow Jambo and member of kickback. Anyway you go on about calling Tories scum.

You saying theyre not like?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You saying theyre not like?

Exactly I believe we live in a society where people can exercise their democratic right without being being called Scum. Personally I'm a floating voter who tends to vote tory in local council elections as my local Tory councillor is a top guy who works hard for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People who vote to line their own pockets at the significant expense of others are scum. Poverty inducing scum.

 

There's a party that are good at doing that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly I believe we live in a society where people can exercise their democratic right without being being called Scum. Personally I'm a floating voter who tends to vote tory in local council elections as my local Tory councillor is a top guy who works hard for us.

 

That's top level hypocrisy given your hair trigger and accompanying insults at other posters.

 

I have no doubt that Scotland would be welcomed back into the EU very quickly but even if it were not the vast majority of people now know beyond all shadow of doubt that the UK is dysfunctional and many of us think we are fast becoming a failed state.

There is no real prospect of any meaningful change as government continues to serve private interest rather than it's people. Scotland is well down on the list of priorities, if there at all and indeed many in the current government are openly hostile to Scotland. Clear evidence of that is in not allowing a referendum, the UK government is denying the existence of Scotland as a country and denying the sovereignty of it's people. Even some Tories are offended by this. Denying a country the right to self determination is not a legally sustainable position but it's all the Unionists have as they have lost all the arguments. 

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

 

That's top level hypocrisy given your hair trigger and accompanying insults at other posters.

 

I have no doubt that Scotland would be welcomed back into the EU very quickly but even if it were not the vast majority of people now know beyond all shadow of doubt that the UK is dysfunctional and many of us think we are fast becoming a failed state.

There is no real prospect of any meaningful change as government continues to serve private interest rather than it's people. Scotland is well down on the list of priorities, if there at all and indeed many in the current government are openly hostile to Scotland. Clear evidence of that is in not allowing a referendum, the UK government is denying the existence of Scotland as a country and denying the sovereignty of it's people. Even some Tories are offended by this. Denying a country the right to self determination is not a legally sustainable position but it's all the Unionists have as they have lost all the arguments. 

 

  

Can you kindly evidence my said insults at other posters?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
38 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

No,

Theyre Unionist opinion pieces and one of them is from 2016 :lol:

 

What would you be saying if I posted an opinion piece from ‘The National’?

 

Exactly!!!

 

Show me the E U directive that applies directly to Scotlands position that backs up your statement.

 

Nothing less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
36 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly I believe we live in a society where people can exercise their democratic right without being being called Scum. Personally I'm a floating voter who tends to vote tory in local council elections as my local Tory councillor is a top guy who works hard for us.

Kindly point me to the post where I said the word “scum” describing tory voters. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...