Jump to content

Scottish Referendum thread ( Merged )


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think Boris will be around for an awful lot longer tbh. He’s way out of his depth for me and his cabinet is full of wrong uns. I don’t see Labour getting in Starmer is an empty suit and he’s not even in the door and he’s telling scotland what it wants. He’s toast already here. 
Who knows man but I feel if it’s part of the manifesto and the required votes come in then they have to let it happen. Otherwise they continue to give the SNP the fuel they need and the grievance grows. 
Saying no isn’t going to make this go away. 
I don’t think anyway. 

True but I also feel from the other side that chat of holding it this year etc feels like them trying to strike while the irons hot. Currently emotions are high due to the pandemic, brexit has just happened and Boris is in number 10. 

 

Even a more moderate Tory leader and the shouts for independence drops. It remained below 50% whilst Theresa May was PM regardless of Brexit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ainsley Harriott

    58

  • Pans Jambo

    49

  • ri Alban

    36

  • Zlatanable

    31

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

True but I also feel from the other side that chat of holding it this year etc feels like them trying to strike while the irons hot. Currently emotions are high due to the pandemic, brexit has just happened and Boris is in number 10. 

 

Even a more moderate Tory leader and the shouts for independence drops. It remained below 50% whilst Theresa May was PM regardless of Brexit.

I’d be amazed if it happened this year. That’s not the chat is it, surely no? 
It’s more like within 2 years I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I’d be amazed if it happened this year. That’s not the chat is it, surely no? 
It’s more like within 2 years I think. 

Think Sturgeon did last year and Blackford has called for one at the end of this year. Pretty poor thing to focus time on mid pandemic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Think Sturgeon did last year and Blackford has called for one at the end of this year. Pretty poor thing to focus time on mid pandemic 

Could say forcing through a brexit at this point was poor or the US elections shouldn’t have been held. The world keeps turning man. 
I don’t necessarily disagree with you though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

True but I also feel from the other side that chat of holding it this year etc feels like them trying to strike while the irons hot. Currently emotions are high due to the pandemic, brexit has just happened and Boris is in number 10. 

 

Even a more moderate Tory leader and the shouts for independence drops. It remained below 50% whilst Theresa May was PM regardless of Brexit.


‘No referendum whilst we are going to get humped’ type post. :rofl: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:


‘No referendum whilst we are going to get humped’ type post. :rofl: 

The Winners from 2014 hold the power to decide when and if it happens 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The Winners from 2014 hold the power to decide when and if it happens 😃


These winners? The ones that have more faces than the town clock? :rofl: 

 

Baroness Ruthie soon to be. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:


These winners? The ones that have more faces than the town clock? :rofl: 

 

Baroness Ruthie soon to be. 

 

 

Yep our beloved UK government that rules over all us Brits will decide and and when 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yep our beloved UK government that rules over all us Brits will decide and and when 😀


So there WILL be another referendum.

 

Thanks for the clarification ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...