Jump to content

Scottish Referendum thread ( Merged )


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ainsley Harriott

    59

  • Pans Jambo

    51

  • ri Alban

    36

  • Zlatanable

    31

Zlatanable
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

giphy.gif

Its not bait, its reality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

How will you vote, @Zlatanable?

Always against the clear and utter madness of Scottish Independence, 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zlatanable said:

Always against the clear and utter madness of Scottish Independence, 

 

 

So you'll vote against?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

 

So you'll vote against?

Get to the point, spare us the drama.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zlatanable said:

Get to the point, spare us the drama.

 

You haven't said.  So you'll vote against?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Just now, Ulysses said:

 

You haven't said.  So you'll vote against?

I thought there wasn't a vote. 

 

Anyway I think I'll start endless threads about the end of the union, the tories, another indyref poll and the official in September 2021 Scotland will vote to re enter the world at scotref 2021. Oh and maybe a Tick Tock unionist thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ri Alban said:

I thought there wasn't a vote. 

 

Anyway I think I'll start endless threads about the end of the union, the tories, another indyref poll and the official in September 2021 Scotland will vote to re enter the world at scotref 2021. Oh and maybe a Tick Tock unionist thread. 

 

I won't have a vote whenever it happens.  Just asking questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Oh and Unionists a delusional lapdog for his Overlords. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

You haven't said.  So you'll vote against?

Vote against what? Please be more clear in your communication. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I thought there wasn't a vote. 

 

Anyway I think I'll start endless threads about the end of the union, the tories, another indyref poll and the official in September 2021 Scotland will vote to re enter the world at scotref 2021. Oh and maybe a Tick Tock unionist thread. 

Fire in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zlatanable said:

Vote against what? Please be more clear in your communication. 

 

Will you vote against Scottish independence?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Just now, Ulysses said:

 

I won't have a vote whenever it happens.  Just asking questions.

I know. Sorry, I thought you were just asking the 'why would you vote if there's no vote' to the mixed up little delusional op. 

 

 

Anyway, you just know when the game is up, when people like Zlatanable go on and on about something they know is a foregone conclusion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Fire in. 

No Zlat you'll only end up in a thread starting with a D. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ri Alban said:

I know. Sorry, I thought you were just asking the 'why would you vote if there's no vote' to the mixed up little delusional op. 

 

 

Anyway, you just know when the game is up, when people like Zlatanable go on and on about something they know is a foregone conclusion. 

 

 

No, there's no need to play games like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ulysses said:

 

 

No, there's no need to play games like that.

 

For the avoidance of doubt, there's no need for me to play games like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

 

Will you vote against Scottish independence?

I hope over fear, that I will never have to engage in such a ridiculous referendum in my lifetime again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Just now, Ulysses said:

 

 

No, there's no need to play games like that.

There's always a need. Anyway, I think this will be merged or closed very some. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

No Zlat you'll only end up in a thread starting with a D. 

I meant, you fire in with as many pro-scot indy threads as you want.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I thought there wasn't a vote. 

 

Anyway I think I'll start endless threads about the end of the union, the tories, another indyref poll and the official in September 2021 Scotland will vote to re enter the world at scotref 2021. Oh and maybe a Tick Tock unionist thread. 


How about “the fall and fall of the Union”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow

This isn't a pro-union / anti-independence thread though, there's nothing here that would win someone over to that way of thinking. 

 

It's just unsupported spouting from a poster who really really needs a new hobby!

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
2 minutes ago, gjcc said:


How about “the fall and fall of the Union”?

:interehjrling:

 

 

 

 

I'll get on it after the WFT make the playoffs. Or don't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable

You Scottish Nationalists are so touchy! Chill out, being so earnest and tightly wound can't be good for your long term health.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I hope over fear, that I will never have to engage in such a ridiculous referendum in my lifetime again.

 

 

Yet you seem unwilling or unable to say directly that you will vote against independence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Pre-2014,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon said 'once in a lifetime' and 'once in a generation', I think they meant it.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55521732

 

 

OK Zlatanable. Do you believe if the SNP win a majority at Holyrood with an independence referendum, that this mandate from the Scottish people should be ignored and Scots should be told to shut up and do as they're told. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
Just now, Ulysses said:

 

Yet you seem unwilling or unable to say directly that you will vote against independence. 

No. 

You seem unwilling to understand.

I am only here to prevent Scottish Independence. 

That is all that exists. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

OK Zlatanable. Do you believe if the SNP win a majority at Holyrood with an independence referendum, that this mandate from the Scottish people should be ignored and Scots should be told to shut up and do as they're told. 

I think that's exactly what he's saying,  do I think he actually believes that? Not for one second!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

OK Zlatanable. Do you believe if the SNP win a majority at Holyrood with an independence referendum, that this mandate from the Scottish people should be ignored and Scots should be told to shut up and do as they're told. 

BUt ThAt WoNT HapPen, HavENt YoU HeARd? tHeYrE pLuMmEtiNg iN pOpuLarITy! FiNiSHeD!

 

4E64CF2B-B4AF-48D3-B8E2-2BFD6B1F9F6F.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I think that's exactly what he's saying,  do I think he actually believes that? Not for one second!

1- Once in a lifetime/generation. This was a real thing between 2011-2014. Nicola and Alex etc said it many times. 

2- Alex and The SNP signed an agreement, that they would abide with the democratic decision of the vote.

3- There won't be another vote about Scottish Independence, for decades now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow

It'd be interesting to know how those in power at the time saw it. The Scottish parliament was effectively swallowed up into the English parliament,  but we retained our own legal system and church (significant indicator of nationhood back in the day). 

 

Certainly in the intervening years there has been a strong sense of nationhood, so who knows.  If we vote for it, it's a moot point 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Well according to the GFA a treaty that was signed by Her Majesty's Government of the UK, it's 7 years. This September it will be 7 years since indyref, the only indyref Scotland has had in 314 years. 

 

Sorry about the threads, but for this to stop, that has to stop. That? Well just have read. 

 

 

Edited by ri Alban
Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

1- Once in a lifetime/generation. This was a real thing between 2011-2014. Nicola and Alex etc said it many times. 

2- Alex and The SNP signed an agreement, that they would abide with the democratic decision of the vote.

3- There won't be another vote about Scottish Independence, for decades now. 

Nah, no way you believe Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have the right to over- rule the democratic will of the Scottish people.

If enough folk vote for it, it'll happen. 

 

You're obviously at it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

It'd be interesting to know how those in power at the time saw it. The Scottish parliament was effectively swallowed up into the English parliament,  but we retained our own legal system and church (significant indicator of nationhood back in the day). 

 

Certainly in the intervening years there has been a strong sense of nationhood, so who knows.  If we vote for it, it's a moot point 😉

If we don't we should be fully annexed by England, and never speak of it again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

If we don't we should be fully annexed by England, and never speak of it again. 

It kind of doesn't matter. If people vote for independence,  it'll happen, regardless of whether Scotland is currently a nation, a region, a colony or whatever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Nah, no way you believe Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have the right to over- rule the democratic will of the Scottish people.

If enough folk vote for it, it'll happen. 

 

You're obviously at it.  

I believe in democracy. 

We, in Scotland voted to not become Independent.

 

It was a significant vote. And it ought to be respected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

 

I am only here to prevent Scottish Independence. 

 

 

 

I'd have thought you were here for a number of reasons, one or two of which might have something to do with Heart of Midlothian Football Club, but what you do with your free time is your own business.

 

You can't prevent Scottish independence any more than you can cause it.  Like everyone else posting on this forum, all you can do is express your own little opinion in your own little way.

 

Anyway, since you wouldn't say, I've gone ahead and assumed.  So all's good.  :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
Just now, Zlatanable said:

I believe in democracy. 

We, in Scotland voted to not become Independent.

 

It was a significant vote. And it ought to be respected.

It was respected, Scotland is still part of the UK. Are you saying people can't change their minds? That's not very democratic,  is it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

 

 

I'd have thought you were here for a number of reasons, one or two of which might have something to do with Heart of Midlothian Football Club, but what you do with your free time is your own business.

 

You can't prevent Scottish independence any more than you can cause it.  Like everyone else posting on this forum, all you can do is express your own little opinion in your own little way.

 

Anyway, since you wouldn't say, I've gone ahead and assumed.  So all's good.  :thumbsup:

You are not good at this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
Just now, Zlatanable said:

You are not good at this.

 

Oh son, just take a seat 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, Rab said:

Once again.

 

Do Not Take The Bait GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I've got 45 mins left of my first day back at work. Talking to this lunatic passes the time. 

 

Here's a deep question

 

If you reckon someone's a (really shite) troll, and you choose to engage them in conversation regardless,  who is really trolling whom? 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I've got 45 mins left of my first day back at work. Talking to this lunatic passes the time. 

 

Here's a deep question

 

If you reckon someone's a (really shite) troll, and you choose to engage them in conversation regardless,  who is really trolling whom? 

 

Both of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Rab said:

 

Both of you.

*shamed*

 

Back to work for me then 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JamTarts98

You are partly to blame for the NO vote last time. So calm down and it'll happen soon enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Referendum thread ( Merged )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...