Always against the clear and utter madness of Scottish Independence, 

So you'll vote against?

Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

So you'll vote against?

Get to the point, spare us the drama.

Just now, Zlatanable said:

Get to the point, spare us the drama.

You haven't said.  So you'll vote against?

ri Alban
Just now, Ulysses said:

I thought there wasn't a vote. 

Anyway I think I'll start endless threads about the end of the union, the tories, another indyref poll and the official in September 2021 Scotland will vote to re enter the world at scotref 2021. Oh and maybe a Tick Tock unionist thread. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Anyway I think I'll start endless threads about the end of the union, the tories, another indyref poll and the official in September 2021 Scotland will vote to re enter the world at scotref 2021. Oh and maybe a Tick Tock unionist thread. 

I won't have a vote whenever it happens.  Just asking questions.

ri Alban

Oh and Unionists a delusional lapdog for his Overlords. 

Zlatanable
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Vote against what? Please be more clear in your communication. 

Zlatanable
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Fire in. 

Vote against what? Please be more clear in your communication. 

Will you vote against Scottish independence?

ri Alban
Just now, Ulysses said:

I won't have a vote whenever it happens.  Just asking questions.

I know. Sorry, I thought you were just asking the 'why would you vote if there's no vote' to the mixed up little delusional op. 

Anyway, you just know when the game is up, when people like Zlatanable go on and on about something they know is a foregone conclusion. 

ri Alban
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Fire in. 

No Zlat you'll only end up in a thread starting with a D. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

I know. Sorry, I thought you were just asking the 'why would you vote if there's no vote' to the mixed up little delusional op. 

Anyway, you just know when the game is up, when people like Zlatanable go on and on about something they know is a foregone conclusion. 

No, there's no need to play games like that.

Just now, Ulysses said:

For the avoidance of doubt, there's no need for me to play games like that. 

Zlatanable

Will you vote against Scottish independence?

I hope over fear, that I will never have to engage in such a ridiculous referendum in my lifetime again.

ri Alban
Just now, Ulysses said:

There's always a need. Anyway, I think this will be merged or closed very some. 

Zlatanable
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

No Zlat you'll only end up in a thread starting with a D. 

I meant, you fire in with as many pro-scot indy threads as you want.

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How about “the fall and fall of the Union”?

A Boy Named Crow

This isn't a pro-union / anti-independence thread though, there's nothing here that would win someone over to that way of thinking. 

It's just unsupported spouting from a poster who really really needs a new hobby!

ri Alban
2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

How about “the fall and fall of the Union”?

:interehjrling:

I'll get on it after the WFT make the playoffs. Or don't. 

Zlatanable

You Scottish Nationalists are so touchy! Chill out, being so earnest and tightly wound can't be good for your long term health.

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I hope over fear, that I will never have to engage in such a ridiculous referendum in my lifetime again.

Yet you seem unwilling or unable to say directly that you will vote against independence. 

ri Alban
2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Pre-2014,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon said 'once in a lifetime' and 'once in a generation', I think they meant it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55521732

OK Zlatanable. Do you believe if the SNP win a majority at Holyrood with an independence referendum, that this mandate from the Scottish people should be ignored and Scots should be told to shut up and do as they're told. 

Zlatanable
Just now, Ulysses said:

Yet you seem unwilling or unable to say directly that you will vote against independence. 

No. 

You seem unwilling to understand.

I am only here to prevent Scottish Independence. 

That is all that exists. 

A Boy Named Crow
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

OK Zlatanable. Do you believe if the SNP win a majority at Holyrood with an independence referendum, that this mandate from the Scottish people should be ignored and Scots should be told to shut up and do as they're told. 

I think that's exactly what he's saying,  do I think he actually believes that? Not for one second!

BUt ThAt WoNT HapPen, HavENt YoU HeARd? tHeYrE pLuMmEtiNg iN pOpuLarITy! FiNiSHeD!

4E64CF2B-B4AF-48D3-B8E2-2BFD6B1F9F6F.jpeg

Zlatanable
2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I think that's exactly what he's saying,  do I think he actually believes that? Not for one second!

1- Once in a lifetime/generation. This was a real thing between 2011-2014. Nicola and Alex etc said it many times. 

2- Alex and The SNP signed an agreement, that they would abide with the democratic decision of the vote.

3- There won't be another vote about Scottish Independence, for decades now. 

A Boy Named Crow

It'd be interesting to know how those in power at the time saw it. The Scottish parliament was effectively swallowed up into the English parliament,  but we retained our own legal system and church (significant indicator of nationhood back in the day). 

Certainly in the intervening years there has been a strong sense of nationhood, so who knows.  If we vote for it, it's a moot point 😉

ri Alban

Well according to the GFA a treaty that was signed by Her Majesty's Government of the UK, it's 7 years. This September it will be 7 years since indyref, the only indyref Scotland has had in 314 years. 

Sorry about the threads, but for this to stop, that has to stop. That? Well just have read. 

Edited by ri Alban
A Boy Named Crow
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

1- Once in a lifetime/generation. This was a real thing between 2011-2014. Nicola and Alex etc said it many times. 

2- Alex and The SNP signed an agreement, that they would abide with the democratic decision of the vote.

3- There won't be another vote about Scottish Independence, for decades now. 

Nah, no way you believe Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have the right to over- rule the democratic will of the Scottish people.

If enough folk vote for it, it'll happen. 

You're obviously at it.  

ri Alban

It'd be interesting to know how those in power at the time saw it. The Scottish parliament was effectively swallowed up into the English parliament,  but we retained our own legal system and church (significant indicator of nationhood back in the day). 

Certainly in the intervening years there has been a strong sense of nationhood, so who knows.  If we vote for it, it's a moot point 😉

If we don't we should be fully annexed by England, and never speak of it again. 

A Boy Named Crow

If we don't we should be fully annexed by England, and never speak of it again. 

It kind of doesn't matter. If people vote for independence,  it'll happen, regardless of whether Scotland is currently a nation, a region, a colony or whatever. 

Zlatanable
1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Nah, no way you believe Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have the right to over- rule the democratic will of the Scottish people.

If enough folk vote for it, it'll happen. 

You're obviously at it.  

I believe in democracy. 

We, in Scotland voted to not become Independent.

It was a significant vote. And it ought to be respected.

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

I am only here to prevent Scottish Independence. 

I'd have thought you were here for a number of reasons, one or two of which might have something to do with Heart of Midlothian Football Club, but what you do with your free time is your own business.

You can't prevent Scottish independence any more than you can cause it.  Like everyone else posting on this forum, all you can do is express your own little opinion in your own little way.

Anyway, since you wouldn't say, I've gone ahead and assumed.  So all's good.  :thumbsup:

A Boy Named Crow

I believe in democracy. 

We, in Scotland voted to not become Independent.

It was a significant vote. And it ought to be respected.

It was respected, Scotland is still part of the UK. Are you saying people can't change their minds? That's not very democratic,  is it?

Zlatanable

I'd have thought you were here for a number of reasons, one or two of which might have something to do with Heart of Midlothian Football Club, but what you do with your free time is your own business.

You can't prevent Scottish independence any more than you can cause it.  Like everyone else posting on this forum, all you can do is express your own little opinion in your own little way.

Anyway, since you wouldn't say, I've gone ahead and assumed.  So all's good.  :thumbsup:

You are not good at this.

A Boy Named Crow

You are not good at this.

Oh son, just take a seat 🤣

A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, Rab said:

Once again.

Do Not Take The Bait GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I've got 45 mins left of my first day back at work. Talking to this lunatic passes the time. 

Here's a deep question

If you reckon someone's a (really shite) troll, and you choose to engage them in conversation regardless,  who is really trolling whom? 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

I've got 45 mins left of my first day back at work. Talking to this lunatic passes the time. 

Here's a deep question

If you reckon someone's a (really shite) troll, and you choose to engage them in conversation regardless,  who is really trolling whom? 

Both of you.

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Rab said:

Both of you.

*shamed*

Back to work for me then 

JamTarts98

You are partly to blame for the NO vote last time. So calm down and it'll happen soon enough. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Referendum thread ( Merged )