Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

quockerwodgerjambo
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who remembers spot the ball?

412AFF3A-D842-4477-89EA-7B6E052BB728.jpeg

D49EACA0-C0DA-41BA-A9C8-EF7E2509B23B.jpeg

What a state for a football pitch, a badly brushed carpet at best.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, a11ank said:

I dislike him passionately, but Collum played a blinder last night!

Sent the scroat off correctly (for a change) and played the game to a conclusion as nobody questioned it.  Even Lemon didn't mention it in his post match interview!

Only blot on his performance was not awarding a penalty to Livi in 2nd half.

No chance of null and void now.  Too many leagues played to conclusion last year and left the SFA as the embarrassing odd one out.

Nae 10IAR I'm afraid.  Shame!!😍

I wouldn't call allowing an offside Celtic and not awarding the Livi penalty aim as playing a blinder although I was hugely surprised when he sent the ape off. 

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I wouldn't call allowing an offside Celtic and not awarding the Livi penalty aim as playing a blinder although I was hugely surprised when he sent the ape off. 

Agree with your points but I was merely remarking he played a blinder because he played it to a conclusion!  Looking at the pictures after 70 minutes he could have quite easily have called it off as you couldn't see the lines properly.  Then again, he could have paused it to get the lines cleared!

Celtic would have loved it to be abandoned.  That combined with monkey boy getting his jotters was icing on the cake of a good night for Scottish Football!

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Agree with your points but I was merely remarking he played a blinder because he played it to a conclusion!  Looking at the pictures after 70 minutes he could have quite easily have called it off as you couldn't see the lines properly.  Then again, he could have paused it to get the lines cleared!

Celtic would have loved it to be abandoned.  That combined with monkey boy getting his jotters was icing on the cake of a good night for Scottish Football!

Tbf, around the 70 minute mark I thought it was getting called. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Tbf, around the 70 minute mark I thought it was getting called. 

It probably should have been called off earlier than that. Remember the Rangers - Hearts game called off in 14/15 after about 20 mins. The snow was worse in this Livvy game and it was on a plastic pitch. Maybe no fans influenced the decision to keep it going. Mind you, if there was a title race happening they would have stopped it. Celtic are currently experiencing what it's like for the rest of us in terms of not having things going your way all the time. 

14 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Nope. Not having that, you’re wide of the mark..:.

... always thought he resembled a baboons bottom, especially when his puss turns red. Definitely. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It probably should have been called off earlier than that. Remember the Rangers - Hearts game called off in 14/15 after about 20 mins. The snow was worse in this Livvy game and it was on a plastic pitch. Maybe no fans influenced the decision to keep it going. Mind you, if there was a title race happening they would have stopped it. Celtic are currently experiencing what it's like for the rest of us in terms of not having things going your way all the time. 

Isn’t it pathetic... it just shows how much and for how long they’ve had it their own way. 
Can you imagine what Scottish football would be like if there actually was a ‘level playing field’ for all? What a tinpot organisation. 

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

What a state for a football pitch, a badly brushed carpet at best.

The ball actually seemed to be landing more softly yet still skidding over the surface, an orange ball would’ve helped.

quockerwodgerjambo
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The ball actually seemed to be landing more softly yet still skidding over the surface, an orange ball would’ve helped.

I thought the poster edited out the ball, i was going to do a paint shop spot the ball type reply. Even as kids we played with an orange ball, rubber Mitre or Wembly my mate had a Frido.

Pasquale for King
Just now, quockerwodgerjambo said:

I thought the poster edited out the ball, i was going to do a paint shop spot the ball type reply. Even as kids we played with an orange ball, rubber Mitre or Wembly my mate had a Frido.

Nah that was my photo off my phone whilst I was watching it 😆
One of them was five minutes after Brown had been sent off, and they hadn’t been out of their own half and there was no footprints near Livis goal 😂🤣

quockerwodgerjambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Nah that was my photo off my phone whilst I was watching it 😆
One of them was five minutes after Brown had been sent off, and they hadn’t been out of their own half and there was no footprints near Livis goal 😂🤣

I was shocked that Brown was sent off, the tide is turning. Oh , footsteps in the powder room.

HHGH

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

I was shocked that Brown was sent off, the tide is turning. Oh , footsteps in the powder room.

HHGH

So was he. 

5981D28E-4623-426E-B8D3-7012367AFC8F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Out of interest, anyone know how many red cards Brown has had in his career? Hibs/Celtic and Scotland/Europe splits would be interesting too...

7 times. 4 straight reds.

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That was the one where the rangers chose to not clear the snow from the pitch before kick off in the hope that the match would be abandoned?

Maybe conditions at pitch level the other night didn't look as bad as they appeared from the camera high up? You'd have thought that Lennon would have been trying to get it abandoned for the slightest reason.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

That was the one where the rangers chose to not clear the snow from the pitch before kick off in the hope that the match would be abandoned?

Maybe conditions at pitch level the other night didn't look as bad as they appeared from the camera high up? You'd have thought that Lennon would have been trying to get it abandoned for the slightest reason.

There was nothing wrong with the conditions,it looked like the ball was actually running better and more smoothly, whilst also landing a bit more softly. It actually improved the game. The lines probably should’ve been cleared but the players would need to have hung about in the cold whilst it was done. If Lennon doesn’t complain about something to deflect attention and use it as an excuse then it’s not a problem. 

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was nothing wrong with the conditions,it looked like the ball was actually running better and more smoothly, whilst also landing a bit more softly. It actually improved the game. The lines probably should’ve been cleared but the players would need to have hung about in the cold whilst it was done. If Lennon doesn’t complain about something to deflect attention and use it as an excuse then it’s not a problem. 

Called it right there.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 21/01/2021 at 09:28, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No chance of null and void. The gap is too big.

They have a few weeks more contrived shambles and covid messups left. 

One thing is for certain,if they do manage to get scottish football cancelled this season, we will know for absolute certainty who scottish football is run for at the present time. In the past it was for both old firm clubs. Since rangers went down the leagues it has been run for one club. 

In the event this season is cancelled, it is hard to build a case for hearts, rangers and partick remaining in scottish football. At the very least in the unlikely event of cancellation both hearts and rangers should finally start making serious inroads to see if joining the english conference is a possibility.

Stephane Grappelli
On 21/01/2021 at 01:26, Felix Lighter said:

We have a winner.

Apologies for taking so long to congratulate you, sadly it's taken me two hours to compose this reply due to my arthritic fingers. My taipan is painfully slow these days.

No need to apologise.

And I'm really the winner? Fangs very much!

Maroon Sailor
23 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The snow came down pretty heavily at about 6pm that night and only just stopped before kick off. 

I think it was only started to clear the anti Ashley protests outside the main entrance as it was pretty toxic.

The pitch started to get icy making conditions unplayable.

They let all the fans out at the same time which wasn't a good thing to do as those ***** were raging as it was and it started to kick off behind the Broomloan as they just took pot shots at some Hearts fans

Tossers

On 18/01/2021 at 20:20, Mikey1874 said:

Centenary year. 

Now just a footnote in a mediocre 9 in a row, quadruple treble obsession. 

There was a much higher standard of football in Scotland in 1988.

Rangers had not long started the Souness era, Jim MacLeans United, Hearts, Aberdeen ,all capable of a result! 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Hopefully Doncaster has to fall on his sword.

Too busy sucking on it

SectionDJambo

Chris McLaughlin of BBC Scotland claiming to have seen an email from the SG to Celtic, sent in November, that confirms Celtic were ok to travel abroad for a training camp. The name of who sent the email has been redacted.

Something doesn't add up with this story. If Celtic had received this confirmation that all was ok, why didn't Lawwell or Lennon produce it to show to the Scottish media? It would have been an easy win for them.

Is it genuine, or was the advice withdrawn later, perhaps? Or maybe they didn't follow the stated protocols they said that they would, when asking for guidance.

9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Chris McLaughlin of BBC Scotland claiming to have seen an email from the SG to Celtic, sent in November, that confirms Celtic were ok to travel abroad for a training camp. The name of who sent the email has been redacted.

Something doesn't add up with this story. If Celtic had received this confirmation that all was ok, why didn't Lawwell or Lennon produce it to show to the Scottish media? It would have been an easy win for them.

Is it genuine, or was the advice withdrawn later, perhaps? Or maybe they didn't follow the stated protocols they said that they would, when asking for guidance.

That's irrelevant considering how the situation changed between November and when they went on the jolly. There were fans in grounds in Nov so it was almost reasonable to allow the trip then. 

They should have cancelled it. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's irrelevant considering how the situation changed between November and when they went on the jolly. There were fans in grounds in Nov so it was almost reasonable to allow the trip then. 

They should have cancelled it. 

I agree. 

I'm thinking that further correspondence or discussion took place which McLaughin either hasn't seen or doesn't suit his narrative.

Celtic wouldn't have not revealed that email without a reason.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Can't be arsed making a new thread. So I'll tenuously link this to Covid-19 instead.

Screenshot_20210129-092523_Twitter.jpg

Surely that really means they are banning travel to Wembley from a distance so there could be London-based Scotch there?

1 minute ago, Barack said:

It'll be a cluster****. :lol: There will be thousands in London in June. Vaccine be damned.

Do I agree with it...not really. Can I blame folk for going South, even if they can't get in, and experience the atmosphere of us at a major tournament again...no.

UK government will be wanting to hit that target of all the vulnerable ages & some middle-aged, by May. Think you'll see it kick into overdrive. 

I would very much be blaming those ***** 😁

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surely that really means they are banning travel to Wembley from a distance so there could be London-based Scotch there?

Scots!!!

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Can't be arsed making a new thread. So I'll tenuously link this to Covid-19 instead.

And anyone at Hampden should probably only be from the 'G' post code too the way things are likely to be here in June.

7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And anyone at Hampden should probably only be from the 'G' post code too the way things are likely to be here in June.

Pretty much. 

It’s probably something clubs will need to consider if trying to get fans in before the end of the season. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

As stated the circumstances had changed and they should have asked for confirmation, plus they can hardly call it a training camp when they took an injured player with them.

They knew they were in the wrong so they tried to bury it as quickly as possible. Sadly for them other teams were in trouble and used Celtic's trip as justification thus dragging it on.

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree. 

I'm thinking that further correspondence or discussion took place which McLaughin either hasn't seen or doesn't suit his narrative.

Celtic wouldn't have not revealed that email without a reason.

I would doubt if there was further correspondence or discussion. He obtained the information under FOI from the Scottish Government and not from Celtic. He will no doubt have requested everything that was written/said on the topic. I wrote some time ago on this threat that Celtic would have confirmation in writing, and they have.  It matters no one jot that circumstances had changed provided that the Scottish Government guidance hadn't. The SG said it was ok to go and if in the interim it thought differently, it should have changed the guidance and informed Celtic, especially since they had requested guidance with dates in mind. I know this sounds pro Celtic, but it's not meant to be - it is simply commenting on the correct procedures and in this respect Celtic in going did nothing procedurally and legally wrong. What they did when they got there is a different matter..... 

39 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As stated the circumstances had changed and they should have asked for confirmation, plus they can hardly call it a training camp when they took an injured player with them.

They knew they were in the wrong so they tried to bury it as quickly as possible. Sadly for them other teams were in trouble and used Celtic's trip as justification thus dragging it on.

UAE was unsafe by December.

Links with South Africa where the worst Covid variant developed.

Now on red list for travel. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

UAE was unsafe by December.

Links with South Africa where the worst Covid variant developed.

Now on red list for travel. 

The UAE was not deemed unsafe in December like it or not

The rewriting of history to try and suit a viewpoint does you no good

There is a big difference between whether they should have gone which is an opinion and whether they were allowed to go under the rules in place at that time providing they follow them.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

There is a big difference between whether they should have gone which is an opinion and whether they were allowed to go under the rules in place at that time providing they follow them.

Legally is different from reality. 

Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Quite right non essential travel

3 hours ago, Barack said:

I get the feeling this competition is being rigged for England to break their hoodoo...

Surely we already knew the SG had given approval to Celtic in November.  The point is that the second variant hit the UK hard and Celtic should have cancelled their trip.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We all questioned why they were going on this trip at the time the Hibs game was moved for it. Of course they were allowed to go - "essential/business" travel was allowed at the time. The SG has questioned if it was essential, quite rightly, but nobody was being turned away from airports. It is about personal responsibility not legal responsibility, and at this time Celtic FC were acting as a person, but were they being a responsible person? Celtic have blustered a load of nonsense about how training in warm weather was advantageous. Everyone else suspects it was a reward for the SC Cup Final & completing Quad Treble - why else would Jullien be there on crutches?

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I get the feeling this competition is being rigged for England to break their hoodoo...

Bit like 1966 then

5 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

FFS, is this Dubai debacle still a thing? Can't we just move on, it's obvious none of the authorities have the cajones to take the trampy ones on about the obvious violations.

Edited by JDK2020

5 hours ago, Barack said:

Back in the 60s and 70s, it was quite a sight to see, estimated 70k Scots take over Wembley. Capacity 100k.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

We all questioned why they were going on this trip at the time the Hibs game was moved for it. Of course they were allowed to go - "essential/business" travel was allowed at the time. The SG has questioned if it was essential, quite rightly, but nobody was being turned away from airports. It is about personal responsibility not legal responsibility, and at this time Celtic FC were acting as a person, but were they being a responsible person? Celtic have blustered a load of nonsense about how training in warm weather was advantageous. Everyone else suspects it was a reward for the SC Cup Final & completing Quad Treble - why else would Jullien be there on crutches?

👏