Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

22 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, so the microphones probably weren’t muted, more likely they just weren’t allowed to ask questions that hadn’t been submitted beforehand? If McEnemey’s mic was muted how did the board hear him and reply that he wasn’t allowed to ask questions?!

You can still type in a chat box. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, so the microphones probably weren’t muted, more likely they just weren’t allowed to ask questions that hadn’t been submitted beforehand? If McEnemey’s mic was muted how did the board hear him and reply that he wasn’t allowed to ask questions?!

Ehmmm EMAIL? As per my first sentence.... or chat box?

Been in plenty of video meeting in the past year.  The host can mute all participants and unmute who they want to speak. Sounds like people have been asking to speak in the zoom chat which hasn’t been allowed

20 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Got his 1st answer, Celtic arsewipe, nothing to see here, sweep-sweep. Couldn’t read any more.

This. Lawell's speech writer must have been on a bonus. 

20 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Am I bleary or did I just see that the head of the SPFL's first statement in all of this is to commend Celtic!?!?! He gets me so angry, it's almost physical convulsion!!!

It's not the SPFL's place to criticise member clubs?????? Hahaha. He went to ****ING war, including plenty criticism of a choice few of us last year.

There was actual personal abuse of our owner and chairperson. She was called a liar, later proven to be the usual newspeak and bullshit.

Oh my god he boils my piss. Weasel.

part_time_jambo
22 hours ago, downunder jambo said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-doncaster-qa-full-celtic-23321813

Wow, can't believe that interview! Even complimenting Celtic on their response! How the hell does he (ND) get away with it?

Reading that has actually made me angry!

He can't be that naive. I think he does it deliberately to wind people up.

part_time_jambo
20 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

You're right, a hangover from the curtailment of last season's Sky deal. I'm sure Peter will be livid when he finds out, and will make a rousing speech to condemn Doncaster at the next Spfl board meeting.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/26/scottish-clubs-still-awaiting-payments-from-league-for-2019-20-season

According to that article only 1m to be distributed between 42 clubs, and "some" Premiership clubs due 6 figure (£100,000 minimum) payouts. Even if "some" only meant 2, and we know who that will be, that only leaves 800,000 for the other 40 clubs (average 20k each). And they caused the whole shambles last year for that?

complete control
Just now, part_time_jambo said:

According to that article only 1m to be distributed between 42 clubs, and "some" Premiership clubs due 6 figure (£100,000 minimum) payouts. Even if "some" only meant 2, and we know who that will be, that only leaves 800,000 for the other 40 clubs (average 20k each). And they caused the whole shambles last year for that?

quick question.. why were 13 players on that jolly told to self isolate and not all of them ?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Am I bleary or did I just see that the head of the SPFL's first statement in all of this is to commend Celtic!?!?! He gets me so angry, it's almost physical convulsion!!!

It's not the SPFL's place to criticise member clubs?????? Hahaha. He went to ****ING war, including plenty criticism of a choice few of us last year.

There was actual personal abuse of our owner and chairperson. She was called a liar, later proven to be the usual newspeak and bullshit.

Oh my god he boils my piss. Weasel.

Totally agree, there can’t be many folk in Scottish Football that don’t feel that way. Even Celtic fans abuse him on social media. 

17 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We need a few more Stenny, Falkirk and Patrick T chairmen calling out the spfl... the language they are using in their statements is getting stronger with regards to a change in governance. 

If you want change in governance it’s not coming from pressure from piss ant clubs like Stenhousemuir etc. It’s got to come from a consortium of big clubs getting together and saying this is enough. Aberdeen Hibs Hearts Dundee Utd Motherwell.  I just don’t see any enthusiasm for it and it’s far more about protecting meagre finances than actually wanting the game run properly and fairly 

alwaysthereinspirit
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic unbeaten since Dubai.

This. Stats don’t lie. Lennon to sign an extension.

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

If you want change in governance it’s not coming from pressure from piss ant clubs like Stenhousemuir etc. It’s got to come from a consortium of big clubs getting together and saying this is enough. Aberdeen Hibs Hearts Dundee Utd Motherwell.  I just don’t see any enthusiasm for it and it’s far more about protecting meagre finances than actually wanting the game run properly and fairly 

Exactly.

Stenhousemuir shouldn't be in the 'pro' league.

Outstanding community club, do most things to a high standard considering their resources but not a professional football club and should have minimal to little to say surrounding professional football.

BREAKING: 

After pressure from the fans, the Celtic board have sacked manager Gavin Strachan with immediate effect. Neil Lennon will take the job on an interim basis till the end of the season

Pasquale for King

Lennon has just informed the media that another player has tested positive but didn’t say when or who it was. Edouard hopefully 😱

Gordon Ramsay

Just watched some clips from the press conference. 

He's completely embarrassing himself. Honestly think he might be drunk.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lennon in full victim mode.

If he was told to spout that nonsense from the Celtic Hierarchy  then they really are wanting the SG to shut football down. They really do have no shame at present.

What’s preposterous is you feigning injury to the head after being struck on the arm by a coin. You absolute weasel. Still boils ma blood. 

Edited by drambo

The Treasurer

I fully agree with Lennon.

There is an agenda where sellik are concerned? - that being the one where they want to decide the rules and whether they want to follow them or not.

sellik are held to a "higher standard" than other clubs  -  They keep telling everyone how special they are and the standards they set

Bulling ?  -  yes if anyone knows about that then it is sellik FC

Neil Lenin’s presser was hysterical. Demanding an apology from Andy Walker 🤣🤣 If he’s not pished during this rant then he’s rather troubled.  Deflect Deflect Deflect 😂 Always the victim. Poor Celtic. 

and another covid Dubai case been announced . Oh dear Neil.  And how’s the SPFL decision to make Hibs play them looking now

Edited by 1971fozzy

Berra than you

Imagine being a journalist in the press conference. I think I'd struggle not to burst out laughing. He says he finds it "remarkable" that only two players tested positive. Does that mean he was expecting more from the trip? He's all over the place.

I thought Celtic were leading Scottish football in dealing with Covid? Now they're being held to higher standards than everyone else? 

Which is it Neil?

Sounds like another anti-Catholic conspiracy. Hope he’s been working on his acting skills in case anyone misses him with a coin. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

He really is an odious little turd.

You feeling alright?

I only ask as the above is not upto your usual literary standard. It's rather mild.😉

18Jambo_dave74

I can't believe all this time I've been blaming Celtic for going to Dubai during a pandemic and all this time it is actually everyone else's fault - don't I feel silly. 

Accusations of bullying from Neil Lennon there as well. I sincerely hope he is pushed for further information on that as I'd hate to think Celtic, or Neil Lennon, have been bullied. I'm just surprised that the Scottish Government and the rest of the country haven't been accused of sectarianism yet - it's usually all to do with sectarianism, eh Neil? 

Lennon also saying that a player who has been self isolating now has covid - well, how has that happened? Surely that should be investigated (hopefully with no "bullying" taking place Neil). 

In my 32 years on this planet it truly is amazing that Celtic have never ever been wrong. Not once. 

Just now, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I can't believe all this time I've been blaming Celtic for going to Dubai during a pandemic and all this time it is actually everyone else's fault - don't I feel silly. 

Accusations of bullying from Neil Lennon there as well. I sincerely hope he is pushed for further information on that as I'd hate to think Celtic, or Neil Lennon, have been bullied. I'm just surprised that the Scottish Government and the rest of the country haven't been accused of sectarianism yet - it's usually all to do with sectarianism, eh Neil? 

Lennon also saying that a player who has been self isolating now has covid - well, how has that happened? Surely that should be investigated (hopefully with no "bullying" taking place Neil). 

In my 32 years on this planet it truly is amazing that Celtic have never ever been wrong. Not once. 

Do they now need to look at who that player came in to contact with and what's not to say that said contact shouldn't have played since.

Null and Void attempt looming ever closer from the Darkhead Army.

McGlynn The Money

Only a matter of time before we found out that Celtic were actually the victims in all of this. I feel really bad now for blaming them before.

Watching a clip of that press conference I actually worry for the guys mental health, he’s had history previously and I think his bosses might have to step in to help him here. 

McGlynn The Money
Just now, Shanks said:

Watching a clip of that press conference I actually worry for the guys mental health, he’s had history previously and I think his bosses might have to step in to help him here. 

Agreed. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Yep. He needs taken out of that role ASAP. He's totally lost it. 

highlandjambo3
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Neil Lenin’s presser was hysterical. Demanding an apology from Andy Walker 🤣🤣 If he’s not pished during this rant then he’s rather troubled.  Deflect Deflect Deflect 😂 Always the victim. Poor Celtic. 

and another covid Dubai case been announced . Oh dear Neil.  And how’s the SPFL decision to make Hibs play them looking now

Getting a hibs first team positive case now would really set the cat amongst the victims.....play right into their hopes of a “null & void”...........I did mention over the weekend that this week was ultra popcorn time....it’s just started 😳

Paddy Crossan
27 minutes ago, drambo said:

What’s preposterous is you feigning injury to the head after being struck on the arm by a coin. You absolute weasel. Still boils ma blood. 

And the coin probably came from his back pocket. So many cameras in that area and no-one got lifted. He's an odious little toad.

jamboinglasgow

If Celtic came back from Dubai and released a statement saying "We apologise for the trip, it was a poor error of judgement on our part, we are sorry to our fans and wider Scottish football and will look to do better in the future." and that was it then they would be critised for going but things can move on and they could get some good PR in the papers (whether its deserved or not) about Celtic showing humility.

Instead every statement as been a "we are sorry, but we are actually the victims here." From Lawell talking about no club in Scotland having a tougher time because of Covid, to now Neil Lennon having a square go at anyone who dares criticise their acts.

If Neil Lennon feels Celtic are held to a much higher standard than any other team in Scotland and thats unfair, then can you give all Celtics wealth and being the biggest club to Hearts and we  will quite happily face the much higher standard.

16 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I agree but still have to appreciate this pic

95EC22DF-5373-4C58-8335-A848D4F34A78.jpeg

I think he will end up in carstairs in a padded cell, after a couple of years they will let him run one of the five a side teams in there. Celtic victim Fc are becoming a laughing stock. LONG MAY IT CONTINIUE 

23 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Yep. He needs taken out of that role ASAP. He's totally lost it. 

I'm sure celtic will do the right thing top deal with such a crisis.

They always do.

😒

jambo-in-furness

Perhaps if the victims had stayed at home the COVID results might have been similar, 

Perhaps if the victims had stayed at home they would have saved £200k+ and not had to put their under 18 team on furlough.

Perhaps next week at this time Lennon will still be in work,  then again.   Perhaps not.

Poor Neil.....what an emotional mess. home life with him must be fun!

Looking at the pictures it's clear that the pressure has got to him. He is a serious risk to himself. Never have I seen a person as unhinged as he is at this time!

Like any sick animal it would be a kindness just to put them down....Lawwell must put him out of his misery soon!
The guy is finished with football. No CEO would take on a basket case like Neil

Edited by Hashimoto

The Old Tolbooth

Lennon has done this in the past as well, if he talks the "VicTim" language, enough of them buy it and it gets him longer in the job, win win all round really :D