Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

The Apprentice
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

more likely not wanting to burn bridges for when they bin Lennon, don't think he's qualified but he may feel deluded enough to think he is.

Or if they need to go to them with the begging bowl for the annual loan player or two. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Game disappeared from betting sites 

Will just be because they don't know if the game will go ahead or not. Or if it does what sort of team Celtic could field. Won't be because it has been officially postponed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The season will finish I'm sure,  but it could be delayed. 

Euro tournament will complicate matters. Premier could be stopped at 33 games,  our league 18 games. 

Its enough to constitute a season 

24 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Interesting wording, folks returning from Dubai from 3rd are only ‘being asked to’,  not ‘must’.  Will be very interesting how Celtic and the governing bodies respond to this though.   Will they ignore the request I wonder,   or will there be more positive cases this week.  Also gives Hibs the perfect reason to play hard ball given their players could be at risk and they were messed around the the fixture too.    What happens next I wonder?

I think the SG are less than happy with what Celtic have done re popping off to Dubai.I also suspect that the SG know the +ve player was on that trip and have introduced this restriction from Dubai with the caveat of returning since Jan 03/2021.

They are basically backing the SPFL/JRG into a corner and see if they will actually behave like a responsible "Elite Sport" governing body and do the correct thing to "Protect the NHS and Save Lives".

The SPFL/JRG have so far not actually punished any SPL club (as appeals are ongoing) since Football was given the "Elite" status and allowed to go back to work. NB They have of course acted decisively in stopping HMFC from training in response to the behaviour of many SPL Clubs.

I fully expect SPFL/JRG will do absolutely NOTHING to assuage the anger at the SG.

It may well be that all "Elite Sport" in Scotland is halted due to the inactions of  the SPFL/JRG.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Kennedy admitted they've not followed all of the protocols they're meant to adhere to so if forfitting games is good enough for killie and St mirren (I think it was them) then it's good enough for celtic. We all know it won't happen though. If I was hibs, I wouldn't be happy about the game tomorrow.

It was those two and their appeals are heard next week, they will surely get off now so they don’t have to do this to Celtic. 

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Imagine risking 10IAR even further by catching some sun during a pandemic. I hate these ***** with a vengeance. 

It’s the arrogance of believing that they’re bigger than the authorities. Be that the SPFL or the SG. 

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I clicked on it and seen this, have to say it’s quite funny and rare for a Rangers fan to make me laugh. 

EA95BE0E-E118-49F6-B8C9-DE57AC8C6A57.jpeg

So that’s what Craig Leveins doing now......

Edited by DH1986

38 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

The Scottish Government have confirmed tonight that Celtic, as part of the elite sports category, are exempt from the newly introduced Dubai quarantine rules.

Despite the fact that it was for a "jolly" oh sorry training camp and not a football match.

I can imagine Lawwell saying to Nicola " Just to make sure Nicola can you delay the restrictions until after we get home".  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Gone now. Even camelon game shows 

Sorry that was a poor attempt at humour, linking those two teams to that betting site 🙈

There was probably a sudden slew of bets placed on Hibs to win after the positive test result then Dubai quarantine rule change. That will have caused the bookies to remove the game until they know what the situation is.

A few of them didn't offer odds on Killie games when they were being hit with positive tests earlier in the season.

Glamorgan Jambo
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This is the Scottish Government giving the SFA tomorrow morning to do the right thing. Will be interesting to see what happens and who ultimately calls the game off.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So that’s what Craig Leveins doing now......

Hahahahaha, quite like Michelle I have to say 😱

The Old Tolbooth

Hearing that Julien is the player affected by Covid, and three other players have tested positive for a first test only, and are awaiting a second test to see if they’re positive or not, no idea how much truth is in this but it’s just what I heard. 

5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

This is the Scottish Government giving the SFA tomorrow morning to do the right thing. Will be interesting to see what happens and who ultimately calls the game off.

Surely it could go ahead with Celtic playing their youth team

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, lou said:

Surely it could go ahead with Celtic playing their youth team

Probably could go ahead that way. Whether it does and whether the SFA/SPFL enforce it will be interesting. All along I've had the impression the SG are less than impressed with the leadership from the 'football authorities'.

In the interests of player safety hibs should refuse 

to play tomorrow as they will be at risk to themselves 

land also anyone else who they are in contact with

14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Hearing that Julien is the player affected by Covid, and three other players have tested positive for a first test only, and are awaiting a second test to see if they’re positive or not, no idea how much truth is in this but it’s just what I heard. 

Is Julien not badly injured? If so would be surprised if he had gone to Dubai.

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Is Julien not badly injured? If so would be surprised if he had gone to Dubai.

Julien went there was a photo of him in the Sun arriving back in Glasgow with his crutches and luggage.

Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

Julien went there was a photo of him in the Sun arriving back in Glasgow with his crutches and luggage.

That just sums up the whole trip then. It wasn't about training, it was a jolly.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That just sums up the whole trip then. It wasn't about training, it was a jolly.

Yes definitely. It was a "working" Holiday. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

As I stated earlier on if this does get discussed Doncaster better put some of his massive salary towards armoured glass windows. 

I heard Trump had applied for his job.....!

Corstorphine Jambo

It seems inconceivable that tomorrow’s game can go ahead. Politics and sport have become entangled in an absolute horror show. This isn’t anymore about who said what in November, it’s about what is right and proper in the current times. 
Any follow up investigation may well turn out be a whitewash, but the game must surely be cancelled. Surely......

If they weren’t “exempt” Celtic would probably argue that they’ve tested since returning to the UK and have no further positive tests.

Nothing to see here. Just the carpet it will be swept under 🧹

Edited by D4nny_

jamboinglasgow

The whole point of elite sport exemption is that they take extra precautions to prevent Covid with bubbles, limited contact and only going to places for competitions or training. This has already been shown to not be the case with Celtic's Dubai trip.

Doctor FinnBarr

Lets face it, this is a situation organised by Liewell to declare the league null and void so the smelly scum can still try for 10

4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Lets face it, this is a situation organised by Liewell to declare the league null and void so the smelly scum can still try for 10

Sevco would be straight down the court.  Any other club that would lose out financially would fight it too.

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sevco would be straight down the court.  Any other club that would lose out financially would fight it too.

Effin hope so.... 

I've joked with some West Coast friends that this would happen. 

Terrible times, we all now into the conspiracy land.. 

Only club that matters to me is the Famous and **** the rest.....

Geoff Kilpatrick

:rofl:

If Sturgeon doesn't make the game a bogey now after the inevitable Supine Fellating Asswipes look the other way, they might as well let crowds back in at 100% capacity. What a shambles!

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Arbitration surely 🤔?

BangkokHearts
3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

All my hun pals are saying this and I am adding fuel to the fire. Lol.

There can't be any null and void. Every fan I've spoken to about this, say it's the same as last year. 

Sturgeon will now stop football and Celtic will be rightfully blamed for their self entitled, above reproach attitude. 

Lunchtime announcement expected according to sky .  These filthy selfish wankers will in all likelihood force the SG to stop football all because they will do anything for 10 in a row.

They should be thrown out the league full stop. 
Disgusting club from top to bottom a real cess pitt of humanity and morales

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

saw how that worked out for us. The spineless Lord Clarke’s ‘court’ just sent the decision to kick us in the baws  back to the corrupt Celtic powered Scottish Football hierarchy. Remember Dungcasters glee at the decision ?  More corrupt than the Vatican .

Depending on how all this plays out (I believe) will have a major bearing on a lot of supporters being done with the game up in Scotland. Inc me.

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

saw how that worked out for us. The spineless Lord Clarke’s ‘court’ just sent the decision to kick us in the baws  back to the corrupt Celtic powered Scottish Football hierarchy. Remember Dungcasters glee at the decision ?  More corrupt than the Vatican 

Much as I agree the power balance has changed recently and Rangers are no longer trying to keep hold of Celtics coattails. They are strong enough again to influence things. In saying that they should have done it before summer and ballsed that up so........

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

saw how that worked out for us. The spineless Lord Clarke’s ‘court’ just sent the decision to kick us in the baws  back to the corrupt Celtic powered Scottish Football hierarchy. Remember Dungcasters glee at the decision ?  More corrupt than the Vatican 

There is a big difference between us succeeding and Sevco, who carry a lot more weight than us.  They will try and burn the league to the ground.

I do wonder if we failed to handle our court case properly as I just don't see how they had the chance to even take us to arbitration.

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There is a big difference between us succeeding and Sevco, who carry a lot more weight than us.  They will try and burn the league to the ground.

I do wonder if we failed to handle our court case properly as I just don't see how they had the chance to even take us to arbitration.

Thats whats in the articles isnt it. Therefore we tried to bypass the articles to go straight to court. The judge then ruled that he couldn’t rule on it as it was upto the SFA to deal with.

Do you know we as a club discussed pulling out of the league and looking to join another during this because of how we were treated and the cesspit of corruption within the league and SFA. As there are no viable options outside of the SFA , SPFL just now we had to drop that discussion but options were looked at.