Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, sadj said:

Just seen Englands introduced a required negative test before you are allowed to travel here. 

i assume that will come in up here but will be designed to begin after Celtic return

No restrictions until Septic get home.....nap

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I think we also need to know if they enjoyed their piss up in the sun as well.

Wouldn't want it to have been a wasted journey.

Rules for International travel are not devolved, so are the same for the whole of the UK. Celtic will probably have to test on return and their game with Hibs is Monday so team selection might be interesting 😃

Interesting point is the last times Celtic have gone to Dubai. They fly with Emirates and each player gets picked from there homes and taken back home not from Parkhead. As they travel business class. I wonder if this happened this time? 

4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ahead of the curve as usual, Boris' government say the new rules will apply some time next week.  Haven't yet decided which test to insist upon etc. (All this on ITV Lunchtime News)

You have to understand this, as it has come as a huge surprise to that lot of incompetents.  "Contingency" has been removed from their dictionary, along with phrases like "forward planning" and "get your b****y finger out!"

highlandjambo3

I see the Celtic circus has landed....a clip on the new as of a plane (any random one will do) at distance landing.  If that were hearts, numerous doormen of a large persuasion would need to be hired to keep the media hordes back........not surprised tbh.

9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Didn't realise the One Show were covering such topics these days.

😮 and **** yessss

Seymour M Hersh
On 08/01/2021 at 09:56, Nookie Bear said:

That's a couple of topics worth covering imho. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's a couple of topics worth covering imho. :lol:

No get to the point(s).

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Thread appears dead.......Celtic nothing to answer for then...........course we knew that anyway.

Not dead if a member of the Dubai touring party comes back testing positive.....Then the s#it will hit the fan!

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Not dead if a member of the Dubai touring party comes back testing positive.....Then the s#it will hit the fan!

We can but pray eh.

24 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We can but pray eh.

Came back yesterday I think.

When's their next game?... if they change at least half their usual side, we'll have our answer. Until then, we'll hear nowt.

Edited by Rogue Daddy
...Monday v hubz at paradICE. Game called off because of a frozen pitch... anyone got the odds?

Footballfirst

English women's sides aren't exactly blameless in the Dubai stakes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55566813

Man City 4 players tested positive after visiting Dubai - game postponed

Arsenal 1 player tested positive after visiting Dubai - game postponed

Man Utd at least 1 player visited Dubai 

Edited by Footballfirst

42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

English women's sides aren't exactly blameless in the Dubai stakes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55566813

Man City 4 players tested positive after visiting Dubai - game postponed

Arsenal 1 player tested positive after visiting Dubai - game postponed

Man Utd at least 1 player visited Dubai 

Nobody seems to mention the nature of these "business" trips by City and Arsenal women. Sounds like the Everton and Manu ones were just allowed to go on holiday there. Unbelievable errors of judgement but then if male footballers aren't too bright, are female ones likely to be? And if footballers aren't too bright, are ex-footballers come managers suddenly going to be?

Pasquale for King
On 07/01/2021 at 20:08, Blackford Hearts said:

When have there ever been 3 home games for one of the arse cheeks in a seasons league games? The fans would implode if that happened

It’s not allowed to happen, they are the only two teams who are guaranteed to have 19 home and away fixtures and two derbies each. 

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I see the Celtic circus has landed....a clip on the new as of a plane (any random one will do) at distance landing.  If that were hearts, numerous doormen of a large persuasion would need to be hired to keep the media hordes back........not surprised tbh.

Duffy flew back a few days ago, surely that means he was out their bubble and cabt play against Hibs? Bad news for the Leifurs 😆

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Came back yesterday I think.

When's their next game?... if they change at least half their usual side, we'll have our answer. Until then, we'll hear nowt.

Yes they did..........that’s the point I’m making.  It was a very low key return with a 5 second clip of a plane landing....no swarms of media (social distancing of course) in the arrival lounge to greet them.  Now if that was us.......

Blackford Hearts
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not allowed to happen, they are the only two teams who are guaranteed to have 19 home and away fixtures and two derbies each. 

Is the corrupt answer

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Is the corrupt answer

The newest one is that if Celtic inevitably win the Scottish cup 2nd place in the league takes the later entry into the Europa League qualifying rounds. 
It’s a shame it’s not all come crashing down around their ears during the pandemic, even if it affected us. 

Footballfirst
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Admit to making mistakes on trip. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55603267

Looking at the end of the article about what Jason Leitch said re case numbers in UAE, the question I would have is -  why it is still on the safe list for travellers?

Edited by Footballfirst

manaliveits105

Both BBC TV and radio did a great job today in promoting the nothing to see here dialogue including Michael Stewart stating it was evident how hard they were working in training in Dubai ? . British Broadcasting Celtic indeed.

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Both BBC TV and radio did a great job today in promoting the nothing to see here dialogue including Michael Stewart stating it was evident how hard they were working in training in Dubai ? . British Broadcasting Celtic indeed.

Quite selective of you there.......

Not one of the guys on Sportsound thought Celtic going to Dubai was a good idea nor did they say it was acceptable.

Stewart did say he understood the reasons....because Celtic are desperate and this trip has worked in their favour before.

Even Pat Bonner said it was crazy they went.

manaliveits105

They did but the overall vibe was its a misjudgement but lets move on and the Kennedy interview (we did everything in a correct manner) was hardly challenged .

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't really see what they can lawfully do in truth. The scandal is,  in a season that is allegedly tight for time the SPFL have failed to arrange fixtures for them. 

The amount of shit spoken since last March should beggar belief, but the world has not changed so much that the rich don't abuse power 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Looking at the end of the article about what Jason Leitch said re case numbers in UAE, the question I would have is -  why it is still on the safe list for travellers?

Indeed, a country with less than double our population has more than twice the cases we have.

Unbelievable that it is still on the "safe list". I wonder if money and the Conservative party has anything to do with that decision.

2 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Indeed, a country with less than double our population has more than twice the cases we have.

Unbelievable that it is still on the "safe list". I wonder if money and the Conservative party has anything to do with that decision.

and here was me thinking the SG set it's own 'safe list'?

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

and here was me thinking the SG set it's own 'safe list'?

You are correct, I was thinking about the testing at airports that is not a devolved issue.

Still doesn't get away from the fact it is strange that it is on the safe list when you look at the numbers.

Edited by corryjambo

15 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

You are correct, I was thinking about the testing at airports that is not a devolved issue.

Still doesn't get away from the fact it is strange that it is on the safe list when you look at the numbers.

to be honest I have a huge problem with the whole travel exemption/safe list concept. the fact I can get on an airplane and be stuffed elbow to elbow with a stranger on either side for 13 hours but I'm barely allowed to leave the house blows my mind.

completely agree with you on questioning why Dubai is deemed safe, it palpably isn't any safer than here.

20 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

No doubt, Dubai be on quarantine list in next week or so. As long as the vermin have landed. Cynical I know. 

Let’s hope they come back with at least one positive test.  Let’s see the compliant media wriggle them out of that.

Edited by Deevers

56 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Let’s hope they come back with at least one positive test.  Let’s see the compliant media wriggle them out of that.

A wee hamstring niggle, a tightness in the groin, swelling around the ankle. We know how it goes with this lot with the press happy to comply (do as they are told). 

Doctor FinnBarr
On 08/01/2021 at 09:56, Nookie Bear said:

Cold studio perhaps

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

No doubt, Dubai be on quarantine list in next week or so. As long as the vermin have landed. Cynical I know. 

But true

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders
Double post

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )