Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Maroon Sailor
11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Nothing like going overboard

They are on a break which will incorporate rest and training (as long as the break is allowed under the current rules and regulations)

The failure of many to understand the importance of rest astounds me given the information out there.

There is never a fuss when you see Italian players for example having a couple of glasses of wine with a meal but see a glass of lager next to a Scottish player and its as if they have had 7 or 8 pints

Had they won on Saturday not a word would have been said but it does not suit the agenda the media wish to take after Celtic's defeat

On the public relations front it does not make good viewing but it is hardly a crime and this fake outrage by some on JKB  is just funny

Except this is more like

We're Glasgow Celtic, we'll do what we want

Wouldn't be surprised if it's popcorn's leaving do

Edited by Maroon Sailor

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

south morocco
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The SPFL are hardly going to throw the book at them when it was them that made Hibs move the game so Celtic could go on their little holiday.  Scandalous decision from the SPFL and the media should be asking who is running Scottish football - Doncaster or Lawwell?  Would Hibs have been allowed to move this fixture so they could do this while Celtic protested?  I think we know the answer.

This, in a nutshell. If you’re a hibby you should be furious at this. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The SPFL are hardly going to throw the book at them when it was them that made Hibs move the game so Celtic could go on their little holiday.  Scandalous decision from the SPFL and the media should be asking who is running Scottish football - Doncaster or Lawwell?  Would Hibs have been allowed to move this fixture so they could do this while Celtic protested?  I think we know the answer.

Celtic are 3 games behind as well so could easily have fitted one of those matches in on Wednesday. 

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Whether the UAE is on a list or not is irrelevant, there are strict protocols in place which allow football to go ahead in Scotland. St Mirren fell foul of them, so did Killie. 

I'd be interested to know what they entail and how these videos fit in.

The Scotland National Team broke them in Serbia.  Indeed Scottish football's very own Dominic Cummings, Darryl Broadfoot told us on Sportsound about players moving the Covid seat settings so as to sit together to garner team spirit.

Unless a game is postponed due to an outbreak, then the JRG is not interested.

Edited by DETTY29

10 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Really , so all these pubs are shut because they can't be arsed ?

Yeah. Go to the Raeburn at Stockbridge. You can have a pint there. 

Maroonblood22
21 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve been to “dry” countries or regions before, Kerela in India and, Brunei south east Asia.  Beer was regularly served (if you were European) in a tea pot with cups in full view of anyone & everyone, police/officials etc and....it was regularly accepted to be part of the normal everyday thing that a restaurant would do.  You don’t sell beer then your customer base falls away, less income, less local employment, economy weak etc........

It was often suggested that cash regularly changed hands between officials and restaurant owners.

Locals drinking however was a different scenario altogether.

Agree on that, but Dubai's a different animal as it's not dry in any way. It's hugely westernised with a big expat and tourist base, so you don't have to go far to find a pub or get a beer. This hotel in particular is very popular so that was part of my point, they're not exactly trying to stick to any sort of bubble.

Maroonblood22
21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Totally agree and the photos of them lying by the pool having a pint and being around tourists / general public makes it all the more of a slap in the face for the rest of the SPFL clubs (especially hibs ;)).

Ex member of the SaS

With two teams falling foul of ridiculous rules with regard social distancing on a team bus, how do they justify sitting on a plane with people out with the sports bubble. The SG has already stated that the game is on a tight leash yet these manks get to postpone games ( for competitions not associated with Scottish football ) and now this. It really is a disgrace

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

There are pubs down Leith and likely elsewhere in Edinburgh that are open for carryouts generally at the weekends. 

In addition if you have a pint glass in your house it can be filled to the brim with alcohol of your choice and can be drunk at your leisure. You can even have more than 1 pint making that a few pints

Very good

13 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Denmark have handled this pandemic very well (imo). I was over at the In-Laws in September and most of the time you wouldn't have known. Was supposed to be over at the beginning of Dec and also just now but due to flight cancellations and the Danish authorities counter measures with the new strain it hasn't been possible, which is obviously heart breaking for my wife and her parents, who haven't had much of a chance to see their Grand Daughter. 

In regards to the topic, I'm not concerned about them returning given the safe systems in place in the UAE, it's more how the hell they circumnavigated the quarantine laws so they can be bounding about with the general population!! My brother moved over to Qatar in the summer and he had to jump through hoops (excuse the pun) to get there and abide by the quarantine regulations. Also, as a side note, these countries are far from "Dry", my brother is constantly What's App'ing from the Irish Boozer on a Thursday and Friday night. So long as you are in your designated area and keep a low profile the authorities won't bother you, but do not test them or you are appearing on an episode of Banged Up Abroad in a dingy cramped cell, after having your 10 lashes. 

Sorry to hear that Fraggle , my folks are the same with all their grandkids , its not doing them any good but they understand the need. 

Should club together and send a carryout to Broony n Lennon n let them get drunk n go out and “test them” be last we’d see of them. Though i think Celtic fans might be happier than anyone else if that happened...

45 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Totally agree and the photos of them lying by the pool having a pint and being around tourists / general public makes it all the more of a slap in the face for the rest of the SPFL clubs (especially hibs ;)).

There is always an upside.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Whether the UAE is on a list or not is irrelevant, there are strict protocols in place which allow football to go ahead in Scotland. St Mirren fell foul of them, so did Killie. 

I'd be interested to know what they entail and how these videos fit in.

Correct.  Hundreds, thousands, even, of businesses have been told to close, due to close contact.  Staff told to stay at home, on reduced wages, possibly later to lose their jobs.  Football was given an exemption, if certain rules and protocols were followed.  They surely haven’t been followed here. 

The funny thing about this training camp is to see who is more outraged? - the Hun fans about their Covid creds or the Celtic fans about them boozing by the pool whilst 19 points behind in the league! 

Cracking stuff!

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Correct.  Hundreds, thousands, even, of businesses have been told to close, due to close contact.  Staff told to stay at home, on reduced wages, possibly later to lose their jobs.  Football was given an exemption, if certain rules and protocols were followed.  They surely haven’t been followed here. 

Football has been given special dispensation when it really should have been closed down like lots of other businesses.  Arsehole footballers, especially in England have thrown this back in everyone’s faces with their do what they want, selfish attitude. They should get closed down again and they only have themselves to blame. 

Blackford Hearts
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This trip would have been organised a while back, on the basis of a “well done” nugget for catching up the other cheek and, a special pat on the back for Celtics outstanding victory on Saturday but, alas it’s all coming apart at the seams.........

I remember when we were pish and had our Christmas break/holiday cancelled.....that would have been Celtic’s better option but no......PR disaster looms and popcorn is ready.

For another pint or being sacked? 

3 hours ago, His name is said:

I'm actually surprised the press haven't book into the same hotel waiting on a full HD photo opportunity

Ironically that would qualify as "essential business travel"

16 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Just saw this, seemingly not from their hotel but a local sports bar !

1CCB4C12-2C8F-4A31-B963-BD4114D614F6.jpeg

At the very least tone deaf and insensitive. Could well see Football getting stopped again in short order, wonder if they will be so anxious to call the leagues this go around?

They have 3 SPFL games to play.

At least one of these games should have been played midweek. 

This will backfire on them unless the SPFL bails them out again.

1 minute ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Heading home tonight apparently  😆

Got to get in before the lockdown I assume. A 10 or 14 day quarantine would be rather embarrassing for both club and SPFL...

1 hour ago, Jap Jambo said:

At the very least tone deaf and insensitive. Could well see Football getting stopped again in short order, wonder if they will be so anxious to call the leagues this go around?

Just read some comments from them on Twitter asking for the SPFL to null and void the leagues to keep Hearts down :lol: 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Spurtsound may be worth a listen tonight to hear the totally unbiased panel of 'experts' venting their fury at the tramps for their despicable behaviour. 

Expect them to drag Hearts into it and to make the leagues null and void.

Actually the last point about the leagues may yet transpire......

I have had a quick look on Aunties Celtic Sports page and not a dickie bird about their Training camp in Dubai. Funny that.

However they have the death of Gerry Marsden as their top Celtic story just now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I have had a quick look on Aunties Celtic Sports page and not a dickie bird about their Training camp in Dubai. Funny that.

However they have the death of Gerry Marsden as their top Celtic story just now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic

Was Gerry a Celtic fan.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Beeped if I know 

I know he was a Liverpool fan

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I know he was a Liverpool fan

I can take no responsibility for the BBC and their sports coverage but I can let you see the original song from the Musical Carousel, an absolute belter

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

doubt he set foot in that shithole

None of them give a **** about him

20 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Was Gerry a Celtic fan.

didn't sellick claim that you'll never walk along was 'their' song before  liverpool 'adopted' it?

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

didn't sellick claim that you'll never walk along was 'their' song before  liverpool 'adopted' it?

Kidnapped, turned it into a circus song. Would have to google to find out who sang it first, can't be arsed.

Changed my mind.

"A Scouser and lifelong Liverpool fan, Marsden was the lead singer of 1960s Merseybeat band Gerry and the Pacemakers, whose rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone was adopted by the Kop in 1963," the club said in a statement.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Not remotely interested in this other than to say I wish it happened in reverse.  Celtic coming to Scotland for a drinking camp once every few years or even annually would be fine.

17 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s hilarious .  Here lads have a few days in 5* luxury away from covid laced Scotland. Enjoy yerselves after being properly buggered by our arch rivals 🤣🤣

Who would deny them their end of season party? Show a bit charity FFS

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

didn't sellick claim that you'll never walk along was 'their' song before  

image.png.94e94ba4229a10258c2ca5da45ab8997.png

THEY'LL NEVER WALK ALONE......!

Deputy First Minister 

On Celtic's trip to Dubai: "I don't think it's a good idea, I don't think it's a particularly great example set to people... we've all got to demonstrate leadership"

36 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its Liverpools song - they just copied

Everyone including us would sing YNWA, 
BBC TV Program Panorama in April 1964 had a documentary from Anfield, part of the programme highlighted the Kop singing the Merseybeat hits of the time including YNWA, It had been #1 hit for Gerry and the Pacemakers in November 1963, bearing in mind there would have been no MOTD at that time then this would have been the first time that the song would have been shown on mainstream TV being sung by a football crowd at a football ground

This song was sung regularly by hundreds of football clubs fans the length and breadth of the UK and Europe probably till the late 70s early 80s

Celtic have no more a claim to YNWA than Grimsby Town etc

highlandjambo3
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

That's the SG told the SFA to look into the Dubai trip. I'll not hold my breath.

Sweep....sweep....sweep

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

That's the SG told the SFA to look into the Dubai trip. I'll not hold my breath.

So at least one of the people responsible for changing their fixture with Hibs, so that they could go on their jolly, is now being asked to have a look at the trip. Doncaster is on the SFA committee isn’t he? Then there’s Mulraney, not forgetting Lawwell’s influence.

They’ll probably just have a wee gander at some holiday brochures to see what kind of hotel they’re staying at.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

No amount of training will improve Scott Brown. Just seen this tweet of Lineker laughing at him 😁

If any one moment summed up Scott Brown as a football player this is it

Not read this thread but wouldn’t surprise me if they have went away to piss off Scottish government and hope they stop professional football so rangers won’t win the league 

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )