Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I still cant figure out how you need that many. Say Celtic took a squad of 23 players, you have four main backroom staff (Manager, assistant, 1st team coach and GK coach.) Sport scientist and assistant, Throw in a kit man and assistant, physio, say 2 assistants (usually for sports massage,)  Club doctor, analyst (though surely thats one you can do remotely,) club chef and assistant, someone to organise things and perhaps an assistant for them. That is 40 people in total. A lot but still 20 people short. I could maybe say that there is 5 people with roles I have missed out but still a lot missing.

If it included non-club staff then Celtic should have the book chucked at them.

Suggests it was in part a reward for the treble. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Good journalist should be able to find out

I’ve mentioned to Tom English and Ewan Murray on twitter 😆

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What did the 5 dentists achieve 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Nothing they were just there for a jolly.

47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

One thing of interest came out the repulsive cretin's mouth and that was when he said most of the squad are tee total.  Wonder how many of our squad is.

They do or dont play golf?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, reminded me of Kevin Keegan all those years ago... meltdown-wise. Makes me wonder if something triggered his ire shortly before the presser or if it was premeditated and had been festering since his return from Dubai. If it's the latter, he needs help.

Part of me has been thinking he, perhaps, met with liewell prior to the presser, was advised he's to be emptied and then told to go out and do his worst!

Keegan was tipped over the edge at the height of the title race. Ferguson got in his head and played on the pressure.

Lennon and Celtic have had it too easy for ages. They’re not used to being pressed and they don’t know how to deal with it. There’s also a sense of surprise that they’re under the microscope because again, they usually get a free ride

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Gerrard was finishing well behind Lennon last season prior to Covid stopping things. 

That’s what I mean. Celtic thought it was easy and although Gerrard stayed on this season, it would have been his last if Celtic had streaked away again

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt he will take back one word. Credit where credit is due because Walker has played a blinder here.

He may even get ripped into them further, hopefully, because Lennon has given him even more ammunition.

🤞

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I still cant figure out how you need that many. Say Celtic took a squad of 23 players, you have four main backroom staff (Manager, assistant, 1st team coach and GK coach.) Sport scientist and assistant, Throw in a kit man and assistant, physio, say 2 assistants (usually for sports massage,)  Club doctor, analyst (though surely thats one you can do remotely,) club chef and assistant, someone to organise things and perhaps an assistant for them. That is 40 people in total. A lot but still 20 people short. I could maybe say that there is 5 people with roles I have missed out but still a lot missing.

If it included non-club staff then Celtic should have the book chucked at them.

To put it in context, EPL clubs are working in Covid bubbles with a max of about 40.

I guess you might need to add on admin people given that players aren’t even expected to remember their own passports 

1 hour ago, lou said:

Just realised there were 60 people of that trip, 60???? And according to some this 60 included Scott Browns mum and step dad 

was thinking the same..jeez, who where the 60?

I refuse to indulge in any poor neil dialogue, the man is an obnoxious wee rat and anything he's presently suffering from he brought on himself. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

According to Strachan, Celtic are a far better team than Rangers. 

Dont think he knows how the league table works. 

So it must be all Lennon’s fault then? If they’re a better side yet 20 points behind, the manager has failed to get the best from them.

Edited by GinRummy

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

What did the 5 dentists achieve 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

He still has the same amount of teeth now as he did before the trip. They doing a great job of keeping the wobbly yellow ones from falling out. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, adambraejambo said:

He still has the same amount of teeth now as he did before the trip. They doing a great job of keeping the wobbly yellow ones from falling out. 

Who would envy them that job 🤮

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

One thing of interest came out the repulsive cretin's mouth and that was when he said most of the squad are tee total.  Wonder how many of our squad is.

Don’t see how it’s relevant. 

7 hours ago, WageThief said:

The full press conference from Lennon is incredible stuff.  Listening to sportsound from last night, even Broadfoot is making sense.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought that too, first time I’ve not wanted to smash his face in. Lennon was suffering from PTSD from his own recent experiences, hence feeling sorry for Lennon. 

Broadfoot was still being a bit of an apologist. However he was nowhere near as bad as normal

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, even after coming back with two cases of Covid, having to isolate with 15 others and dropping another 4 points in two home games because of it. 

Ahhh but they shouldnt have gad to isolate that was a ploy by the SG to ruin Celtics season

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

🙈🙈 Does it matter? Id also take what Lennon said with a pinch of salt...or snuss or a line as he does

7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

According to Strachan, Celtic are a far better team than Rangers. 

Dont think he knows how the league table works. 

Maybe by transfer fees , Rangers are a (i say this begrudgingly) very well organised , drilled and effective team. There is no contest at the moment who is a better team.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t see how it’s relevant. 

Its not but it’ll be AB building a pub and her being a women feeding our team alcohol and its a disgrace. Do you really believe most of Celtics team don’t drink🤔 some won’t but it’ll be a minority. As for us we got smashed in The Tynie before a game so....

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Broadfoot was still being a bit of an apologist. However he was nowhere near as bad as normal

Ahhh but they shouldnt have gad to isolate that was a ploy by the SG to ruin Celtics season

🙈🙈 Does it matter? Id also take what Lennon said with a pinch of salt...or snuss or a line as he does

Maybe by transfer fees , Rangers are a (i say this begrudgingly) very well organised , drilled and effective team. There is no contest at the moment who is a better team.

Just realised I typed Lennon instead of Levein, he gave him an easy ride last night due to his unique and recent experience of not being able to do anything right. 

No way 80% of his squad don’t drink, but it’s not a big deal but Lennon seems to think it is. 

Just had a quick look at sellicks twitter feed (there's currently a broony presser about tomorrows game... cannae be arsed to listen), however, the coments are worth a look. All calling for lennon and the board to be sacked. eg -

Replying to
honestly Celtic NONE of us are in the mood. NONE of us are talking to you until Lennon and co are gone.

In the context of 3 or 7 on a 52 seater bus, I’m guessing it was a huge aeroplane for 60 to travel back safely

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

In the context of 3 or 7 on a 52 seater bus, I’m guessing it was a huge aeroplane for 60 to travel back safely

Ah but the SG shouldn’t have made them isolate it was ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Just had a quick look at sellicks twitter feed (there's currently a broony presser about tomorrows game... cannae be arsed to listen), however, the coments are worth a look. All calling for lennon and the board to be sacked. eg -

Replying to
honestly Celtic NONE of us are in the mood. NONE of us are talking to you until Lennon and co are gone.

🤣🤣🤣 At least they took the time to tell them they werent talking to them

17 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Replying to

Hope you had a thorough shower after intruding in that cesspit.

7 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Hope you had a thorough shower after intruding in that cesspit.

...in for a penny (got my full PPE gear on)

Replying to @CelticFC @CelticFCSLO
if you look at every post and every comment on them you can see that its just winding us fans up even more, 3 wanks against a whole fan base

...and this belter 😳

Replying to @CelticFC
Yous are playing at ur best but yous would be winning this league if use had a crowd z

...?! WTF?!

2 hours ago, lou said:

Just realised there were 60 people of that trip, 60???? And according to some this 60 included Scott Browns mum and step dad 

No, was just the first team and Leigh Griffiths was allowed to bring his kids...

2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

No, was just the first team and Leigh Griffiths was allowed to bring his kids...

If there were 60 on the trip he left quite a few at home

9 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

🤣🤣🤣

brunoatemyhamster
4 hours ago, indianajones said:

It would be really funny viewing.

Honestly though... Lennon has been nothing but poison for Scottish football both as a player and manager of two different teams. He just cant help himself. Would be positive for Scottish football  if he had nothing to do with it. 

I can't wait for him to get hunted out of the only place that will put up with his circus. 

Hell be finished up here. Lower Leagues in England a possibility, but to me anyway, despite all his trophies, he amazingly has yet to prove himself as a manager when he doesn't have a huge advantage over every other club. 

I reckon he's hopeless. 

Not that I had any to begin with but any chance of sympathy I may have given him for his mental issues went when he went down like a bag of suds after the coin incident. Speaks volumes that the pnly person remotely connected with Hearts who gives him any credibility whatsoever is Levein, who appears to have been living in a parallel universe for at least the last two years now.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Not that I had any to begin with but any chance of sympathy I may have given him for his mental issues went when he went down like a bag of suds after the coin incident. Speaks volumes that the pnly person remotely connected with Hearts who gives him any credibility whatsoever is Levein, who appears to have been living in a parallel universe for at least the last two years now.

Someone who so obviously can't handle pressure simply shouldn't be in the most high pressure job in Scottish football. It's weird on his and Celtic's part.

4 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Wonder what Andy Walker will be saying at the game in Wednesday..should be interesting

Probably “provinchull cullub” at some point in commentary.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

It was a private charter from a company called La Compagnie. 
I could be wrong but is there only 76 seats on these planes? 
The standard of journalism in this country eh?

https://www.lacompagnie.com/en/about/services/

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Probably “provinchull cullub” at some point in commentary.  

I have to thank him for saying that to be honest, I absolutely love saying it to fans of the uglies 😆😂

When are we going to get congratulated for stopping ten in a row?  It was him getting the job after them cheating us in the final that has cost them this and we should be given more credit.  That and the drink Lawell and Desmond had consumed during the game. 

We cost you ten in a row Celtic.   Ha ha! 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have to thank him for saying that to be honest, I absolutely love saying it to fans of the uglies 😆😂

😁. Think it’s a weegie/celteek thing. Im sure Pricklearse used to say it too. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Debut 4 said:

😁. Think it’s a weegie/celteek thing. Im sure Pricklearse used to say it too. 

Yeah definitely sounds celticky 🙄

Dusk_Till_Dawn

That St Johnstone statement might be the end of him. He was on thin ice anyway after  yesterday’s press conference and it’s not as if his performance in a competitive sense has been anything other than shambolic this season.

My money is on Celtic cutting him lose in the next few days. They’re making enemies of everyone and he’s making it worse.

Btw, it’s impressive to see the SPFL doing literally nothing as the Scottish government criticises one of its members and a fight breaks out between two member clubs. They are so spineless it’s almost not true.

When the 2nd positive case came out in the press conference.....

J_Jonah_Jameson_laugh.gif.8d9a596e9d072f513b73622a787fb3f8.gif20190813_221214.gif.d66eb6d6e37cbcbbc3fe89656b45fe53.giftenor-3.gif.0c8525c4dbdae2dcd33c00ab7c68f541.gif9GO1.gif.8360142e6122e173818c65eb01837a5d.gif

Disclaimer: No harm or ill health wished upon the recipient. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Btw, it’s impressive to see the SPFL doing literally nothing as the Scottish government criticises one of its members and a fight breaks out between two member clubs. They are so spineless it’s almost not true.

From the SPFL's rule book.

B Membership of The League

Relationship between Clubs and the League

B1 In all matters and transactions relating to the League and Company each Club shall behave towards each other Club and the Company with the utmost good faith.

Felix Lighter
32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

St Johnstone statement

It would not surprise me if celtic make a statement saying he meant to say St Mirren.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the SPFL's rule book.

B Membership of The League

Relationship between Clubs and the League

B1 In all matters and transactions relating to the League and Company each Club shall behave towards each other Club and the Company with the utmost good faith.

In practice:

B - The League shall wash its hands like Pontius Pilate, unless it is to award Celtic another trophy.