Budge out

glynnlondon

baron of ness
13 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

The fact that there is a Budge Out thread is frankly embarrassing. Without her there would be no club. Think about that. Utter nonsense. 

100%.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

36 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Thanks GBb......Joe Savage certainly speaks well, and thinks look a lot brighter with him around the club.
One thing that did immediately jump out for me was John Murray retaining what would appear to be a prominent role in recruitment.   

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Thanks GBb......Joe Savage certainly speaks well, and thinks look a lot brighter with him around the club.
One thing that did immediately jump out for me was John Murray retaining what would appear to be a prominent role in recruitment.   

A name that is mentioned as part of us being shite at recruiting, Joe has time to figure it all out.

In Joe i trust.

Cant believe all you t*ts - blaming Budge

Yeah new stand, yeah new players, yeah new handover plan to give to FOH, yeah stumped up 2 million, yeah Robbies back - Didnt see Budge up but did see Berra 3 times in 15 minutes - grow up ya t*ts

3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

The fact that there is a Budge Out thread is frankly embarrassing. Without her there would be no club. Think about that. Utter nonsense. 

Utter nonsense that alternate views cannot be made . I will always be grateful and thankful for AB stepping in when we were in our darkest hour, but I also recognise how flawed her leadership has been over the last several years. 

As the Boss said.... Blind faith in your leaders or in anything will get you killed . Think about that as well 

CalgaryJambo

I can’t believe people are so negative regarding Mrs Budge. She put put up the cash at our darkest hour and saved the club. Sure the team has underperformed big time in the last couple of years but now is not the time for another round of chaos. Onwards and upwards...

bobby bombscare
2 hours ago, fila said:

Utter nonsense that alternate views cannot be made . I will always be grateful and thankful for AB stepping in when we were in our darkest hour, but I also recognise how flawed her leadership has been over the last several years. 

As the Boss said.... Blind faith in your leaders or in anything will get you killed . Think about that as well 

Aye, let's get another cash happy nutter in to spend too much and run the club into the ground!

You understand the mess the club was in? not just financial, everything. Not a single thing being done right. And despite all that, we were third in the league a year after she got us going again. I think the problem was we were spoiled. It took SEVCO how long to get back to where they should be?  and they had a lot more spare cash than we did to fix problems. 

The stadium, the pitch, the training facilities, the youth setup, the scouting, the first team, the ability to self support... all an absolute shambles. These things will never be perfect but all still need time for improvement. Outside of the CL saga, she has done a decent enough job. I would much rather her in there than a clueless ex player/manager or some businessman looking to reap whatever rewards he can get from the club.

We have people being appointed in the areas she knows she either cannot oversee or is not qualified to oversee. and that should help steady the ship. That's just hearts fans though. Some of them wanted her and Neilson to go when we were sitting second in the SPL. They'll never be happy.

Edited by bobby bombscare

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Budge has only gone and backed a manager again. 

What a rotter she is eh

Rotter 🤣

I like Ann Budge. She seems like a nice woman and there is no doubting that she wants what is best for Heart of Midlothian. To the people who want to see her gone from the club I would simply say - be careful what you wish for. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, CalgaryJambo said:

I can’t believe people are so negative regarding Mrs Budge. She put put up the cash at our darkest hour and saved the club. Sure the team has underperformed big time in the last couple of years but now is not the time for another round of chaos. Onwards and upwards...

You make two of us. In fact three, 'cause I'm mates with another here.

5 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Aye, let's get another cash happy nutter in to spend too much and run the club into the ground!

You understand the mess the club was in? not just financial, everything. Not a single thing being done right. And despite all that, we were third in the league a year after she got us going again. I think the problem was we were spoiled. It took SEVCO how long to get back to where they should be?  and they had a lot more spare cash than we did to fix problems. 

The stadium, the pitch, the training facilities, the youth setup, the scouting, the first team, the ability to self support... all an absolute shambles. These things will never be perfect but all still need time for improvement. Outside of the CL saga, she has done a decent enough job. I would much rather her in there than a clueless ex player/manager or some businessman looking to reap whatever rewards he can get from the club.

We have people being appointed in the areas she knows she either cannot oversee or is not qualified to oversee. and that should help steady the ship. That's just hearts fans though. Some of them wanted her and Neilson to go when we were sitting second in the SPL. They'll never be happy.

Help steady the ship after how many years at the helm?

She has overseen a period of absolute dross, some of the worst squads and football I have witnessed and its down to her leadership. , her blind faith in CL was basically just astounding.

As a Hearts fan of over 40 years I cannot quite ever remember being spoilt apart from our European run, which has given me some great memories.

Football splits opinoins , I for one wasnt to fussed with RN coming back but he has my full backing , whilst I still believe AB needs to hand over the club as per planned   

bobby bombscare
8 hours ago, fila said:

Help steady the ship after how many years at the helm?

She has overseen a period of absolute dross, some of the worst squads and football I have witnessed and its down to her leadership. , her blind faith in CL was basically just astounding.

As a Hearts fan of over 40 years I cannot quite ever remember being spoilt apart from our European run, which has given me some great memories.

Football splits opinoins , I for one wasnt to fussed with RN coming back but he has my full backing , whilst I still believe AB needs to hand over the club as per planned   

Budges tenure has been the only time in my life that hearts have not had debt lingering in the background as a bad omen. I'm not saying she's the best ever, or that she should stay forever. but she at least deserved the chance to right a wrong that she made in the CL saga. 

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Budges tenure has been the only time in my life that hearts have not had debt lingering in the background as a bad omen. I'm not saying she's the best ever, or that she should stay forever. but she at least deserved the chance to right a wrong that she made in the CL saga. 

Night and Day to what she inherited and where the club is now.

If things are good on the pitch it would be because of the football personnel at the club and not down to her in some people's eyes.

If it's garbage it's her fault.

Levein ended up being a millstone around her neck and unfortunately that was down to her being too cosy with him.

You can't get everything right and you certainly can't please everybody.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 07/01/2021 at 22:24, Vlad Magic said:

I don’t remember you making an issue of this at the time?

Classic JKB.

Wait for an opportunity to complain about something years after the event then cry like a baby.

Suck it up.

Let’s face it, you’ve no fecking idea what I was saying about it at the time.

I can imagine the propaganda you were spinning though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Night and Day to what she inherited and where the club is now.

If things are good on the pitch it would be because of the football personnel at the club and not down to her in some people's eyes.

If it's garbage it's her fault.

Levein ended up being a millstone around her neck and unfortunately that was down to her being too cosy with him.

You can't get everything right and you certainly can't please everybody.

We’re in the Championship

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aye, due to a dubious vote. I hope that you're not arguing that the club is in the same position as when Ann Budge stepped in, let alone worse.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

At least we are in something

6 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Time will tell in that regard, hopefully we will challenging near the premiership next year and winning a cup or two in front of fans again 

On 09/01/2021 at 07:02, GinRummy said:

First time on this thread. Surely if there is an argument to replace AB, people know that now is not the time.

This is probably right. I’m still a bit pissed that we personally didn’t continue with DS but that’s just a personal opinion and doesn’t mean anything.

With the new structure IE McKinlay and Savage in place it appears that AB has recognised that she needs to handover the footballing side to others that know better and that’s good enough for me - the fact that she has recognised this

I dont personally think that replacing her is the answer and am more interested in seeing what the new structure will bring and especially where recruitment is concerned 

Let’s give it a chance and see where it takes us first 

pettigrewsstylist

Think we need to remember how much of a luxury and comfort it is to have jambos owning the club. Any mistakes and disagreements, are just that, and the dialogue and vocab used on here should recognise and reflect that. 

We are in a good place generally with some serious internal org & squad performance issues which need sorting. The club has achieved things in the last decade i never thought poss in my lifetime. Lets respect fellow jambos.

Only Hearts .

4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Think we need to remember how much of a luxury and comfort it is to have jambos owning the club. Any mistakes and disagreements, are just that, and the dialogue and vocab used on here should recognise and reflect that. 

We are in a good place generally with some serious internal org & squad performance issues which need sorting. The club has achieved things in the last decade i never thought poss in my lifetime. Lets respect fellow jambos.

Only Hearts .

This thread and title should be scrapped a ****in embarrassment to any decent minded Hearts fans 

50 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

To me its more the disrespect shown in the title of the thread and so many of the comments. We should always remember what she has done for us. Maybe she is the wrong person for the job, i don't know, but some of the abuse and name calling is bang out of order. 

I wouldn’t get to upset on comments , it’s just a forum of varying opinions, some just put out there for a reaction . I think all Hearts fans will always thank her for the initial input of money that ultimately saved us, however I think she has done herself a lot of damage in the way she had governed the club over the last several years 

1 hour ago, fila said:

I wouldn’t get to upset on comments , it’s just a forum of varying opinions, some just put out there for a reaction . I think all Hearts fans will always thank her for the initial input of money that ultimately saved us, however I think she has done herself a lot of damage in the way she had governed the club over the last several years 

Totally agreed 

Dont think Budge has much to be blamed for, more the people she put her faith in. She has never said she has a football brain, just a business.

2 hours ago, alanbauld said:

Dont think Budge has much to be blamed for, more the people she put her faith in. She has never said she has a football brain, just a business.

Maybe blame is the wrong word here. Culpable might be more appropriate!

No doubt Mrs Budge is a nice person, with everyone's best interest at heart, however she sits at the top of the pile, therefore the buck stops with her, whether that be the football side, forgetting to order the seats for the new stand or poor appointments. Of course, she cannot oversee every activity, she employs people to do specific things. But when it goes wrong the buck stops with her.

17 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Can we close this ridiculous thread please?

😂 no-one had been on it for a day until you bumped it.