Let it Snow

Greedy Jambo

Салатные палочки

Roads pretty bad on the way in this morning.  a 20 mile drive, I get to the work and quelle surprise, I am the only one here.  Already had two folk phoning me saying they are stuck.  Add to the fact that 13 people are already isolating due to a positive covid case in the office, leaving only four of us.  This means that I could potentially be in the office myself today.  Phoned my own boss who said "well I am glad you got there safely".  No, you're glad I got here, safely doesn't come into it.  

I am giving it until 10.  If there isn't any change in this snow I am heading home.  

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Harry Potter

• The Real Maroonblood

• Tazio

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Roads pretty bad on the way in this morning.  a 20 mile drive, I get to the work and quelle surprise, I am the only one here.  Already had two folk phoning me saying they are stuck.  Add to the fact that 13 people are already isolating due to a positive covid case in the office, leaving only four of us.  This means that I could potentially be in the office myself today.  Phoned my own boss who said "well I am glad you got there safely".  No, you're glad I got here, safely doesn't come into it.  

I am giving it until 10.  If there isn't any change in this snow I am heading home.  

Take care.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Take care.

No snow in Portmahomack but it is chucking it down. Brora looks wet as well

42 minutes ago, inspector said:

No snow in Portmahomack but it is chucking it down. Brora looks wet as well

Raining here in Edinburgh😕

Plenty of snow up in the hills, but here in the town only an inch or so, it's a mixture of snow/sleet/rain and the roads are just slushy now.

In fairness the council have been out all morning with the big snowplough gritter, tractors gritting and the small pavement gritters.

Салатные палочки

Just came on again pretty heavy so executive decision made, I am pissing off home.  

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Pics of your written off car, plz.

Xx

:laugh2:

1 minute ago, Barack said:

See, Harry? Salad knows I'm only kidding.

:look:

I know bud, the banter😃

Салатные палочки

Arse is now parked on the couch, coffee and a roll and sausage in my belly, laptop fired up to check periodically for emails. 

To add to my happiness, the missus had a day to herself planned while the wee one is at the childminder. Not tonight Josephine. 

:pleasing:

On 14/01/2021 at 09:34, jonnothejambo said:

6 inches up here in the Stirlingshire hills.

Ooooh, you little liar.

:oohmatron: 

Snowing heavily here in the Borders right now, had been raining all afternoon but it's now turned to snow and it's lying.

One forcast I seen was on about that we could get about a foot of snow over the next couple of days.........oh fun.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Starting to lye here in Livingston, 

Not coming down all that heavily though. 

Lie.  👍

That's all the amateur winter photographers back out in force in Penicuik.....

Hopefully an untimely slip and failed rescue attempts should knock a few off today.

#penisnow

😄

A good inch+ of wet snow here, most of the street gutters have standing water as it can't flow away, due to the slush blocking the drains.

Low cloud/mist with light sleet/snow/rain just now, expecting things to turn nasty later today going into tonight as the forcast isn't looking good for here, over the next 24/36 hrs, heavy rain then turning to snow blizzards tonight & tomorrow.

scott herbertson

Still deep here - an another couple of inches fell last night. Hard work getting to the shops from the back of my house

IMG_5125.JPG

16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Nah it really is.

Thanks for confirming that.  👍

I’m just so relieved to hear it wasn’t a ‘lye’.

Left Musselburgh today and was raining... arrived in gorebridge 20 mins later and you’d think I was in another country 

Good luck up that way in next 24 hours if weather forecast is correct 

Snow aplenty in Musselburgh just now. By far the most we've had here for a year or 2.

This despite the usually reliable XC Weather claiming literally 2-3 hours ago that we were only going to get a few centimetres in the wee hours. Then again, when I looked last night, it claimed we were initially going to get 30cm over tonight but that had changed. Maybe they should've stuck with their initial prediction.

I'm supposed to be driving to the Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh this morning, anyone know what the A1/bypass is like. 

Unusual to have this much lying in Sunny Dunbar!!!!

1611210812936.jpg

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

I'm supposed to be driving to the Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh this morning, anyone know what the A1/bypass is like. 

1611210812936.jpg

Bypass looks clear. Not sure about A1

12 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

1611210812936.jpg

A1 was fine an hour ago 

• 2 weeks later...

The snow was pish, I was all up for a complete blizzard like the good old days. 

I remember being allowed out until 11pm when i was a kid cos the whole place was thick with snow, the street lights and the white sky made it look like afternoon, sledging down hills, making jumps. What a time to be alive. 

I just want the sun to come out now so i can charge the battery in my car. 

Heavy snow forecast for tonight and pretty much all day tomorrow.

We have been lucky here as the last two times we have not had much, but I'm just going to bring the snow shovel in from the shed, just in case we get whacked this time.

Snowing currently in New york City. Nothing down here in the Scottish Borders east coast massive yet. Praying to wake up tomorrow with snow 

5 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Snowing currently in New york City. Nothing down here in the Scottish Borders east coast massive yet. Praying to wake up tomorrow with snow 

Overnight seemingly.

Nucky Thompson

Perfect. I though I was going to wake up to a blanket of snow, but nothing in Edinburgh.

As long as it stays like that

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It was raining of and on during the night, although it is snowing now here in the central Borders.

It’s a little in Edinburgh but not much.

Not a drop in Penicuik but did start when I left. Hope it doesn't come to much.

Getting snowed in is great. Snowed out....happened to me 3 years back. 20 min commute home took 3 and a half hours and even then I abandoned my car over a mile from home with only petrol fumes in the tank and bursting on a pish.

Came back to it the following day with a rude note saying I had parked across driveway.

Wrote my own note saying 

I didnt park it but rather abandoned it hence why it was wedged into a snow drift in the road randomly.

I didnt know they had a driveway as there was no garage and the snow was that thick and deep I couldn't tell.

Sellotaped a Chupa Chup lolly to the letter and said no hard feeling but here's a lollipop as way of an apology and posted it through his door.

(Note lollipop was not tainted in case you thought I stuck it up my arse first. A genuine kind human gesture it was)

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a little in Edinburgh but not much.

Pure white here now, been snowing on and off for the last couple of hours, about 1cm - 2cm lying on the streets/roads, wind has picked up so it's getting blown around all over the place.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Pure white here now, been snowing on and off for the last couple of hours, about 1cm - 2cm lying on the streets/roads, wind has picked up so it's getting blown around all over the place.

Snowing a bit now here.