Cricket (Any advice on how to stream it?)

Captain Slog

Recently, I was chatting to an old mate of mine in London, who was watching some weird American T20 cricket series, even though there was an International Test on, because he didn't know how to get access to the Test.

Now I know that people on the Terrace have advised how to watch various football games, and that American friends have even been advised how to watch Hearts, and I'm sure I've even had a link to a NFC game here.

So would anyone be able to help a rather elderly cricket fan, and talk me (and thus him) through in layman terms how he goes about finding free cricket streams to watch?

And while Im at it, possibly recommend a VPN?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Malinga the Swinga

• RobboM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

Recently, I was chatting to an old mate of mine in London, who was watching some weird American T20 cricket series, even though there was an International Test on, because he didn't know how to get access to the Test.

Now I know that people on the Terrace have advised how to watch various football games, and that American friends have even been advised how to watch Hearts, and I'm sure I've even had a link to a NFC game here.

So would anyone be able to help a rather elderly cricket fan, and talk me (and thus him) through in layman terms how he goes about finding free cricket streams to watch?

And while Im at it, possibly recommend a VPN?

I use an IPTV provider on a Firestick that carries Sky Sports Cricket and BT Sports channels which covers a lot of the Test and T20 matches that are televised.  It actualy has channels for Australian sports channels too for instance but the current Aus v India series is covered on BT anyway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, JWL said:

The joys of working from home. Pretend to be working but it's feet up watching the cricket😊

Thankfully it's not the only channel available and the sun's out or i'd almost wish that I had a job. 😄

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Conway living the dream. 

Record score for a debutant at Lords.

And England getting back what they are so good at. He's a South African. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Record score for a debutant at Lords.

And England getting back what they are so good at. He's a South African. 

Banned from entering NZ. :rofl:

Hard to know what to make of the NZ score. It's a decent total but when more than half the runs come from a single batsman maybe it means that batting isn't that straightforward, especially considerign NZ have a high quality line up.

The Lad Robinson has been dumped and suspended from all international cricket. 

I take it no-one is allowed a second chance to change, especially young lads becoming Men. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Lad Robinson has been dumped and suspended from all international cricket. 

I take it no-one is allowed a second chance to change, especially young lads becoming Men. 

has it been reported what his tweets were?

footballer andre grey was suspended from playing (when he was at burnley) for tweets that he sent when he was young

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Not in the age of puritanical social media.

If it was that bad, they'd have pulled him off (oo-er) during the bloody match. I've no idea what he typed, but this is an easy cop out for the ECB so they don't have to face questions into his future selection.

As you say, he was a young lad at a difficult time, and has now become a man. People change. People grow. Indeed, one might argue that redemption - even in the eyes of the Twit-twats - would be possible if he were neither a) male, nor b) white.

He's been Cancelled.

Some jealous ***** has waited for this and boom. 

Governor Tarkin

Thank **** there was no social media around when I was an angry and irresponsible young man.

9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Not in the age of puritanical social media.

If it was that bad, they'd have pulled him off (oo-er) during the bloody match. I've no idea what he typed, but this is an easy cop out for the ECB so they don't have to face questions into his future selection.

As you say, he was a young lad at a difficult time, and has now become a man. People change. People grow. Indeed, one might argue that redemption - even in the eyes of the Twit-twats - would be possible if he were neither a) male, nor b) white.

He's been Cancelled.

Great post. 

I’m sure we’ve all said things that are reprehensible. 

Suppose it depends on what he actually posted on Twitter. Could have been really bad or just something ignorant. To the cricket though and well played England and Joe Root. Had the chance to give spectators who haven't witnessed live Test Match Cricket in around 18 months an exciting run chase but no, play for a draw with the most attritional stuff seen in a hell of a long time. Brutal stuff.

Captain Slog

Is there a link for tomorrow?  And thank you for the links last week.  Martyn the geezer who started this thread, may well become a Jambo just for this thread and the meme  alone.  Ive had to explain bursd to him though.

Captain Slog

Any tech saavy young ones available.  My mate is wittering on about he clicks on the link, and cant get past the adverts, and mentioned opening an instagram account.  Any ideas how he cant get it?  I just click the link and it plays

16 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

Any tech saavy young ones available.  My mate is wittering on about he clicks on the link, and cant get past the adverts, and mentioned opening an instagram account.  Any ideas how he cant get it?  I just click the link and it plays

All I would say is you get pulled into adverts very easily on http://www.hesgoal.com/. It can be pretty constant. You just have to click back or close the advert windows. 

Looking forward to a great day's cricket today. Can see NZ batting before lunch and not messing about. Can't believe England haven't selected a spinner on a pitch that is known for turning. Will be interesting batting last but get the feeling it would have been even more tricky up against a bit of spin.

willie wallace
55 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Great to hear fans at a sporting event. Hopefully many more to come over the summer.

Any idea why the cricket had such a high percentage of the stadium capacity allowed in compared to the football.

Around 75% at Edgbaston.