Queen of the South/George Galloway

Perth to Paisley

Queens reminded of responsibilities by PS and no further action being taken against them.

Pretty much in line with the softly, softly approach as long as you are prepared to recognise where you have erred.

Football authorities will probably still need to review.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DETTY29

• i8hibsh

• Smoked-Glass

• Weakened Offender

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Rods said:

He supported Celtic he know supports QOS but due to his latest leanings would fit in more at Ibrox. 

I read somewhere that one of the main reasons he's against Scottish independence is his belief that its safer for Scottish Catholics to remain living within the union than it would be for them to live in a largely Protestant Independent Scotland.

The boy is a ****ing fruitcake. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I read somewhere that one of the main reasons he's against Scottish independence is his belief that its safer for Scottish Catholics to remain living within the union than it would be for them to live in a largely Protestant Independent Scotland.

Scotland would be the same no matter who thinks they run the show. People will be bored of it all in two weeks and go back to the bingo and pissin up against a wall.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Scotland would be the same no matter who thinks they run the show. People will be bored of it all in two weeks and go back to the bingo and pissin up against a wall.

Insightful 👍

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Insightful 👍

We want it easy, party with others peoples money

Free minded nation.

D&G moved from L1 to L4 pretty much over night but still managed to contact all other supporters who could no longer attend.

This is as much a publicity, political stunt from Queens as much as Galloway, imo.

It's just again, imo, another club seeing how far they can push the SG.

Only a couple of weeks ago Scot Gardiner was saying sponsors should be part of the football bubble and travel from Glasgow to Inverness to watch the SC Final, as a plan for ICT to host it.

These guys arent that stupid that they don't even know the agreed football covid rules as well as the general public ones. 

Edited by DETTY29

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We want it easy, party with others peoples money

Free minded nation.

Speak for yourself. 

I don't recognise any of that and most people I know are the same. Hard working, responsible and looking forward. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

D&G moved from L1 to L4 pretty much over night but still managed to contact all other supporters who could no longer attend.

This is as much a publicity, political stunt from Queens as much as Galloway, imo.

Only a couple of weeks ago Scot Gardiner was saying sponsors should be part of the football bubble and travel from Glasgow to Inverness to watch the SC Final.

These guys arent that stupid that they don't even know the agreed football covid rules as well as the general public ones. 

It is all about the free hit.

I would imagine the SFA will show an interest in this

Strange that he gained access unless he was on some sort of list and who put him on the 'list'

Did a steward feel pressurised to allow him access ?

Anything official from the club and they should be dealt with severely....there is no excuse

16 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Galloway was the biggest opponent to the war in Iraq in 2003 and you ll struggle to find anyone more forcefully speaking against it.  Time and time again he spoke of the lives lost rather than any policy or economic reason. 

Heart on his sleeve type of man. 

Lots of us opposed the war in 2003. The man's a total eejit who is only looking for self-publicity. 

Biggest thing about this is the disregard for the rules from these stupid tinpot clubs which could easily see the league canned or grants pulled, they still cannot see that acting alone for a couple of quid is what could bring football in this country to its knees and end the effing lot of them!

Gorgie Boot boy
22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Biggest thing about this is the disregard for the rules from these stupid tinpot clubs which could easily see the league canned or grants pulled, they still cannot see that acting alone for a couple of quid is what could bring football in this country to its knees and end the effing lot of them!

We should consider handing in our founding membership.

Perth to Paisley
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Anything official from the club and they should be dealt with severely....there is no excuse

He was invited by the club. 

So far there have been two apologies from QoS. The first was a bit pathetic and the second was apologising for the first.

Looka like the club have been naive in allowing themselves to be used by a manipulative self important tosser.

Psychopathic narcissist who gauges his behaviour by the reaction it produces...  That is his motivation and always has been.... Should have  been imprisoned for treason years ago..   so well suited to his career path

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

All a bit meh tbh. If the CoVid gestapo deem this to be actionable then fine the club. But so what if that muppet wants to support his local club. Sounds similar to Salmond's allege support of Hearts tbh. 

As much as I can't stand Salmond, he is a jambo. Our local MP, Angus McNeil, has been in our work a few times. 1 time he was in in the lead up to the indy ref, I had a hearts top on and I was blethering to him. He said that as much as he loves and respects his boss, he hated him the occasional day he wore a hearts top.

10 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

It's worth discussing GG to try and fathom out QotS angle on inviting him in.

Ian Murray and George Foulkes.

I would have no problem if the were allowed in to watch Hearts in this period of time. 

I would Tommy , why should they gain access when you or I can’t. I was maybe a bit dismissive of that angle. I agree with that. Just not the bringing it round to politics when to me it should be about QoS allowing him to attend even more so during a tier 4 lockdown. It makes a mockery of teams making an effort to protect players and officials. Half our staff aren’t back as we have to follow protocols yet he can go and watch them. Seems unfair to me.

willie wallace

I remember at the start of the new season Rob Jones said it was great to be back at ER and he enjoyed the game.

On what basis would he be allowed to watch a match.

2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I remember at the start of the new season Rob Jones said it was great to be back at ER and he enjoyed the game.

On what basis would he be allowed to watch a match.

Club or external media duties or scouting opposition would be 3 key candidates.  I think 'scouting opposition' is restricted to around half a dozen external people in total.

I wonder who Peter Grant was scouting for at Dundonald v. Queens Park tonight?

Just a co-incidence his son is the QP captain, I suppose.

N Lincs Jambo
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Only a couple of weeks ago Scot Gardiner was saying sponsors should be part of the football bubble and travel from Glasgow to Inverness to watch the SC Final, as a plan for ICT to host it.

Started reading the thread 10 minutes ago and finally on page 3 we find a post which addresses the reality. When GG first made plans to attend Dumfries was in Tier 1. QoS should have informed him that due to tiers changing that he and his family could no longer attend. Either that or accept that everyone else who was down to attend when they were still in tier 1 got to attend. 

The primary fault is with QoSfc, the secondary fault is with GG who should have known better.

10 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Started reading the thread 10 minutes ago and finally on page 3 we find a post which addresses the reality. When GG first made plans to attend Dumfries was in Tier 1. QoS should have informed him that due to tiers changing that he and his family could no longer attend. Either that or accept that everyone else who was down to attend when they were still in tier 1 got to attend. 

The primary fault is with QoSfc, the secondary fault is with GG who should have known better.

I don't think Galloway would have been ignorant of the change in status for the whole of Scotland. 

He just took the chance to cock a snoot at the ordinary people of Scotland. 

He is SPECIAL the rules are for ordinary people not visionaries like himself. 😏

Brick Tamland
23 hours ago, Costanza said:

<apologies for political content disclaimer>

Sorry but GG has not been anti EU all his life.

See here about 1hr 2mins in.

He's a charlatan and no Scottish football team should be entertaining his political ego trip.

Good find. 

Queen of the South should be ashamed by their behaviour and disdain towards their own fans. 

14 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

A shitey wee club that has flouted the rules. I hope they are hammered 

Best post on this thread, forget the drivel and concentrate on the problem

There were 7 days notice of the tier changes on boxing day. Both QoS and Galloway clearly thought he was above the ban and could be treated as if he was a board member.

11 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

There were 7 days notice of the tier changes on boxing day. Both QoS and Galloway clearly thought he was above the ban and could be treated as if he was a board member.

I don't agree with board members being allowed to attend either. 

Surely only people who are actually essential to the event should be allowed to attend. 

Board members are just wealthy fans, which is clearly why the reptile thought he was entitled. 

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I don't agree with board members being allowed to attend either. 

Surely only people who are actually essential to the event should be allowed to attend. 

Board members are just wealthy fans, which is clearly why the reptile thought he was entitled. 

10 senior non matchday personnel, I believe.

Ann Budge

Jacqui Duncan

Ann Park

Gary Locke

JJ

Stuart Wallace

Donald Cummings

Andrew McKinlay

I have spotted in attendance at games, but perhaps not all have been to every game.

Leaves Eric Hogg (now stood down) and Keith Windram as another potential two.

39 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yep.

I was speaking figuritively when saying overnight changes in a post above.  But I think only 10 senior non matchday staff are allowed to attend when no spectators, certainly no guests.

And QoS let Galloway and at least 3 family members in.

Because I'm a Doonhamer born, I take a lot of notice in Queens, but diminishing in wanting them to do well every passing day, but they seem to have more folk in attendance at games than even we do.  Of course it could be the illusion of the smaller stands, but imo a full review of their 'football' Covid procedures could interesting.

But I'm sure most clubs aren't following to letter and not just the occassional forget to put a mask on type breach.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I don't think Galloway would have been ignorant of the change in status for the whole of Scotland. 

He just took the chance to cock a snoot at the ordinary people of Scotland. 

He is SPECIAL the rules are for ordinary people not visionaries like himself. 😏

He had already tweeted no-one was stopping him from travelling cross border...

He knew exactly what he was doing.

There are however around 30 exceptions to allow cross border so may just have been his usual bluster - up until attending the game.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

There are however around 30 exceptions to allow cross border so may just have been his usual bluster - up until attending the game.

Was that the one 'through

Sturgeon's ring of steel'. 

Wasn't sure if it was a fake account. 

Surprised the Police have let them off with this. 

It's a blatant disregard of the rules. 

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Was that the one 'through

Sturgeon's ring of steel'. 

Wasn't sure if it was a fake account. 

Surprised the Police have let them off with this. 

It's a blatant disregard of the rules. 

Could have been as I appear to be blocked from his official account.  

He'll be just as gutted with the PS response of treating him like anyone else with a softly, softly approach.

12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I actually like the guy most of the time and like to listen to him debate.

George can be hugely entertaining . Lots of smarts totally ****ed up by an incredibly massive ego

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

George can be hugely entertaining . Lots of smarts totally ****ed up by an incredibly massive ego

Watch him at Oxford Union where some toffee nosed SJW calls him a racist.  He destroys him.

His bullying of a young woman who shares Scots words of the day on Twitter, which has emboldened dozens of other bigots to write the most vile things to her over the past couple of weeks, shows that whatever good may have once been there is completely gone.

He's really an absolute arsehole who thinks he's better than the rest of us, and his behaviour in this incident is perfectly in line with that.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Watch him at Oxford Union where some toffee nosed SJW calls him a racist.  He destroys him.

Don't doubt that for a second . But , as I said , he is his own worst enemy

Salmond is great in debate too but again the ego gets in the way . Bit like tricky wingers who beat their man but , instead of crossing the ball , have to go back and beat them again . Great to watch but not effective

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

His bullying of a young woman who shares Scots words of the day on Twitter, which has emboldened dozens of other bigots to write the most vile things to her over the past couple of weeks, shows that whatever good may have once been there is completely gone.

He's really an absolute arsehole who thinks he's better than the rest of us, and his behaviour in this incident is perfectly in line with that.

He's absolute trash, mysoginist to the core. 

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This the same guy who got booted from Talk Radio for anti-semitism and claimed he couldn't be an anti-semite because he listened to Bob Dylan and read a book by an author who claimed that Jewish people "profit" from the holocaust? That guy - literally having to play the "but I have a X friend" card after deliberately courting Muslim voters in Bethnal Green with his subtle and not-so-subtle anti-semetic tinged comments - until even they saw through the charlatan and voted him out. Sadly for us, he's now back to pollute Scottish politics with his desperation and misplaced ego. 

He's a conniving, self-serving piece of trash. Just because he can out-shout some wet behind the ears University student means nothing. 

George must know that celebrity people getting favours particularly in controversial situations is never a good look. 

For a so called man of the people. 

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

What an arse he is, I think most would disagree with him and there’s more practicing catholic’s here now anyway. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Yeah moving house is one of them. 
He knew what he was doing. QoS invited him when it was in tier 1 so that was their excuse, oh we should’ve said no after that. 
No surprise that PS haven’t done anything, and we wonder why people don’t observe the law. 

52 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He's absolute trash, mysoginist to the core. 

This the same guy who got booted from Talk Radio for anti-semitism and claimed he couldn't be an anti-semite because he listened to Bob Dylan and read a book by an author who claimed that Jewish people "profit" from the holocaust? That guy - literally having to play the "but I have a X friend" card after deliberately courting Muslim voters in Bethnal Green with his subtle and not-so-subtle anti-semetic tinged comments - until even they saw through the charlatan and voted him out. Sadly for us, he's now back to pollute Scottish politics with his desperation and misplaced ego. 

He's a conniving, self-serving piece of trash. Just because he can out-shout some wet behind the ears University student means nothing. 

He has many flaws but I have never heard him say anything racist. Racism was all I mentioned btw.

As for anti semitism (I also do not believe he is) why does this only get highlighted when the accusation is aimed at a middle aged/elderly white guy? 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He has many flaws but I have never heard him say anything racist. Racism was all I mentioned btw.

As for anti semitism (I also do not believe he is) why does this only get highlighted when the accusation is aimed at a middle aged/elderly white guy? 

So anti-semitism is OK but racism isn't? Is that really what you are going with here? I don't care, incidentally, what you believe, its a matter of fact that he was sacked from Talk Radio for anti-semitic remarks. 

Edited by Gizmo

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

So anti-semitism is OK but racism isn't? Is that really what you are going with here? I don't care, incidentally, what you believe, its a matter of fact that he was sacked from Talk Radio for anti-semitic remarks. 

No, that is not what I am saying.

Hopefully you will be mature enough to realise however that making an anti semetic remark does not make you an anti semite.  In the same way I have said things in my life that could be classed as racist (like everyone who is big enough to admit it) but I am not a racist.

I think George Galloway is a decent person,  I disagree with him on many issues (mainly the Middle East) but I am tolerant and mature enough to accept his opinion.  I would be pro Isreal (not that I really give a ****) any day against the Palestinians.  

People see the world differently - it is life.

Actually, apologies I just realised this is a 'Terrace' topic.  I was just thinking George Galloway and assumed the shed.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Actually, apologies I just realised this is a 'Terrace' topic.  I was just thinking George Galloway and assumed the shed.

It's difficult to separate just now, this topic especially.

You can't discuss Galloway and separate the man himself, his politics and his use of football for his usual self centred, self entitled approach to remain relevant.

Though in this regard, QoS are primarily in the wrong.

Easy to dislike. No effort required.

He sees the world in black and white, his opinion/the opinion of others and he's never wrong. 

Thoroughly enjoyed his stint in CBB. Made a right tit of himself, showed how sleekit and nasty he was and that's even without mentioning the night he was Rula Lenska's pussy. 

On 27/12/2020 at 23:48, Smoked-Glass said:

Galloway was the biggest opponent to the war in Iraq in 2003 and you ll struggle to find anyone more forcefully speaking against it.  Time and time again he spoke of the lives lost rather than any policy or economic reason. 

Strange mix of a man. Some stunning stuff that's hard to argue with (Iraq War, Senate appearance) but seems to have gone rapidly downhill!! Bit of an arsepiece now.

2 hours ago, Cynic said:

Strange mix of a man. Some stunning stuff that's hard to argue with (Iraq War, Senate appearance) but seems to have gone rapidly downhill!! Bit of an arsepiece now.

Yes ppl change. 

However, theres nothing wrong with supporting brexit which is was his latest venture 

On 27/12/2020 at 23:48, Smoked-Glass said:

No problem with his anti-war stance  his visit to Saddam however was cringeworthy.  I have no doubt if Galloway had ever come to "power" he would have treated ant opposition in a similar fashion.