Sonos/home sound system advice

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Any experts out there able to give some advice? Recently moved into a new house which has ceiling speakers in several of the rooms and the seller kindly left his 5 Sonos connect amps for me. Unfortunately it turns out only 2 of the amps are gen2 and, whilst I can connect the other 3 up separately using the S1 app, I can only have voice control through Alexa on once system at a time, which is really annoying. I only really need one unit replaced and was wondering what a good (cheaper) alternative product might be to a Sonos amp that would be compatible with Alexa.

Cheers

Disser Pointon
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have Sonos  throughout the house. We have a mix of generations so it means I can only use a certain app. However, I can control all my music in the rooms via Alexa albeit and obviously the app.

I tend not use Alexa as I find a pain in the arse and find using the app is quicker, particularly as it seems to default to Amazon music which not my preferred provider so it’s about 3 min verbal instruction to her 

I’m not understanding why you would want to put a foreign product into a Sonos system, you will loose compatibility grouping rooms etc and have 3 🤷🏻‍♂️

You would be better getting second gen Sonos amp. They do a upgrade programme from memory where you get decent use deals is upgrade and trade in. 

You sure your doing it right, is my initial reaction. 

I've given up trying to use the S1 app, every time I successfully set up one of the gen 1 units when I next open the app it tells me I need to use s2 and won't let me open it despite sonos saying you can have both running side by side.