Scottish Cup draw - Brora away

Smoked-Glass

VikingHeart
On 11/03/2021 at 14:58, August Landmesser said:

Just bumping this for info/reminders really;

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

I just bought my ticket, a very quick and easy sign-up process.

Not sure if this will available for us international Hearts TV subs but thanks for the info AL👍

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

agree was straight forward and easy buying the ticket

Good👍

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Really looking forward to this. A wee break from the league. 

Aye GR, looking forward to this meeting in the Highlands. Too bad Wick didn't make it but Brora will do👍

6 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Natural order even then. 

Looks like an ice hockey game in that pic. 

Yeah it looked more like a ice hockey rink in the picture😀 Natural order😎

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

StevenNaismith
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts now promoting the PPV.

Seen a few morons on Facebook already stating not to give them a penny etc, Brora, like Hearts were unfairly punished last year. They’ll get my £12 even tho I won’t be able to watch the game.

CloustonHMFC
21 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

Not sure if this will available for us international Hearts TV subs but thanks for the info AL👍

The PPV is available for us to purchase but we won't get the stream via Hearts International because Brora has taken up their PPV option.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

The PPV is available for us to purchase but we won't get the stream via Hearts International because Brora has taken up their PPV option.

Perhaps Audio only?

I'll post this in here and the Hearts TV thread too:

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀

Didn't realise that a date had been set for this.

I think Brora's lack of game time might just give us the edge.

I'm going 9-0.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Didn't realise that a date had been set for this.

I think Brora's lack of game time might just give us the edge.

I'm going 9-0.

At least get a draw and get them back to Tynecastle, give us the edge a bit at home.

Hungry hippo
42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

At least get a draw and get them back to Tynecastle, give us the edge a bit at home.

I know you're joking but just to mention that there are no replays.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

What, no money spinners? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Remember we have to win the tie rather than just assume it will happen..it should but no gtees have been handed out

IF through then of course a home tie awaits but gain no gtees of victory

Brora are in an unfortunate position regarding no organised training or matches for 2/3 months or so but it's hardly our fault so we look to take advantage and they would do the same were roles reversed....and it could be the same for Stranraer

Scottish Cup 2020/21 Fixture Dates

Second Round: Tuesday, 23 March
Third Round: Saturday, 3 April
Fourth Round: Saturday, 17 April
Fifth Round: Saturday, 24 April
Semi-Finals: Saturday, 8 & Sunday, 9 May
Final: Saturday, 22 May

Footballfirst

Peter Stuart has been appointed as referee for the game.  He was just promoted to Cat 1 this season.  He is from  the Edinburgh & District association though. I've seen him ref a number of games at lower levels and leagues, including Hearts reserves and development games.  He's not the best, but equally so not the worst.

Edited by Footballfirst

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Cup rules now relaxed for this round so all January signings can play.

Good news for us if this is correct, particularly given that we are likely to have players on international duty.

Where did you pick this up? It isn’t mentioned in the SFA statement on the cup games as it appears on their web site. 

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Peter Stuart has been appointed as referee for the game.  He was just promoted to Cat 1 this season.  He is from  the Edinburgh & District association though. I've seen him ref a number of games at lower levels and leagues, including Hearts reserves and development games.  He's not the best, but equally so not the worst.

It can happen same as players that refs come into their own at a higher level. 

This page just demonstrates that the Scottish Cup is not an easy trophy to win.  125 years ago we had to overcome Hibernian to win it.  Now, 125 years later, we have to overcome an equally difficult oponent in Brora Rangers just to make the next round.

Tough.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Ah well hopefully they tire in extra time😂

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Great news @Daktari . I know it’s only Brora and Stranraer but it’s only fair we should have our players available.

Who would've thought that they could do common sense......🙄

VikingHeart
7 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I better tune into Brora TV for this fixture then👍

6 hours ago, Laurie said:

I'll post this in here and the Hearts TV thread too:

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀

Thanks for the clarification Laurie👍

Niemi’s gloves
25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Great news @Daktari . I know it’s only Brora and Stranraer but it’s only fair we should have our players available.

In fact it appears that it is only the Brora game that this change applies to. If so, McEneff and Kastaneer won’t be eligible for the Stranraer game because they signed on the Monday after that game was due to be played. But we should have players back from international duty for that (assuming we beat Brora).

To me it looks as if Hearts and the SFA have done a deal - we will play the Brora game without a fuss about players being on international duty and in return we are allowed to play new signings. 

2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

In fact it appears that it is only the Brora game that this change applies to. If so, McEneff and Kastaneer won’t be eligible for the Stranraer game because they signed on the Monday after that game was due to be played. But we should have players back from international duty for that (assuming we beat Brora).

To me it looks as if Hearts and the SFA have done a deal - we will play the Brora game without a fuss about players being on international duty and in return we are allowed to play new signings. 

That would all make sense.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

That’s a bizarre arrangement, if true. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a bizarre arrangement, if true. 

A Scottish FA spokesperson told the Evening News: “For season 2020/21, the terms of competition rule 12.5 will not apply for outstanding round two matches only.”

Rule 12.5 states: “When a match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the official team line for a club at the date fixed for originally playing the match, are eligible to be listed on the official team line for that club for the rescheduled match.”

It is bizarre but imagine we said that they would have to postpone game due to

call ups so this is their way around this. Stranraer game is after the international break so no issues 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

A Scottish FA spokesperson told the Evening News: “For season 2020/21, the terms of competition rule 12.5 will not apply for outstanding round two matches only.”

Rule 12.5 states: “When a match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the official team line for a club at the date fixed for originally playing the match, are eligible to be listed on the official team line for that club for the rescheduled match.”

It is bizarre but imagine we said that they would have to postpone game due to

call ups so this is their way around this. Stranraer game is after the international break so no issues 

Thanks for posting that. 

Bazzas right boot

A third sc final in a row would be something, but I don't know if I can handle another loss, especially if mirrors the last two. 

Worth mentioning Brora played Hibs and Dundee in the league cup. The 2-0 home defeat by Dundee should be a marker for us (Dundee had 5 booked though!).

In the game at Easter Road, Brora were 2 down in 12 minutes after driving down during the day of the game but credit to them they scored and only lost a third goal in the 89th minute. They are no mugs and are used to winning at home, but with little time to get match fit we should win by a couple like Dundee did.

With Smith/Halliday suspended and Boyce/Gordon likely on International duty I'd guess Aidy White, Peter Haring, Euan Henderson and Ross Stewart likely to deputise. We'll play as strong a team as possible.

Blackshades
4 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Worth mentioning Brora played Hibs and Dundee in the league cup. The 2-0 home defeat by Dundee should be a marker for us (Dundee had 5 booked though!).

In the game at Easter Road, Brora were 2 down in 12 minutes after driving down during the day of the game but credit to them they scored and only lost a third goal in the 89th minute. They are no mugs and are used to winning at home, but with little time to get match fit we should win by a couple like Dundee did.

With Smith/Halliday suspended and Boyce/Gordon likely on International duty I'd guess Aidy White, Peter Haring, Euan Henderson and Ross Stewart likely to deputise. We'll play as strong a team as possible.

Should also be mentioned that they struggled to beat a junior team that finished with nine men in the last round

16 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Should also be mentioned that they struggled to beat a junior team that finished with nine men in the last round

Gary Locke might not like that being brought up 😃

Blackshades
7 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Gary Locke might not like that being brought up 😃

Why would Gary Locke be bothered about camelon  getting beaten by brora

14 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Why would Gary Locke be bothered about camelon  getting beaten by brora

I'd like to forget that league cup semi final against Inverness when Gary was manager - you have successfully done so!

2-1 up against 9 men in the 93rd minute with us having a corner. I guess odds for losing from that would be around 10,000-1........

Blackshades
8 minutes ago, JTJ said:

I'd like to forget that league cup semi final against Inverness when Gary was manager - you have successfully done so!

2-1 up against 9 men in the 93rd minute with us having a corner. I guess odds for losing from that would be around 10,000-1........

Who mentioned a semi final against Inverness years ago .Who certainly were not juniors and nothing to do with camelon  v brora  

1 hour ago, JTJ said:

Locke was the manager but he wasn't the one who fannyed around with the ball in the corner was it no Ryan Stevenson who lost it then they went up and scored  ?

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Locke was the manager but he wasn't the one who fannyed around with the ball in the corner was it no Ryan Stevenson who lost it then they went up and scored  ?

Ryam Stevenson tried to blast the ball off their player for another corner. He missed and the ball shot across the box and was booted clear - criminally they were left three against two when they broke. A sequence of events where if anything could go wrong  it did.