Scottish Cup draw - Brora away

Smoked-Glass

19 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There is a meeting with the spfl at 5 with league 1 and 2 clubs. The main issue is that for the season has to end by end of April so the play offs can take place especially that the championship will end then

That’s quite an issue, if true. 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I can see them binning the League 1 and 2 season. Would be surprised if they don't.

And all the leagues below I assume. Means we get a two round bye in the cup I imagine. 😎

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Funnily enough folk saying scrap it didn't have convincing starts. 

Better weather 2 games a week until end of May, scrap play offs 1 up 1 down 

Jambo in Yorkshire

France have reached the last 32 in their cup and games are scheduled for next weekend including non league teams.

They had 30,000 new Covid cases yesterday.

Its a farce our cup has been delayed and a bigger farce that Leagues 1&2 are suspended.

20 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

France have reached the last 32 in their cup and games are scheduled for next weekend including non league teams.

Its a farce our cup has been delayed and a bigger farce that Leagues 1&2 are suspended.

Yip.

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Seems that half their rugby team is infected.

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

There is a meeting with the spfl at 5 with league 1 and 2 clubs. The main issue is that for the season has to end by end of April so the play offs can take place especially that the championship will end then

No reason why they can't extend the season as they see fit. So long as it doesn't impinge on the new season start date I don't see what the problem is. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No reason why they can't extend the season as they see fit. So long as it doesn't impinge on the new season start date I don't see what the problem is. 

The Championship is due to end at the end of April, if L1 & L2 are extended to the end of May the relegation play off will see the Championship team severely disadvantaged as they'll be 4 weeks without a game. 

Most logical way would be to extend the lower divisions but scrap playoffs.  Still allows teams to be promoted and relegated and the leagues are completed.

55 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The Championship is due to end at the end of April, if L1 & L2 are extended to the end of May the relegation play off will see the Championship team severely disadvantaged as they'll be 4 weeks without a game. 

Most logical way would be to extend the lower divisions but scrap playoffs.  Still allows teams to be promoted and relegated and the leagues are completed.

this is exactly it especially with the rumours of Alloa being unhappy.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I can see that happening but surely that even more disadvantages the League One teams that finish from second to fourth and miss out entirely on the promotion opportunity. At least the 9th placed Championship team would still actually be playing football to decide it if the playoffs went ahead.

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm not discounting your point : it still doesn't mean the season cannot be extended.  It's not a perfect world (obv) . 

The killer isn't the possible unfairness  unfairness IMO : it's the 30 June contract end date because clubs face the potential of losing players on contract expiry date. What will be interesting is if Doncaster plays this same card again like he did last time when he went on about it to the point of ass kissing with UEFA.

On 04/02/2021 at 12:17, The Treasurer said:

If, as is likely, that this season's Scottish Cup is scrapped, it will prove beyond any doubt that sellik forced last seasons competition to be completed just in order for them to get their precious treble 

8games left last season tims got given league at our expense,   now this time around they have been pumped for 10 in a row, lennon sacked & were on our way back up ? It's not been fair on hearts but a wee bit karma here ?      I'm fairly happy with the out come,,,,,,, and maybe a cup still to play for ? Who knows eh .....

portobellojambo1
On 04/02/2021 at 10:14, SectionDJambo said:

The Scottish Cup is Celtic's last chance for a trophy this season. Can't see Lawwell being happy about going out without some kind of trophy.

Maybe they'll claim it as they've won the last 4, one of those during this season? 

I'd tend to agree with you, but I think in terms of what they were really looking for this season, a 10th league title win, they will be less likely to care if the Scottish Cup is played to a finale now. Personally, I've got no idea what decision will be reached, but a precedent was made in terms of the recent Scottish Cup Final, and they may look to spread it over the remainder of this season and the very early part of next season, to finish it off.

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd tend to agree with you, but I think in terms of what they were really looking for this season, a 10th league title win, they will be less likely to care if the Scottish Cup is played to a finale now. Personally, I've got no idea what decision will be reached, but a precedent was made in terms of the recent Scottish Cup Final, and they may look to spread it over the remainder of this season and the very early part of next season, to finish it off.

If it can be played down to the semi final/Final. It would be a good idea to play it as the opening of the the new season, with a full house at Hampden, or later when a full stadium can be had. 

Anyway, 3rd time lucky. 

SectionDJambo
8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Are they not planning to play it out next season, but with the final before Christmas, as they did with the 2020 tournament?

They may have to trim back the League Cup to achieve this or have a temporary reconstruction of the league divisions to reduce the number of games. The reconstruction could be a back door move to save the clubs of their chums in the spfl cabal, and then say the situation is different from last year, when they all said the time wasn’t right.

Nothing would be surprise me, given the deceit last time.

6 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Brora away on a Tuesday night with Boyce, Smith and Gordon on international duty. 😬

Gnando up front, 2 wingers, and play a 4-3-3.  Stick Stone in goal for a bit of experience. 

It's Brora, not Barcelona.  If we set up negatively for this one, I'm done with any support of Neilson I have left. 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Gnando up front, 2 wingers, and play a 4-3-3.  Stick Stone in goal for a bit of experience. 

It's Brora, not Barcelona.  If we set up negatively for this one, I'm done with any support of Neilson I have left. 

It's a sign of where we are right now that I don't trust this squad to go up there and get through this tie.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Where do wingers fit into a 433?

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

It's a sign of where we are right now that I don't trust this squad to go up there and get through this tie.

Anywhere away from home gives me the jitters. 😞

Just now, Smithee said:

I'm with you, I'd call that a 4 5 1 myself

I guess they're pretty much the same. I've always thought of a 4-5-1 as a slightly more defensive 4-3-3, with more focus across the middle of the pitch.

We could get fancy and play a 4-2-1-3, with 2 holding midfielders, and Walker or Naismith as the 1 in a CAM style position behind the striker. 

Whatever we do, it needs to be something bloody positive for a change.

Niemi’s gloves
50 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Brora away on a Tuesday night with Boyce, Smith and Gordon on international duty. 😬

There may be a further issue. Under normal Scottish Cup rules, I don’t think you can field players who weren’t signed on the original date of the tie, which was 11th January. On that basis McEneff, Gnanduillet and Kastaneer would all be ineligible (although GMS could play). Meanwhile we have sent out on loan or transferred Wighton, Roberts, Moore and Lee all of whom could have played on the original date. It would be nice to think that the SFA will relax this rule ....but I haven’t seen anything to that effect.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

There may be a further issue. Under normal Scottish Cup rules, I don’t think you can field players who weren’t signed on the original date of the tie, which was 11th January. On that basis McEneff, Gnanduillet and Kastaneer would all be ineligible (although GMS could play). Meanwhile we have sent out on loan or transferred Wighton, Roberts, Moore and Lee all of whom could have played on the original date. It would be nice to think that the SFA will relax this rule ....but I haven’t seen anything to that effect.

They relaxed it for the semis and finals for ‘last’ season’s competition. 

IF we somehow managed to get to the final we could be 3 weeks without a game (assuming we win the Championship).  🤔

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

IF we somehow managed to get to the final we could be 3 weeks without a game (assuming we win the Championship).  🤔

We won't though.  Someone on here about 15 pages ago told us that Brora would be a step too far for us.

😂😂😂❤❤❤

On 25/02/2021 at 11:52, Bob Loblaw said:

I also think Hearts know leagues will resume, hence the reluctance to recall Cammy Logan as cover for Smith.

Has he played for them?  Id be getting both young full backs and conor smith back and playing them  

10 games left perfect - give them a run in the team lets face it we've been pedestrian at best last few games 

Andrew Stevenson

Brora's website is advertising a PPV live stream for the cup tie. £12.

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

As the PPV money will be split 50/50 after costs the more the merrier imo. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Quite an interesting tie for a change. Good to play a side we haven’t played. 12 quid is an ok price as well. 

On 03/03/2021 at 18:22, neilnunb said:

Two weeks. Semis on the 8th and final on the 22nd 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yip I’ll be getting it 👍

3 hours ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Fine but what is the quality likely to be like. Some guy with his ipad? Saying that I still probably pay it. DOH!!! 

Niemi’s gloves
On 03/03/2021 at 16:35, davemclaren said:

They relaxed it for the semis and finals for ‘last’ season’s competition. 

Not for our benefit though!!

I think as things stand, McEneff, Gnaduillet and Kastaneer are all ineligible for the Brora game on the basis of rule 15(b) and Kastaneer also for the Stranraer game (assuming we beat Brora). I’m happy to be corrected if anyone has contrary information.

The SFA Board does have the power under the final cup rule (rule 34) to make changes to the rules. Perhaps the club is lobbying to that effect, particularly if we are being asked to play Brora on a date when some players may be on international duty. 

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think as things stand, McEneff, Gnaduillet and Kastaneer are all ineligible for the Brora game on the basis of rule 15(b) and Kastaneer also for the Stranraer game (assuming we beat Brora). I’m happy to be corrected if anyone has contrary information.

The SFA Board does have the power under the final cup rule (rule 34) to make changes to the rules. Perhaps the club is lobbying to that effect, particularly if we are being asked to play Brora on a date when some players may be on international duty. 

Yes, I’ve seen nothing about a rule relaxation either. 

10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Are we not within our rights to ask for a postponement due to players being on International duty or is that just league games?

August Landmesser
On 08/03/2021 at 18:58, Andrew Stevenson said:

Just bumping this for info/reminders really;

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

I just bought my ticket, a very quick and easy sign-up process.

On 08/03/2021 at 19:00, davemclaren said:

Good to know...👍.....!

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Natural order even then. 

Looks like an ice hockey game in that pic. 

We could take them on at Snakes and Ladders and still win 😂