• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

😜 ha ha I quickly edited it. “June where’s my glasses” !

👍😄

17 minutes ago, Dirty Weeker said:

Could fly to Wick and bus down to Brora approx 40 miles / 50mins 

Looks equidistant between Inverness and Wick. 

People on here are starting to sound like the Albion Rovers chairman on reconstruction - "It's too far to Brora".

Plymouth & Exeter make journeys  like this all the time.  Maybe they are a bit hardier than some of our "support"?

Weakened Offender
6 minutes ago, JTJ said:

People on here are starting to sound like the Albion Rovers chairman on reconstruction - "It's too far to Brora".

Plymouth & Exeter make journeys  like this all the time.  Maybe they are a bit hardier than some of our "support"?

Yup. 

Total walloper behaviour. 

been here before
11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Brora is a nightmare for the team to get there. 

A 4.5 hour drive = "a nightmare"

:rofl:

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, JTJ said:

Supporters bus to Sarajevo for the Zelzinescar game seven day trip four days travelling on a bus numb arse that's what i call being hard.

1 hour ago, JTJ said:

So true.  Just look at the Russian 2nd Division and see where the teams are located.

12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Brora is a nightmare for the team to get there. 

Behave, it's just over an hour away from Inverness :rofl:

Either an overnight stay in Inverness, or just whack the journey out in one.  The coach could leave at 7am, drive for 2 hours, stop for a break and some food at 9, start driving again at 10, and they'd be there just after midday.   Plenty of time to have lunch then get warmed up and ready for a 3pm kick off.

Edited by tian447

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, JTJ said:

I was just thinking this, although I couldn't remember which no-mark chairman had bleated about it.

It's not the easiest journey to make at this time of year, especially as it could be difficult to find somewhere open for a pre-match meal etc. but it's not exactly the other side of the world.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Either an overnight stay in Inverness, or just whack the journey out in one.  The coach could leave at 7am, drive for 2 hours, stop for a break and some food at 9, start driving again at 10, and they'd be there just after midday.   Plenty of time to have lunch then get warmed up and ready for a 3pm kick off.

No where is open just now, so they'll need to bring a packed lunch

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Lucky they’re not travelling to the EU. 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

There aren't really a lot of options in Brora anyway :lol: 

I'm sure they would manage just fine with a piece and jam, a Babybel, an apple, and a Fruit Shoot for one day.

family friend played for Brora last night, his only complaint was they could not get a shower after the game because of covid guidance and just headed back up the road .

only hearts.jpg

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I like the sound of an overnight stay at Inverness then one hour travel.   8-9 hours on the other hand sounds exhausting, that's before playing for 90minutes.   😫

Craig Gordon said on Sportscene last night we'll need two hotels, as well as two buses! Personally I prefer Golspie to Brora but it's been a while since I've been to either.

There must be a Hearts supporter living up there that can do a few flasks of tea and a pile of sandwiches for the team.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Tough trip, Wanted camelon as its not far and probably weaker team, Does anyone know if the brora pitch is decent? Womder when this tie will get played now with the lower leagues getting suspended? 

Having said that, It would be a major embarrassment if we didn't win comfortably. Added bonus of stranraer at home in the next round.

been here before
27 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Tough trip, Wanted camelon as its not far and probably weaker team, Does anyone know if the brora pitch is decent? Womder when this tie will get played now with the lower leagues getting suspended? 

Having said that, It would be a major embarrassment if we didn't win comfortably. Added bonus of stranraer at home in the next round.

I think you'll find it is in fact a nightmare trip.

10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Went there for the day, did a whisky place near by, the pitch overlooks the sea 😮.

No reason to move it, perhaps, but no reason to keep it in Brora either if there's no crowd. I would guess most of the Brora players live round about Inverness anyway so it would benefit both clubs for travel to play it at ICT or Clach.

Horatio Caine
21 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Plane to inverness then 57 miles on a bus.

Aye, flying is a good option.  Just ask Celtic.

Black Isle Jambo
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There must be a Hearts supporter living up there that can do a few flasks of tea and a pile of sandwiches for the team.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Their President is a well known Jambo...although I would never eat a sandwich that he’s made!!

3 minutes ago, Black Isle Jambo said:

Their President is a well known Jambo...although I would never eat a sandwich that he’s made!!

🤣

22 hours ago, been here before said:

A 4.5 hour drive = "a nightmare"

In the Highlands in winter and on a dodgy road YES it’s possible a bus might not even get there.

21 hours ago, tian447 said:

Sounds fantastic, A nice relaxing coach trip in the Highlands in the winter.

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Have you ever actually been to Brora?  It's hardly the back of beyond.

It's on the main A9 road, not some mental Colin McRae-esque dirt and gravel single-track, and it's just over an hour away from Inverness.  The scenery over the Cromarty and Dornoch Firth Bridges are worth the trip alone.

It's better than sitting in traffic on the M8 on our way to getting pumped in Glasgow, anyway. 

It's a baw ache of a journey, but thankfully on the east coast with more than one transport option. A nightmare (but stunning) journey would be Applecross at this time of year. 

This is the closed hearts game to my house in years! Just a ferry trip to Kirkwall, bud to stromness, ferry to scrabster and a bus to the pitch! 

13 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

This is the closed hearts game to my house in years! Just a ferry trip to Kirkwall, bud to stromness, ferry to scrabster and a bus to the pitch! 

Dawdle. 🤔

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Who says the tie is taking place this winter anyway? :whistling:

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

It's a baw ache of a journey, but thankfully on the east coast with more than one transport option. A nightmare (but stunning) journey would be Applecross at this time of year. 

No point , the Inn will be shut

been here before
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

In the Highlands in winter and on a dodgy road YES it’s possible a bus might not even get there.

The Highland... the winter... "a dodgy road"...

THEY NEVER MAKE IT ALIIIIIIVE.

Nightmare.

#pray4theteam

been here before
12 minutes ago, inspector said:

40-45 minutes from the house. It would be silly not to go. 😈

You live close to Brora? In the highlands? Please tell us you are safe... how do you move around in the winter on dodgy roads... can buses still travel... is there food? In the name of god let mitch know.

Just over the water from Brora. Tend to pack a tent and use the huskies. Food; no problem plenty of seal meat on the frozen beaches. What's a bus?

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

You live close to Brora? In the highlands? Please tell us you are safe... how do you move around in the winter on dodgy roads... can buses still travel... is there food? In the name of god let mitch know.

😄, brilliant.

pettigrewsstylist
41 minutes ago, inspector said:

40-45 minutes from the house. It would be silly not to go. 😈

How you getting in?