Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And in this round who would that be?

The lowest ranked is junior side Banks O' Dee, although their own standard is equivalent to the HL at tier 5.

The lowest ranked pyramid side in the draw is Dundonald Bluebell (playing Queens Park tomorrow), but the lowest of the sides already through is Linlithgow Rose

Edited by Footballfirst

been here before
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The lowest ranked is junior side Banks O' Dee, although their own standard is equivalent to the HL at tier 5.

The lowest ranked pyramid side in the draw is Dundonald Bluebell (playing Queens Park tomorrow), but the lowest of the sides already through is Linlithgow Rose

I saw their game ve Edinburgh City last year at Ainslie Park. Ended up getting beat 3-1 I think but gave a decent account of themselves.

alwaysthereinspirit
32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'll go out on a limb here but we will be shown as one of the live matches..........................no matter who we play

If an away tie then hopefully against a team we hate and who needs money.

”what do you mean it’s live on TV? We need the Hearts fans to have to pay for our feed”

Hearts Scottish Cup potential opponents in full as Jambos look to avenge Celtic Hampden defeat - Edinburgh Live

The draw takes place on Monday, December 28 at 7:15pm.

Edinburgh Live will provide live coverage of the draw, but will also be streamed live on the Scottish Cup Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts.

Edited by CJGJ

51 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'll go out on a limb here but we will be shown as one of the live matches..........................no matter who we play

Is it BBC that get the cup? 

Footballfirst
34 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Is it BBC that get the cup? 

I think the TV rights are shared between Premier Sports and BBC

Edited by Footballfirst

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No team in the draw, home or away, concerns me in the slightest. 

To be blunt, they are all pretty much utter shite with maybe a couple just being mince. 

There's a couple of Championship teams I'd rather not play away from home if our away days this season are much to go by.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

I saw their game ve Edinburgh City last year at Ainslie Park. Ended up getting beat 3-1 I think but gave a decent account of themselves.

I was there that night too. Pleasantly surprised by how difficult they made it for City.

Let's get through and see who we get next round.  Cup not really a priority for us this season.   

Ideal would be making money in a TV game v rangers. 

6 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Let's get through and see who we get next round.  Cup not really a priority for us this season.   

ideal, we want a run in the cup😕

6 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The club will be fine financially. We want to win this. 

Clearly promotion is the primary aim but Scottish Cup should always be a a high priority.

17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

No team in the draw, home or away, concerns me in the slightest. 

To be blunt, they are all pretty much utter shite with maybe a couple just being mince. 

Not even Alloa away 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

This seasons Scottish cup is a different ball game, some of our fans would rather have the so called easier games.Seems like a sure bet to get to a semi final or final right?

Those same fans lack ambition, Shitebags

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Selfishly but an away tie v Dundonald should they progress, for me.

Would probably end up playing the game at Kelty as Dundonald is doing tonight.

19 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

This seasons Scottish cup is a different ball game, some of our fans would rather have the so called easier games.Seems like a sure bet to get to a semi final or final right?

Those same fans lack ambition, Shitebags

aye very good, so make it as hard as possible to get to a final, 😦.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Harry Potter said:

aye very good, so make it as hard as possible to get to a final, 😦.

Heard that last season against them,this time around we are in a different league have a new coaching set up  If you are looking to assert yourself bringing in your plans, then play then you want to face best teams in your country. We are in unknown times, we must take every high risk opportunity right now to see where we are at.

We are an SPL club playing the Championship, even if we were playing in the big league people would still be shitting their pants.

Right now we need these big game exposures, for our players and to show we are still around . Watch out.

HHGH

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Would probably end up playing the game at Kelty as Dundonald is doing tonight.

Aye I'd imagine so, there's no TV facilities at Moorside Park...well not unless they rigged it up in someone's bedroom 😂

Captain Scarlett
1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Heard that last season against them,this time around we are in a different league have a new coaching set up  If you are looking to assert yourself bringing in your plans, then play then you want to face best teams in your country. We are in unknown times, we must take every high risk opportunity right now to see where we are at.

We are an SPL club playing the Championship, even if we were playing in the big league people would still be shitting their pants.

Right now we need these big game exposures, for our players and to show we are still around . Watch out.

HHGH

We’re not.We are a championship side playing in the championship.That’s why we’re in this round of the cup.I for one would prefer an easier tie i.e a non league side or bottom tier side to progresss although beware an away tie against one or two of the championship sides.

Gorgie Boot boy
27 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

We’re not.We are a championship side playing in the championship.That’s why we’re in this round of the cup.I for one would prefer an easier tie i.e a non league side or bottom tier side to progresss although beware an away tie against one or two of the championship sides.

Cronic.

Is this the first time in the modern era that a finalist from the ‘previous season’ has entered the competition before the top sides? 

I certainly don’t recall Hearts being in a draw with so much, with all due respect, shite. Some teams in that list would kill for a shot at Hearts as it’ll be the biggest competitive game in their history. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Pedantic surly type post imho

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup draw - Brora away