• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colinmaroon

• jambos are go!

• Thomaso

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically they are soooo Glasgow centric. Add in one of their teams self inflicted liquidation after cheating everyone for 10 years,  i must add, which we laughed long and hard at it, rightly, the bitterness is off the scale. This bitterness is reflected in a meanness. Shame

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, jim747 said:

Fire in the building apparently, they linked to 5 Live for an hour till everyone was allowed back in the building.

Thanks. I bloody hate the BBC but I must admit to listening to Radio Scotland nearly every day 

5 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

is nobody monitoring other media outlets like ITV or Sky News for bias against Hearts? 

Are they Glasgow based?

1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

is nobody monitoring other media outlets like ITV or Sky News for bias against Hearts? 

Sky are just an arm of OFTV.

Will be creaming themselves over Steven Gerrard when Sevco are crowned champions for the first time.

1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

My attention is drawn solely to the BBC coverage simply due to the fact I have no choice whatsoever regarding paying for their services. Therefore, I consider the fact that if I 'have' to pay for it then I deserve value for money.

On the BBC site they state the following:

Our mission is "to act in the public interest, serving all audiences through the provision of impartial, high-quality and distinctive output and services which inform, educate and entertain".

I call bullshit with regards to this statement for the following reasons;

1 - "to act in the public interest" - Hearts have the 3rd highest support in Scotland but the BBC view them as a lowly Championship team deserving minimal coverage.

2 - "serving all audiences through the provision of impartial" - Don't get me started re this section!!!

3 - "high-quality and distinctive output and services which inform, educate and entertain" - A difficult one to sum up succinctly but here goes - The only BBC football coverage that is not "Petty and ill-informed" is  Off The Ball which, as you know, has that as it's strap line.

I'm sure some will disagree with my observations but they are my opinion, nothing more than that. 

jambos are go!
4 hours ago, Independence said:

The BBC are pathetic. I complained to them about the huge based one-sided commentary in favour if Celtic commentary when we played them in the Scottish Cup Final. I believe many other Hearts fans also complained. I received the following pathetic reply:

'...Thanks for contacting us regarding Sportscene: Scottish Cup Final on 20 December. Your comments have been discussed with BBC Sport Scotland editors.

We understand that the range of tastes and opinions held by our audience is so diverse that it's inevitable some viewers will dislike or disapprove of certain presenters, commentators or other contributors to our coverage from time to time. 

We’re satisfied that the coverage, from our experienced team, of this dramatic final – probably one of the most see-saw finals ever with one or other of the teams on top or under pressure, depending on when you tuned in and where your allegiances lie – was delivered with due impartiality and fairness throughout and appropriately reflected the dramatic swings and changing nature of the game as well as the context of the occasion, Championship leaders Hearts bidding to win their 9th Scottish Cup and holders Celtic seeking to secure a historic quadruple treble.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. 

Kind regards, 

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

A truly cringe-worthy reply form a truly cringe-worthy broadcasting company.

So you are a poster with the User Name 'Independence' and are slagging the BBC. Wonder why?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

So you are a poster with the User Name 'Independence' and are slagging the BBC. Wonder why?

Probably the same reason very few "unionists" criticise the BBC.

King Of The Cat Cafe

As someone who encountered BBC journalists many times during a working career, I feel justified in saying that the organisation is institutionally elitist.

Many of the reporters - there are a few exceptions - take the view "we are from the BBC; we are the most important news organisation; you must give us what we want."

The BBC has - or had when I was dealing with them - a principle of needing two sources for a story.  Quite often I felt no qualms about denying them second source until it was on my terms, and not theirs.

jambos are go!
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Probably the same reason very few "unionists" criticise the BBC.

So  Tories don't criticise the BBC. You could have fooled me.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Pretty much everyone has a go at the BBC these days. Their standards have definitely slipped in recent years.

12 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

He didn't say Tories he said 'Unionists'. 

East to get confused I suppose. 

55 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Because their coverage, particularly of Hearts, is merely!

McGlynn The Money
12 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

As someone who encountered BBC journalists many times during a working career, I feel justified in saying that the organisation is institutionally elitist.

Many of the reporters - there are a few exceptions - take the view "we are from the BBC; we are the most important news organisation; you must give us what we want."

The BBC has - or had when I was dealing with them - a principle of needing two sources for a story.  Quite often I felt no qualms about denying them second source until it was on my terms, and not theirs.

Thanks.

I was once at an event with a BBC journalist present and she didn't want to talk to me about the subject matter (it was political and right wing) so she went for someone who wasn't representative of the average person in the room and chose, with all due respect to the lady, someone who was a bit embarrassing to talk to. All to fit a certain narrative. It is not honest journalism. It hasn't been for a long time.

It's all just elitist metropolitan nonsense. I don't see why it shouldn't be privatised now.

I'm looking forward to GB News! Andrew Neil is on fire now he has left the BBC.

Paid one of my now infrequent visits to Beeb's Hearts page and, for the third biggest team in Scotland, that bunch of losers couldn't even be bothered putting up an item on our new players last week.

All they have is a list of ins and outs for all the Championship clubs.

Well seen they aren't relying on the customers' money to keep going - well, they are I suppose but it's mandatory.

Under the floodlight
11 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Anyone been checking on how other media outlets have been handling Hearts  stories?

Why? Its a thread about the bbc.

Ford Prentice
On 01/02/2021 at 13:39, JJ93 said:

If only that were literally true...

He's just an egotistical old fascist.

1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

If only that were literally true...

He's just an egotistical old fascist.

Please enlighten me on:

1. The definition of fascism; and 

2. How Andrew Neil is a fascist. 

I shall wait patiently. 

I was once at an event with a BBC journalist present and she didn't want to talk to me about the subject matter (it was political and right wing) so she went for someone who wasn't representative of the average person in the room and chose, with all due respect to the lady, someone who was a bit embarrassing to talk to. All to fit a certain narrative. It is not honest journalism. It hasn't been for a long time.

It's all just elitist metropolitan nonsense. I don't see why it shouldn't be privatised now.

The BBC is becoming an embarrassment, more intent on political correctness than proper journalism. They have caved in to their detractors but lost their way in the process.

Edited by Pilmuir

Reminds me of the BBC documentary story from a few years ago (think it was maybe News Night) where they were trying to paint Scotland as a generally Anti English country, where anyone with an English accent was rounded on by a mouth breathing, bagpipe blowing mob of ginger kilt wearing Highlanders. They drove a car around Edinburgh and Glasgow with St George's flags flying from it. They then left it over night in Glasgow and filmed wee neds tanning the windows in and went to town on how it proved their original point. Came out in the press a couple of days later that the BBC production team didn't get the response they wanted driving around Edinburgh, so tried Glasgow, still couldn't provoke anyone so in the end parked it overnight near Celtic Park, and paid some wee jakies to go tan the motor whilst they filmed from a supposed hidden location. 

Edited by Fraggle

Under the floodlight
9 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Reminds me of the BBC documentary story from a few years ago (think it was maybe News Night) where they were trying to paint Scotland as a generally Anti English country, where anyone with an English accent was rounded on by a mouth breathing, bagpipe blowing mob of ginger kilt wearing Highlanders. They drove a car around Edinburgh and Glasgow with St George's flags flying from it. They then left it over night in Glasgow and filmed wee neds tanning the windows in and went to town on how it proved their original point. Came out in the press a couple of days later that the BBC production team didn't get the response they wanted driving around Edinburgh, so tried Glasgow, still couldn't provoke anyone so in the end parked it overnight near Celtic Park, and paid some wee jakies to go tan the motor whilst they filmed from a supposed hidden location. 

Another case of the tail wagging the dog, happens quite a lot.

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

As posted on another thread 

Clipboard01.jpg

Hahaha. Very unprofessional, BBC. Had a few complaints. Response? Pathetic 👍

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hahaha. Very unprofessional, BBC. Had a few complaints. Response? Pathetic 👍

They have a wee dig at Hearts at every opportunity. While doing so they prove how s***e they are at their easy jobs. 

Ford Prentice
3 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Please enlighten me on:

1. The definition of fascism; and 

2. How Andrew Neil is a fascist. 

I shall wait patiently. 

I shouldn't have taken the bait. Shed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Scott McKenna thing at half time has to be the worst link ever.

Cut off the poor Ayr guy due to that piece. 

Truly an awful broadcaster in comparison to their hay day. 

Pay peanuts