Merry Christmas Sharpie

RobboM

As Charlie Nicholas would say “I was sitting here thinking ….”
I’m not the most prolific of Kickback posters but enjoy browsing some of the football chat and, maybe, more of the non-football chat. One of (everyones!) favourite posters on here is Bob Sharp, long time Canadian and a regular source of stories to inform, entertain and educate. This year we shared the sad loss of Esther, his long time wife, partner, friend, companion all of those rolled into one. The postings in reply to that sad news showed Kickback may have its trolls and wind up merchants but it also shares a huge amount of affection and kindness. So on a cold and frosty Christmas Eve I just wanted to wish fellow kickbackers a Merry Christmas and a special cheer for our Canadian friend.

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

I’m not the most prolific of Kickback posters but enjoy browsing some of the football chat and, maybe, more of the non-football chat. One of (everyones!) favourite posters on here is Bob Sharp, long time Canadian and a regular source of stories to inform, entertain and educate. This year we shared the sad loss of Esther, his long time wife, partner, friend, companion all of those rolled into one. The postings in reply to that sad news showed Kickback may have its trolls and wind up merchants but it also shares a huge amount of affection and kindness. So on a cold and frosty Christmas Eve I just wanted to wish fellow kickbackers a Merry Christmas and a special cheer for our Canadian friend.

...and then come out with some total guff that he very obviously hasn't thought through at all!

In contrast, however, there's your post. All the best, Bob.   

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Yep All the best Bob.No doubt a very sad time for you but I'm sure you will have plenty great memories to get you through.You don't need to feel guilty if they  bring you a smile.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

"Blatant pitch for post of the year in the 2020 awards" type post, imo.

I'm raising a glass to Bob especially but also to all of us who have an empty seat at the Christmas table from now on.

SectionDJambo

Yes indeed.

Merry Christmas Bob.

Your stories remind me of some of the tales of life that my dad and uncle used to keep us entertained with. 

You’ve given a smile to many of us with your stories, tinged with the sadness of your loss this year.

I hope you enjoy your day. 

My deepest thanks for the thoughtful words, they are the true spirit of this time, there are many like me  who due to Covid and similar circumstances will not be at their happiest as in the past, but the support I have had from many on Kickback during this time of personal difficulty has been very helpful, and a Happy Christmas to you all, and your families Bob.

Merry Christmas (albeit a very sad one for you) Bob.

The sad loss of ‘yer wee girl’ certainly struck a chord with me, and going by the many posts you received, did so with others too.

May I further add my heartfelt Christmas wishes to all on here, especially the ones who may have an unoccupied chair at their Christmas table.

Here’s to a much better 2021!

Shouldn't be hard to beat 2020, mind.  

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

My deepest thanks for the thoughtful words, they are the true spirit of this time, there are many like me  who due to Covid and similar circumstances will not be at their happiest as in the past, but the support I have had from many on Kickback during this time of personal difficulty has been very helpful, and a Happy Christmas to you all, and your families Bob.

Bob ... I don't post very often ... not really got anything worth saying 🙂 ... but I'd like to take the opportunity to wish you all the best over xmas season ... really enjoy reading your posts

Carl Fredrickson

All the best @Sharpie

Your stories and memories are always a blessing (especially on the Edinburgh History thread). 

As @I P Knightley says, I will also raise a glass for those with an empty chair at their table this year.

Take care folks and enjoy your Christmas

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Merry Christmas (albeit a very sad one for you) Bob.

The sad loss of ‘yer wee girl’ certainly struck a chord with me, and going by the many posts you received, did so with others too.

May I further add my heartfelt Christmas wishes to all on here, especially the ones who may have an unoccupied chair at their Christmas table.

Here’s to a much better 2021!

Shouldn't be hard to beat 2020, mind.  

Got to be surely/hopefully?

Now Bob has seen bird flu out the way and the same with foot and mouth, this pandemic is just another glitch in the cogs of life which most of us will get over in time.

Merry Xmas Mr Sharp.........(I'm old enough to respect the uniform).

Shanks said no

Best wishes Bob. 

Have a better 2021 and whatever you do, please keep posting.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Worthing Jambo

Far from Gorgie but we all wish you peace at this time.

Keep posting Bob as we all look out for your stories.

I hope this place makes you smile :)

Have a good xmas Bob, love reading your posts.  Love hearing about when you were a policeman in the Southside.  Great hearing what it was like then.   

Very best wishes to you, Bob. 

Hopefully a time you can  reflect on those happy family events that we all can relate to over Christmases past. 

luckyBatistuta
12 hours ago, RobboM said:

A beautiful  post from yourself RobboM, I’m sure Bob will appreciate those heartfelt words. Hope you have lovely  Christmas Bob and a great 2021. Take care of yourself.

As for the rest of you reprobates on here...I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, with the Fatman being exceptionally good to you and your families, and a happy prosperous New Year also  :cheers:

❤️❤️❤️

Seaside jambo

All the best Bob ,your posts and knowledge on this forum are first class . And a happy Christmas to all the members here , Let’s hope 2021 is a better year for all 

Dagger Is Back
On 24/12/2020 at 11:58, RobboM said:

Well said Robbo. Lots of lovely messages here for a favourite son

Merry Xmas Mr Sharp

21 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_20190513_235817.jpg

A Merry Christmas to you all.

Meat and drink to an ex bunting.

To all on kickback a very Merry Christmas to you all and yours.

A toast to missing loved ones. Gone but never forgotten.

My father was a copper way back when, so I always enjoy Bobs reminiscing

And his outbursts, and hes such a gentleman always.

Its been a hard year for you Bob, but you have been a beacon for us others at times too, be proud of that.