Sleep and Dreams

Greedy Jambo

I love trying to analyse dreams . They are fascinating . I have read some literature into this area . Most dreams are not literal meanings . I’e a dream about someone dying does not mean that someone you know still die . It tends to mean that there will be a change in your life , something changing ( dying but not literally ) I often dream I am in a new house . I look around it and find different rooms and am generally astonished at the size of the rooms and their warmth and comfort . This is a positive dream as the moving into new houses symbolises positive changes in your life and ones own positivity to it too ( my feelings of astonishment and wonder ) . It’s hopeful . 

It would be great if dreams meant something but I tend to think they're just thoughts and memories that you've picked up in life, mixed about in your head like a washing machine and spat out into virtual reality while you're sleeping. 

7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I love trying to analyse dreams . They are fascinating . I have read some literature into this area . Most dreams are not literal meanings . I’e a dream about someone dying does not mean that someone you know still die . It tends to mean that there will be a change in your life , something changing ( dying but not literally ) I often dream I am in a new house . I look around it and find different rooms and am generally astonished at the size of the rooms and their warmth and comfort . This is a positive dream as the moving into new houses symbolises positive changes in your life and ones own positivity to it too ( my feelings of astonishment and wonder ) . It’s hopeful . 

In my nightmare where I was being chased; I can't say why I'd dream that. I am not 'running' so to speak from anything and have no debt so there are no creditor's 'chasing' me. So it was one of many fecked up dreams I've had throughout the years.

Edited by Marvin

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

In my nightmare where I was being chased; I can't say why I'd dream that. I am not 'running' so to speak from anything and have no debt so there are no creditor's 'chasing' me. So it was one of many fecked up dreams I've had throughout the years.

It’s an anxiety dream really . Could be about a current worry you at that of the time . A decision to make ? 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s an anxiety dream really . Could be about a current worry you at that of the time . A decision to make ? 

Maybe, I do have an anxiety issue among other things, but I get support through work and my GP for that. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Maybe, I do have an anxiety issue among other things, but I get support through work and my GP for that. 

That’s good your getting supports . Yes dreams can be upsetting and anxiety provoking at times but if you try to understand them the scary ones can become less scary 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

That’s good your getting supports . Yes dreams can be upsetting and anxiety provoking at times but if you try to understand them the scary ones can become less scary 

I quite like the scarier ones, they tend to seem more real right up until you wake up.

I usually find broken sleep and dreams coincide with stress at work.  I usually get by on 6-7 hours sleep but at the weekend can sleep longer . Love a nap on the sofa mid afternoon at the weekends

I need 9 hours at a minimum, i'm a 10 hour guy. 

My body clock is all over the shop just now, only had 5 hours last night and i'm feeling it, actually tried to have a nap and only got about half an hour. 

Even when i was a 17 year old, i had a job that started at 7am, i felt physically sick getting up for that shit.