Davie Irons, Falkirk Herald, The Scotsman reporting Hearts never respected Celtic.......

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

Sorry if this is old news or being discussed elsewhere but I never saw it on the forum.

So Davie Irons has a pop at Hearts saying their players never applauded Celtic when they were given the trophy. Presuming he was not at Hampden and watched it on TV and saw the same footage of trophy being awarded with Hearts players out of shot we saw. So not sure how he came to this conclusion.

The Falkirk Herald then reports what Irons says as fact, then The Scotsman pile on (an article by Hearts supporter Craig Fowler no less).

Shame the people who were at Hampden actually witnessed Hearts being respectful and applauding Celtic.

Nice to see them try to put the boot in when Hearts are on a low after the final as well. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ex-gretna-coach-criticises-hearts-lacking-respect-not-applauding-celtic-3075036

If you are going to lie about the Hearts players who just put in 120 minutes of graft for the club, when you are told it is absolute bullshit have the decency to either apologise or have the decency to take down the article.

Apparently this is ok to publish though as the article isn't about Hearts it's about what Davie Irons says............ possibly a little 'oh and by the way he's talking shite' could be added to the article 

Nice one Jamie Borthwick and Ewan Murray for calling this out as factually incorrect.

image.png.60c8ca248a5fa92e7e9fe9893becae85.png 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Nookie Bear

• davemclaren

• queensferryjambo

Pure deflection from Celtic being shite and Lennon making an arse of it.

Same goes for Commons and anyone else who thinks the best thing to write about is having a pop at us.

How dare we challenge Celtic, they were shitting themselves for an hour and they didn't like it.

Edited by jambopilms

What a strange thing to invent. Great journalism from Fowler as well - aye, I’ll just repeat some bullshit from another paper and put my name on it. 

queensferryjambo
Just now, OTT said:

Celtic, forever the victims. 

****ing embarrassment. Anything to deflect from Browns ****ing antics eh. 

Oddly I don't think anything to do with Celtic, more to do with desperate newspapers looking to find negativity and nastiness where it doesn't exist.

A bit of home grown Edinburgh media - Scotsman / Evening News sensationalist fake news. 

2 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Pathetic. Idiots like Davie Irons are best ignored.

You would think the media outlets and journalists might go wild and fact check their stories though............... but of course that doesn't get clicks or sells their rags.

Gorgie Boot boy

Why would we or should we respect any of them.

Disrespect the lot of them to their faces, cheating lying scumbags.

Hearts did respect them, we didn't lick their arses out though for the kudos.

ToadKiller Dog

The same as the Kris Commons article its about creating a Hearts bad mentality to take away from how we exposed celtics weaknesses in the 2nd half and ET .

Celtic are experts at playing this game in the media maybe more so than David Murray era rangers .

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Zico said:

What a strange thing to invent. Great journalism from Fowler as well - aye, I’ll just repeat some bullshit from another paper and put my name on it. 

image.png.3a20cfd98c8a2a41b5995f4b9a0c900f.png

giphy.gif

SectionDJambo

Is it just my paranoia, or are Hearts the only club that this kind of a pack of lies is printed or spoken about in the Scottish media? 
It’s time that Hearts called these liars out, publicly, and demand a correction and apology from them. 

Why on earth does Irons get this nonsense into his head and the state it as fact on a national news medium.

Does he think that nobody is going to challenge his lies? He’s not just mistaken here, he is slandering our players and the media publications who printed these lies have been only too eager to assist him.

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Is it just my paranoia, or are Hearts the only club that this kind of a pack of lies is printed or spoken about in the Scottish media? 
It’s time that Hearts called these liars out, publicly, and demand a correction and apology from them. 

Why on earth does Irons get this nonsense into his head and the state it as fact on a national news medium.

Does he think that nobody is going to challenge his lies? He’s not just mistaken here, he is slandering our players and the media publications who printed these lies have been only too eager to assist him.

THIS

Non-entity. A mediocre player and a virtually invisible career at mediocre clubs. I couldn't even name one of them with any certainty. 

St. Mirren? 

I'd add that Alan Partridge "who gives a feck" gif but I don't give enough of a feck to bother. 

Thanks for posting this.  I honestly think "critics"  like this clown Irons absolutely hate the FoH.  They look at the new stand, the new pitch, the living wage, the benefactors, Save the Children, our strong debt free financial situation and they seethe with jealousy.

To bad Davie boy, it is what it is. 

Wonder if he thinks Brown might have lacked a bit of class.

Ah, this is the guy from the Terrace podcast.

I don’t know what’s worse: Irons lying, the Falkirk paper giving him bandwidth, the Scotsman picking it up and asking Fowler to write a piece about it, or Fowler going ahead without checking. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

the guard of honour we gave them a few years ago at tynecastle - now that was lack of respect of the highest order - well done lads 👏

john souttar in particular and one other (maybe Michael Smith) absolute class in their total disrespect - subtle enough not to be called out but absolute disdain 

again well done lads :clap:

(not big Jon McLaughlin tho - surprised he didn’t end up with a hand injury with all his enthusiastic clapping :( ) v good keeper tho

It really is time we as a club make it known that certain people in the media are not welcome at Tynecastle. The amount of lies and rubbish written about Hearts is beyond belief. Rangers  have done it with the BBC I’d have no problem with Hearts following suit. 

42 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Sorry if this is old news or being discussed elsewhere but I never saw it on the forum.

So Davie Irons has a pop at Hearts saying their players never applauded Celtic when they were given the trophy. Presuming he was not at Hampden and watched it on TV and saw the same footage of trophy being awarded with Hearts players out of shot we saw. So not sure how he came to this conclusion.

The Falkirk Herald then reports what Irons says as fact, then The Scotsman pile on (an article by Hearts supporter Craig Fowler no less).

Shame the people who were at Hampden actually witnessed Hearts being respectful and applauding Celtic.

Nice to see them try to put the boot in when Hearts are on a low after the final as well. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ex-gretna-coach-criticises-hearts-lacking-respect-not-applauding-celtic-3075036

If you are going to lie about the Hearts players who just put in 120 minutes of graft for the club, when you are told it is absolute bullshit have the decency to either apologise or have the decency to take down the article.

Apparently this is ok to publish though as the article isn't about Hearts it's about what Davie Irons says............ possibly a little 'oh and by the way he's talking shite' could be added to the article 

Nice one Jamie Borthwick and Ewan Murray for calling this out as factually incorrect.

All these articles finish with a plea from the editor pleading for support.

Maybe if they went in to bat for us during the summer and didn't subsequently give oxygen to this drivel then I might be more inclined to support our local paper.

But no **** them

46 minutes ago, OTT said:

Celtic, forever the victims. 

****ing embarrassment. Anything to deflect from Browns ****ing antics eh. 

Horrible wee prik🤡

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Does anyone still buy The Scotsman! It used to be an Edinburgh paper with a loyal readership.......not any more. The John Fairgrieve days were excellent. However, I haven't bought it for years and have not read anything that would entice me to even lift it up off a newspaper stand to view it. 

A complete irrelevant individual who had a bang average existence in the game (and that’s being kind). Had to genuinely google the dick as I could not remember who he played for.  Someone like him given column inches just shows how irrelevant and bad the press has become.  Hysterical. Needs to slide back underneath whatever rock he came from. 

Davie Irons just seems a weird as **** choice to even approach for an opinion on Hearts/Celtic.  Total non-entity who has no links with either, although I'm guessing he supports them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Who's his daughter?

Sports ace on The Nine, does the online prediction for the BBC

Geoff Kilpatrick

And this is why the Scottish media is going bust. Can some hack let Davie Irons know that I didn't watch the presentation as I turned off after the shootout? Ok, so it was 4am here and I decided some sleep might be a good idea but I should have stayed up to watch that mutant Brown to lift a trophy. Looking forward to the weegia creating a story around that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

image.png.3a20cfd98c8a2a41b5995f4b9a0c900f.png

giphy.gif

pretty pathetic that he couldn't add anything to the discussion by clarifying what actually happened (I'd switched off the TV by them so while I'd assume they did, I don't actually know).

Useless click bait with no editorial or investigative input - and they wonder why newspapers are on their uppers!!

I'd also add that there would be no way as a Hearts fan I'd put my name to that unless it was 100% true...

1 hour ago, Independence said:

Does anyone still buy The Scotsman! It used to be an Edinburgh paper with a loyal readership.......not any more. The John Fairgrieve days were excellent. However, I haven't bought it for years and have not read anything that would entice me to even lift it up off a newspaper stand to view it. 

Did John Fairgrieve write for "The Scotsman" or are you thinking of John Rafferty?

2 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Did John Fairgrieve write for "The Scotsman" or are you thinking of John Rafferty?

Fairgrieve wrote for the Sunday Mail iirc. 

Puir wee Celtic not getting enough respect?  Well, boo hoo.

How much respect did that dim-witted thug Brown give the Hearts players?  How about writing that story?

And for any vermin with the gall to comment on this, how much respect did Hibs players give Hearts in 2012?

Good their desperation to keep the inept ginger prick there will only benefit the rest of us and bring the wrath of the great unwashed down on their own heads.

Nothing other than clickbait and Hearts are a free hit.

Quite sad because this sort of swamp shite is why I’ll never give the Scotsman and Co any of my money. And I use ad-blockers. Suck ma willy.

It must be manna from heaven for these so called journalists having Hearts as a punch bag, saves them having to write about corruption and sectarianism in Scottish football I suppose 😏

Ah, the Scotsman and Edinburgh Evening News. Both now printed in Glasgow.

John Fairgrieve, wrote for the Sunday Mail. His piece came under the tagline Capital Comment.

Today's modern journalist are like alot of society, lazy. Lazy in that they believe the technology more than the human.

Craig Fowler, you got it wrong this time son. Stick your hand up. Apologise and move on. However, dont be so gullible and make the same mistake again.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Can someone tell me in what capacity Irons was involved in Sundays match that makes his rambling pish relevant

Hates Hearts. 

Therefore relevant to Scotland’s media. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I have no idea who Davie Irons is and that Craig Fowler is a *****. 

I don’t understand how any Hearts fan would willingly submit that without questioning it. No way would Aidan Smith have done it. 

Fowler coming across like the kind of guy who would work for Celtic TV if it helped his media career. 

It would be easy to check by viewing footage if he was right or not. If it isn’t ( I had switched over so have no idea ) it’s just lazy journalism not to say that. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t understand how any Hearts fan would willingly submit that without questioning it. No way would Aidan Smith have done it. 

Fowler coming across like the kind of guy who would work for Celtic TV if it helped his media career. 

Said it the other day on another thread. It seems like quite a few Hearts related people in the media have become absolute roasters.  

Not strong enough to stand their ground and pander to whoever they need to. Very disappointing behaviour. 

I turned the TV off after we picked up our medals - just in case the EEN are looking for another headline.

Edited by Homme