Moisture detected in charger port

Tenaciousdandy

Tenaciousdandy

Hi needing some help, my Samsung s20 has just came up with this error, not has any moisture in tne charger port that I'm aware of, tried restarting the phone but no joy, anyone had this issue amd managed to sort it?

Screenshot_20201221-103401_One UI Home.jpg

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Rice is your friend. 

I'll try rice when I get home. The thing is I have no idea where the moisture has come from it was working fine charging last night and the only place it had been was my pocket, plugged in at work and error came up 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Try sticking something the size of a paperclip in (but plastic preferably) and try scrape out fluff. You’ll be amazed at how much can get stuck in there. 

I've tried that port looks clear

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Have you done what it suggested?

Got a fan on the port atm not got a clue where the moisture if any would have came from tho

Stuart McNeill

Dandyman, 

This issue plaqued my phoned for weeks and I tried all the 'tricks'. 

- rice

- hair dryer 

- searching USB settings and clearing data and cache. 

I had to end up using a wireless charger which took as long to charge. 

Also, watch out for the fact I disconnected my phone from charging to put it in another socket and the warning ended up coming back. 

I realised allowing my phone to die and charging was one of the only ways to work without wireless. 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I have been having a similar issue with my iPhone. I just left it and seemed to correct it self but occurred a few times, 

I mostly use wireless charging so not a massive issue albeit a tad annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Dandyman, 

This issue plaqued my phoned for weeks and I tried all the 'tricks'. 

- rice

- hair dryer 

- searching USB settings and clearing data and cache. 

I had to end up using a wireless charger which took as long to charge. 

Also, watch out for the fact I disconnected my phone from charging to put it in another socket and the warning ended up coming back. 

I realised allowing my phone to die and charging was one of the only ways to work without wireless. 

Thanks. Will invest in a wireless charger, phone is less than 6 months old and not had any moisture in the port that I'm aware of, will call ee and see if they will fix it altho I doubt it will be covered under the warranty 

Will hunt out my old phone as a back up until I can either get it fixed or get a wireless charger 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I would give them a call, shouldn’t be doing that. 

Your not doing anything like maybe leaving in bathroom when showering or the like and condensation occurring?

I have done that in the past but recently 

Stuart McNeill
9 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I have done that in the past but recently 

Do try the USB settings option and reseting your phone or allowing it to die and charging it when there is no life in the phone. 

The problem should go away eventually but it could take months 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

Do try the USB settings option and reseting your phone or allowing it to die and charging it when there is no life in the phone. 

I'll give all the options a try, might even try a complete factory reset, got my Sony Experia to use once I remember where I put it until it's fixed or can get a wireless charger at least 

3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I'll give all the options a try, might even try a complete factory reset, got my Sony Experia to use once I remember where I put it until it's fixed or can get a wireless charger at least 

Have you tried a car charger or from a none domestic socket. Maybe your USB cable might be faulty. 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, ri Alban said:

Have you tried a car charger or from a none domestic socket. Maybe your USB cable might be faulty. 

Tried 2 different cables and plugs

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Could try getting compressed air and blowing into the charging port see if anything for in it 

Yeah will see ifblocal hardware shop stocks it 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, ri Alban said:

👍 Best of luck, bud. 

Cheers ri, I'm sure either I'll sort it or it will sort itself as stuart says eventually 

Happened at the start of the year with my S8+.  It happened on a day it snowed and can only think snow/cold water got to the port when I took the phone out of a jacket pocket.

I put phone on windowsill above a radiator.  Problem went away but returned a few days later.

It went away again and didn't return before I upgraded.  Getting a wireless charger is advised.

Don't ever put a phone with a cracked screen on a radiator or the windscreen blower of a vehicle. A mistake I'll never make again. 

Edited by ri Alban

Tenaciousdandy
22 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

What usb setting do I need to change? Thats the usb options I have 

Cheers 

Screenshot_20201221-143618_Settings.jpg

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Don't ever put a phone with a cracked screen on a radiator or the windscreen blower of a vehicle. A mistake I'll never make again. 

did it end up in bits😦

Tenaciousdandy
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'd imagine you'd have to watch for heat getting into the components through the cracks

Missus has said she's got a wireless charger and has the s20 plus, checked and it works on hers so at least I can charge it until it's either sorts itself or I can sort it 

9 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I'd imagine you'd have to watch for heat getting into the components through the cracks

Missus has said she's got a wireless charger and has the s20 plus, checked and it works on hers so at least I can charge it until it's either sorts itself or I can sort it 

Just try and make sure the phone is kept somewhere where it gets the warmth without being directly on the heat source to cause damage.

I bought a wireless charger for my last phone because of this problem and used it maybe twice.

Tenaciousdandy
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Just try and make sure the phone is kept somewhere where it gets the warmth without being directly on the heat source to cause damage.

I bought a wireless charger for my last phone because of this problem and used it maybe twice.

Cheers, got it connected to the xbox charging, so gets the heat from that as well 

It's a handy thing to have as most new phones seem to have a wireless charging option

A Boy Named Crow
11 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Hi needing some help, my Samsung s20 has just came up with this error, not has any moisture in tne charger port that I'm aware of, tried restarting the phone but no joy, anyone had this issue amd managed to sort it?

Screenshot_20201221-103401_One UI Home.jpg

I've got an S10e that does the same,  usually after I wash it under the tap (I know), give it a blast with the hair-dryer, if your or someone you're close to owns one, job done 

11 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

did it end up in bits😦

The phone was on but I nothing to look at. There was no light on the phone. I fecked it. 

8 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

:yas: