***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

Pasquale for King
Just now, jbee647 said:

For me it looks now like Declan Gallagher was the lynchpin of that Livvy defence 

Halkett is not a top end central defender who can be relied upon

makes far too many errors and lacks concentration, he will probably suffice this season, but not going forward into next season

Absolutely, being top goal scorer last season disguised the fact that Berra/Souttar/Dikamona all struggled to play well beside him. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In the not too distant past I recall screams of “eye bleeding football” and proclamations from posters saying words to the effect:

I’d much rather watch us win games 3-2 or 5-3 than dull ground out 1 and 2 nil games

What’s not to like about our attacking play and scoring goals?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I’ll give you that BB 👏🏻

watching Wighton, with clips like this recently got me thinking,maybe a pagger is what he needs? I don’t know him personally but when watching ,it looks like he could do with a few nights out in the real world, see what life’s about etc,I don’t mean Gazza with fivebellies,but something similar...him,a couple of mates and someone trusted overseeing things to have a few bevvies a couple of times a week [forget the gym nights] and feel life’s ok pissing people off now and then with charm and arrogance, he looks so short on confidence,although scoring just lacking the step up and progressing to the next level ,I wouldn’t mind putting a few quid in to the said confidence nights out🍺 thoughts?

If I could just add to that I think he’s quite immature, I follow Cochrane on Instagram. He’s hilarious to be honest but Wighton was the butt of most of his jokes, for someone who is 4 years older than him it seemed quite strange. To be crude I think he needs a good night out as you say and to be ****ed senseless by someone more experienced 😱😆

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If I could just add to that I think he’s quite immature, I follow Cochrane on Instagram. He’s hilarious to be honest but Wighton was the butt of most of his jokes, for someone who is 4 years older than him it seemed quite strange. To be crude I think he needs a good night out as you say and to be ****ed senseless by someone more experienced 😱😆

I’m certainly not offering my services for this but I think PaK,you’ve got it ,let’s hope he looks in👍

Pasquale for King
Just now, maggieb said:

I’m certainly not offering my services for this but I think PaK,you’ve got it ,let’s hope he looks in👍

Might be the summer before it’s allowed though 😆

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Just count the clean sheets this season. Won’t take you very long.

I’ll count the goals we score - might take me some time......

Byyy The Light
53 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

the thing is this site was originally about Hearts supporters supporting Hearts. It’s now changed into a place for an online pagger populated by bell-ends😀

Its mental. Say what you want about Hibs myths and them being delusional but at least they have a feel good factor and get behind their players. Jesus every one of them should be playing for Scotland if you listen to them. Every young player is the messiah. With us it’s the complete opposite, doom and gloom all over the shop. If I was a player I know who I’d be more confident playing in front of. Depressing. 

Why is it that Robbie gets such a hard time from certain elements of our support? Just the other week I was reading that this squad are 'rotten to the core' and that Robbie's style of play is pish, but we beat Hibs at Hampden and came within 2 pens of beating Celtic. Add to that we're scoring goals for fun in this league which isn't something 'Premiership clubs' have always been able to do. Is it a hangover from the anti-robbie crew from his first stint who are too proud to admit he's doing an orite job? Or do some folk genuinely just hate how he sets his teams up?

Each to their own an that but it just seems weird to me that folk are still getting pissed off when we're winning just about every week, especially after everything we've had to go through in the last 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

the thing is this site was originally about Hearts supporters supporting Hearts. It’s now changed into a place for an online pagger populated by bell-ends😀

Indeed , there has always been a few but people could have a debate or conversation about it. Often now the response to a reasoned post is to mash the keyboard and troll /hurl abuse as someone elses opinion is not shared by the keyboard mashing types

57 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Its mental. Say what you want about Hibs myths and them being delusional but at least they have a feel good factor and get behind their players. Jesus every one of them should be playing for Scotland if you listen to them. Every young player is the messiah. With us it’s the complete opposite, doom and gloom all over the shop. If I was a player I know who I’d be more confident playing in front of. Depressing. 

Said earlier at the moment rightly or wrongly Id hate to be a Hearts player infront of a packed Tynecastle if its these people who populate the stadium and thats from someone whos been spat on , things thrown at him , cut open by objects thrown by Rangers fans all because Iv gone to take a corner. Fortunately im not sure it is......

Meant to add: You are confusing the media and Hibs fans. They are pissing moaning , sister humping , inbred w**kstain c**kwombles on the sole of society’s boots....

Edited by sadj

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Said earlier at the moment rightly or wrongly Id hate to be a Hearts player infront of a packed Tynecastle if its these people who populate the stadium and thats from someone whos been spat on , things thrown at him , cut open by objects thrown by Rangers fans all because Iv gone to take a corner. Fortunately im not sure it is......

Same people would say you don’t have the bottle to play for Hearts. Meanwhile in the real world...

Fortunately I think you are right. Unfortunately, due to social media and forums like this, people are heavily influenced by it whereas before you’d have a rammy about it in the pub and forget about it and get on with life until the following week

10 hours ago, sadj said:

Indeed , there has always been a few but people could have a debate or conversation about it. Often now the response to a reasoned post is to mash the keyboard and troll /hurl abuse as someone elses opinion is not shared by the keyboard mashing types

I agree with your post above but how do you square that with saying some Hearts fans should be committed?

11 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

And yet here you are...... with a hugely uplifting and positive post.......just Log Out mate.......It’s really easy 

The Hogfather
18 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

One thing we can agree on is our centre backs are not good enough for next season. None of them

Nonsense.

45 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Nonsense.

Apart from Souttar who is made of glass and 1 setback away from retirement, we have Berra, Halkett and Popescu. Is that good enough for the premier league, given what we already know from last season. 

We will need 2 new centre backs minimum. 3 if Souttar is done.

Gorgie Boot boy
13 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

WTF.

Who cares what those ***** are doing or their fair weather fans.

What a pile of shite,

15 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

That boy’s best ignored mate. Whinging about 26 goals scored and 9 against in 9 games😂

I know! 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Apart from Souttar who is made of glass and 1 setback away from retirement, we have Berra, Halkett and Popescu. Is that good enough for the premier league, given what we already know from last season. 

We will need 2 new centre backs minimum. 3 if Souttar is done.

Who you comparing them to? Hanlon, Porteous, Considine and Ash Taylor? 

Then aye, they’re all good enough for the Premier League 

45 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Who you comparing them to? Hanlon, Porteous, Considine and Ash Taylor? 

Then aye, they’re all good enough for the Premier League 

Your having a laugh if you think Halkett or Berra would get a game for Hibs or Aberdeen. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Your having a laugh if you think Halkett or Berra would get a game for Hibs or Aberdeen. 

Considering the pish I’ve just listed who does get a game for them then I don’t think it takes that much of a stretch of the imagination. 

Or what about Mark Reynolds or Kirk Broadfoot or Joe Shaughnessy? The top league is mostly made up of pish too

41 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Considering the pish I’ve just listed who does get a game for them then I don’t think it takes that much of a stretch of the imagination. 

Or what about Mark Reynolds or Kirk Broadfoot or Joe Shaughnessy? The top league is mostly made up of pish too

Last seasons league table would suggest that there is run of the mill pish and there’s Hearts pish in that case. Of the players you have mentioned in your replies there are at least 3 I’d be pleased with if we signed them. 

Anyhoo, round and round in circles we could go on this. Let’s leave it at you thinking our centre backs are good enough for next season in the top league and me begging to differ.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Last seasons league table would suggest that there is run of the mill pish and there’s Hearts pish in that case. Of the players you have mentioned in your replies there are at least 3 I’d be pleased with if we signed them. 

Anyhoo, round and round in circles we could go on this. Let’s leave it at you thinking our centre backs are good enough for next season in the top league and me begging to differ.

We need two quality center backs, if we want to be serious.  Fact.

Bazzas right boot

I think smith might end up at ch soon, if not next season, the year after. 

I'd be discussing that now with him, his choice tho. 

If he's happy with that, we  have Smith, Souttar and Halkett all good enough at ch for a top 4 push imo. 

All right sided tho so I'd be after a left sided defender. 

If Berra goes, then Popescu is there to cover at ch and lb as well. 

We'd need a rb if that played out. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think smith might end up at ch soon, if not next season, the year after. 

I'd be discussing that now with him, his choice tho. 

If he's happy with that, we  have Smith, Souttar and Halkett all good enough at ch for a top 4 push imo. 

All right sided tho so I'd be after a left sided defender. 

If Berra goes, then Popescu is there to cover at ch and lb as well. 

We'd need a rb if that played out. 

We have an international right back nearing the end of his career who might not even be here next season. If he is here, switching him to centre half when he will have another year on the clock would be madness.

Souttar I really fear for. That’s 3 huge injuries in 5 years he has had. Is he ever going to be 100% again ? And for how long ?

Halkett was awful in the Prem last season, as was Berra. I’ve seen nothing this season to say they’d be any better next season. 

Popescu is just a bad signing and that’s all there is to it. He’s not even good enough for the championship.

if we keep Smith and Kingsley, we need 2 good centre half’s with Halkett as cover or maybe one of a back 3.

That’s before you even talk about cover at full back of which we have none apart from White at the moment.

Midfield we’d get away with although there’s not much pace there.

Wide we need one possibly 2

Up front we need at least one and probably 2.

I make that around 7-8 new players, assuming we don’t lose anyone we’d want to keep, like Smith for example.

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic
  • Moderators

Locked as it has turned into a thread discussing what players we should keep or replace. There are more suitable threads for this. 

Thanks