***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

I just hope the lads pick themselves up and are not too mentally drained after the cup final for this? Having said that, We are at home, Which means we should be winning this by at least two goals, I'm going for 3-1 hearts.

Let's bounce back and win this league hearts!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

I keep thinking Frear and Roberts will suddenly show why Robbie signed them. I'm still waiting.

Frear did OK at Motherwell but seems to have been carrying a knock. If he's up to speed now he needs to start showing he's a Premiership standard player playing in the Championship. He should be capable of getting the better of most defenders he's up against and creating chances.

Roberts just seems a squad filler who you would never pick as first choice in any of the forward positions. He doesn't look any better than Moore out wide and Moore cant even make the squad. 

He doesn't look capable of playing as a striker either. Definitely something missing there. Fight? Aggression? Determination? He can show the very occasional touch of skill but we need players who will deliver not who might deliver.

The Ayr game may need the use of some of the squad players if the first choices have picked up knocks. I hope guys like the 2 mentioned above can finally step up to the mark. It's slightly concerning there's such  a big drop in quality when our first picks are missing. Hopefully the threat of new players coming in in January will be the kick up the arse needed for the underperformers.

Stephane Grappelli
16 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Really don't see any point in wallowing. 

Yesterday's news 

You're probably right mate. I was just thoroughly pissed off but feeling better day.

My love for Hearts is stronger than ever and my disdain for Celtic is stronger than ever. I never thought I'd dislike a team and a fanbase more than the late 80s/early 90s Rangers but the current Celtic mob are even worse than them.

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I love the Beatles and I love that song.  Thank you.

No worries mate.

Gorgie Boot boy
14 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, straight red means immediate ban for one game and then further games in that cup competition. He will probably be offered a two game ban which means he misses Ayr and our cup game next month. 

Has anything happened.

Has Naisy had any official warnings or cards for the game.

Or is this just news paper and mixing  talk ?

18 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt there will be any problems lifting the team by the weekend, Dave.

Their fat twat prick loudmouth Yank arsepiece is motivation enough and I expect an easy 3 goal win and that turd to get his medicine rammed up his farter. 

I tried to tone it down a bit.....

Have a nice Christmas.

less of the fat if you please, no stranger to a fish supper myself !

Strangely I would be more worried about this game if we had won on Sunday.  I think we will get back on horse and kick on in the league.  

4 hours ago, stuart500 said:

I keep thinking Frear and Roberts will suddenly show why Robbie signed them. I'm still waiting.

Frear did OK at Motherwell but seems to have been carrying a knock. If he's up to speed now he needs to start showing he's a Premiership standard player playing in the Championship. He should be capable of getting the better of most defenders he's up against and creating chances.

Roberts just seems a squad filler who you would never pick as first choice in any of the forward positions. He doesn't look any better than Moore out wide and Moore cant even make the squad. 

He doesn't look capable of playing as a striker either. Definitely something missing there. Fight? Aggression? Determination? He can show the very occasional touch of skill but we need players who will deliver not who might deliver.

The Ayr game may need the use of some of the squad players if the first choices have picked up knocks. I hope guys like the 2 mentioned above can finally step up to the mark. It's slightly concerning there's such  a big drop in quality when our first picks are missing. Hopefully the threat of new players coming in in January will be the kick up the arse needed for the underperformers.

I'm just waiting on one of these quality wide men to have the beating of championship level full back ..... even just the once.

We should be winning our next two home games quite comfortably. With Dunfermline away to ICT next week that should see us extend our lead.

The league is turning out just as most had predicted. It’s such a poor standard that literally anyone can win on the day. We are sitting pretty right now but if we had beaten Dunfermline we would be 8 points clear with a game in hand after 7 games ffs. Robbies hardest task will be to keep the players motivated. I want another double digit hammering this season. Saturday would be nice!

18 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We should be winning our next two home games quite comfortably. With Dunfermline away to ICT next week that should see us extend our lead.

The league is turning out just as most had predicted. It’s such a poor standard that literally anyone can win on the day. We are sitting pretty right now but if we had beaten Dunfermline we would be 8 points clear with a game in hand after 7 games ffs. Robbies hardest task will be to keep the players motivated. I want another double digit hammering this season. Saturday would be nice!

Let’s hope the players don‘t get as complacent about winning this league as some of our supporters. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I love the Beatles and I love that song.  Thank you.

How are you coping today mate, looking to the future is where we are at again.

Getting to the final on Sunday was a bonus, the hard work put in since the summer will pay off.

The future is Maroon and white ribbons on silver ware.

On 21/12/2020 at 08:01, Stephane Grappelli said:

Give it a rest John.  The league is of course our bread and butter but we should be winning this division at a canter.  The fact that we're even there is a disgrace and the players have to take their fair share of the blame for that.

Yesterday they got themselves in a great position but ultimately it was yet another kick in the teeth for the fans.  Winning that cup against that mob would have been fantastic on so many levels and I'm absolutely ****ing sick.

So forgive me but it feels a bit too soon for happy clappy "let's look forward to Ayr United" pish.  Right now I could see that game far enough. 

Totally understand.

56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s hope the players don‘t get as complacent about winning this league as some of our supporters. 

Supporters are entitled to their opinion, Dave. 

One which is proving to be on the money.

22 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Supporters are entitled to their opinion, Dave. 

One which is proving to be on the money.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, including me. 😄

I think we should, and will, win the league but we need to put the effort and concentration in to do it. The sooner it’s done and dusted the better for me. 

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley

Lee Halliday Irving

Ginnelly Boyce Naismith

3-0 to Hearts.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think we should, and will, win the league but we need to put the effort and concentration in to do it. The sooner it’s done and dusted the better for me. 

Also, keeping up our superior PPG is vital as this new strain could result in another suspension of football.

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Also, keeping up our superior PPG is vital as this new strain could result in another suspension of football.

Exactly. Who knows what the new year will bring. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It won't be done and dusted until we have an insurmountable lead and all 27 matches have been played, I do not trust these corrupt thieves that run Scottish football to not pull a new way to stitch us over out of the hat!

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Jarhead said:

I agree with this. 
Yesterday was a kick in the teeth but it’s not very often you only have to wait 6 days after a Scottish Cup final to get going again. 
It’s important that we carry on the performance from the second half and take out any lingering frustrations on Ayr. 

That’s a good point, don’t have weeks to wait to to get over it.
He might need to freshen the team up a little considering the two hours most of them played on that big wet heavy pitch. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, gator said:

It won't be done and dusted until we have an insurmountable lead and all 27 matches have been played, I do not trust these corrupt thieves that run Scottish football to not pull a new way to stitch us over out of the hat!

Even then they could come up with some obscure shite to keep us down. 

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley

Lee Halliday Irving

Ginnelly Boyce Naismith

3-0 to Hearts.

That is the 11 I'd go with but I'd be inclined to switch Halliday to left back and move Kingsley forward into midfield. Minor, I know, but Halliday look alright when he dropped to left back on Sunday

Not too fussy so long as Walker is nowhere near the starting eleven. He was nowhere to be seen on Sunday and we have put up with far too many of these non-performances for far too long now. Not sure when his contract expires but it must not be renewed. He will be on a reasonable wedge and this money could be used better elsewhere. 

I thought Haring playing in a back 3 might be worth persevering with to allow the two full backs to push further up the park. It also covers up Berra’s clear lack of pace.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

You're probably right mate. I was just thoroughly pissed off but feeling better day.

My love for Hearts is stronger than ever and my disdain for Celtic is stronger than ever. I never thought I'd dislike a team and a fanbase more than the late 80s/early 90s Rangers but the current Celtic mob are even worse than them.

That's it. Work has just begun. I feel like 1996 again speaking of the other cheek

Just a pity we can’t welcome the team onto the pitch & show our appreciation. 
Did themselves & us proud. Hopefully give fat boy & his mob a proper doing.

Stephane Grappelli
47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That's it. Work has just begun. I feel like 1996 again speaking of the other cheek

Definitely, we're getting closer. Hopefully we're in a final again soon and win it.

51 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Definitely, we're getting closer. Hopefully we're in a final again soon and win it.

It happened with us under JJ until 98. Dundee Utd reached a few finals before winning it. Dare I say it so did Hibs. Eventually you get your day.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Come on Dave. You know as well as I do that we will walk it. 

It's not complacency. It's utter confidence that we are better than all the other teams in the league. We had a blip and I don't envisage any more blips this season.

I also reckon that we are the third or fourth best team in the country and that we will prove it next season.

I admire your confidence. My life’s experience tells me to assume nothing because... 😎

On 21/12/2020 at 09:17, Silvery_Moon said:

I know where you are coming from. 

Yesterday was a massive disappointment and 3 points against Ayr isn't going to take the pain away unfortunately. 

Correct im still seething, never felt like this at any game or watching hearts  in any final  , we had them and let it go !     Devastation,    only way to get over this is to win a cup ASAP......

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Come on Dave. You know as well as I do that we will walk it. 

It's not complacency. It's utter confidence that we are better than all the other teams in the league. We had a blip and I don't envisage any more blips this season.

I also reckon that we are the third or fourth best team in the country and that we will prove it next season.

I don't see how it is possible not to win a league of such poor quality. Our reserves made short work of Raith 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any news on injuries? 

Few knocks on Sunday. 

Guess 

Gordon Smith Kingsley Halkett Berra Irving Lee Haring Ginnelly Naismith Wighton 

Maybe a few that came off struggling 

3 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Big JJ's message to the players after the game. Keep knocking on the door and it will open. 

2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Correct im still seething, never felt like this at any game or watching hearts  in any final  , we had them and let it go !     Devastation,    only way to get over this is to win a cup ASAP......

That's where I'm at. Have taken it worse than a lot of others going by the posts on here. 

A massive opportunity slipped away on Sunday. Will take me a while to get over it. 

6 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

That's where I'm at. Have taken it worse than a lot of others going by the posts on here. 

A massive opportunity slipped away on Sunday. Will take me a while to get over it. 

We were playing a team that knows how to win, proven over the last four years, and fell up just short after fighting to the end. 

Dust yourself down and go again. The players will. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

We were playing a team that knows how to win, proven over the last four years, and fell up just short after fighting to the end. 

Dust yourself down and go again. The players will. 

Well said , but it bloody well hurts all the same"       wel get over it but hope its by winning something ,and sooner than later...

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Well said , but it bloody well hurts all the same"       wel get over it but hope its by winning something ,and sooner than later...

It's a shite way to lose but far better teams than us have lost that way. Put it behind you mate. You would normally have weeks to stew over a Cup Final defeat. We can start putting it to bed on Boxing Day this year 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Notts1874 said:

It's a shite way to lose but far better teams than us have lost that way. Put it behind you mate. You would normally have weeks to stew over a Cup Final defeat. We can start putting it to bed on Boxing Day this year 🤷‍♂️

👏👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍

Give Smith a rest, the mans been sweating blood for weeks, give him a snooker cue and a glass of red, we shouldn't need him, bring him back next week, let his body have some time off.

4 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Must say I really am in the same boat here, I really am trying not to be and keep taking little moments where I think I’m just looking forward to the next game but the sad truth is Sunday has hit me harder than any game ever has. I took last years final pretty badly, at that point I really didn’t think I could feel worse after a game but even that seems minute compared to how I’m feeling about Sunday 😞

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

I hope the hurt and the anger at losing the final translates in to an utter hammering of Ayr.

So do I.  I also hope that one day soon, Haring will be completely injury free.

8-0 at least.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Give Smith a rest, the mans been sweating blood for weeks, give him a snooker cue and a glass of red, we shouldn't need him, bring him back next week, let his body have some time off.

Aye, he hasn't half been worked.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I'd go for

Gordon

Brandon.    Halkett.  Haring.    Kingsley

Irving.                 Lee

Gino.             Naismith.         Frear

Boyce

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

This could be last game for a while if the governments ramp up the restrictions further - at least were top this time 👍

No reason why games can't continue bcd. 

Testing should be compulsory and if you can't afford it- forfeit 👍

Nelly Terraces

Big test of Robbies man management skills this one as he's gonna have to lift the guys from the depths after Sundays agony (especially goes for Kingsley & Wighton), added to that the weather looks utterly atrocious this may be a tougher game than it normally would be so any win will do.

Though smashing these back stabbing ****s would be just dandy.:biggrin2:

14 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Big test of Robbies man management skills this one as he's gonna have to lift the guys from the depths after Sundays agony (especially goes for Kingsley & Wighton), added to that the weather looks utterly atrocious this may be a tougher game than it normally would be so any win will do.

Though smashing these back stabbing ****s would be just dandy.:biggrin2:

Take each game as it comes , horses for courses,  right attitude wel win most i feel , but there will be slip ups along the way,   dodgy pitches awful weather?   It affects both teams of course,  wel get there but it might not be a romp,  as long as we're champions at the end.....

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic