***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

5 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Give it a rest John.  The league is of course our bread and butter but we should be winning this division at a canter.  The fact that we're even there is a disgrace and the players have to take their fair share of the blame for that.

Yesterday they got themselves in a great position but ultimately it was yet another kick in the teeth for the fans.  Winning that cup against that mob would have been fantastic on so many levels and I'm absolutely ****ing sick.

So forgive me but it feels a bit too soon for happy clappy "let's look forward to Ayr United" pish.  Right now I could see that game far enough. 

Well you have a wee cry for next few days then.

Some of us realise where we are at the minute. Proud of the team yesterday and looking forward to the next game. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Hope so. They’ll all be gutted today but it’s up to the coaching team to lift them for Saturday. 

And the players themselves.

If they didnt have total belief before yesterday, they should do now.

CELTIC DID NOT BEAT US OVER 120 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL YESTERDAY. They couldnt, they were not good enough.

Stephane Grappelli
15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Well you have a wee cry for next few days then.

Some of us realise where we are at the minute. Proud of the team yesterday and looking forward to the next game. 

Where we are at the minute is in the Championship, thanks in no small part to some of the absolute charlatans who have stolen a wage from the club in the last three or four years.  A few of them were on that pitch yesterday and showed that either there's a performance in them if they can be arsed or that even a Cup Final, against that shower, after all that has happened to us, is not enough to motive them.

Good on you for being proud of them though. Clearly you're a better Hearts fan than I am.

4 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

"Gripelli", very good.

I've seen Hearts win three major trophies in my lifetime.  That figure could have been doubled or even troubled if it wasn't for things like yesterday where we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.   I'm gutted, absolutely ****ing gutted and beating a team on Saturday in a division that we shouldn't even ****ing be in is not going to take that away.  Good for you though if you genuinely are looking forward to the game.

The best way to "sort out" the ***** you speak of would have been to win the Cup yesterday.  We were playing the mob probably most responsible for the league being called early and victory would have got it right up them, Doncaster and ***** like St Mirren and Ayr United who are now trying to make themselves relevant by having pops at us.

I can't argue with any of that, it was a real chance to say F### you to the corruption of Scottish football, we were so close, I am proud of the team because we were clearly massive under dogs but we were so close and just didn't hold our nerve!

5 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I know where you are coming from. 

Yesterday was a massive disappointment and 3 points against Ayr isn't going to take the pain away unfortunately. 

Exactly how I feel at the moment tbh

6 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Give it a rest John.  The league is of course our bread and butter but we should be winning this division at a canter.  The fact that we're even there is a disgrace and the players have to take their fair share of the blame for that.

Yesterday they got themselves in a great position but ultimately it was yet another kick in the teeth for the fans.  Winning that cup against that mob would have been fantastic on so many levels and I'm absolutely ****ing sick.

So forgive me but it feels a bit too soon for happy clappy "let's look forward to Ayr United" pish.  Right now I could see that game far enough. 

Harsh but there's a bit of truth in that tbf. 

Gordon Ramsay
6 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Yep. Hard to look forward to a game against pish like that when we should be celebrating our 9th Scottish Cup win. Very disappointing.

Feel better than yesterday but this is a tough one to take. 

Any win will do on Saturday to keep our distance from whatever pish is below us. I'll tune into the game as always but this will take a bit more than beating Ayr Utd to ease the pain. 

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Would of liked to see Henderson on before Frear yesterday.  If all fit for boxing day id go 

Craig 

Smith

Berra

Halkett 

Kingsley 

Haring 

Irving 

Gino 

Naisy 

Henderson 

Boyce 

Hoping for goals start the game like we done the second half yesterday and we will destroy them. 

Not sure Haring and Ginnelly are fully fit.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure Haring and Ginnelly are fully fit.

Nah I don't think they will start either man nor boyce if they have picked up knocks or not fully fit . Would rather keep Haring away from the starting 11 if he was not fully don't want him being set back with injury and being out again. Same with Josh. 

I'm still gutted after Dens Park. This one will be another on the sair yin list.

But... No point wallowing in self pity. Let's take our anger out on Ayr feckin United and every other shower of diddies we come up against.

We wont always lose cup finals. Our day will come again.

6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Nah I don't think they will start either man nor boyce if they have picked up knocks or not fully fit . Would rather keep Haring away from the starting 11 if he was not fully don't want him being set back with injury and being out again. Same with Josh. 

Ginnelly certainly didn't look 100% yesterday or he could have won the game for us.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Ginnelly certainly didn't look 100% yesterday or he could have won the game for us.

I think it's more about match fitness with Ginnelly.  He was out for a couple of months, it take 3-4 games to get back up to speed.  A real shame as a fully fit Ginnelly may well have won it.  

Edited by TexasAndy

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I think it's more about match fitness with Ginnelly.  He was out for a couple of months, it take 3-4 games to get back up to speed.  A real shame as a fully fit Ginnelly may well have won it.  

👍  He looked as if he either had another injury or was maybe cramping up a bit with the stretching he was doing.

This Ayr United official looks like a neddy,  alcoholic relation of Scot Brown.  Hope our officials give him the cold shoulder and we thrash his team.

Another 6 will be fine.  6-0.

2 hours ago, David Black said:

This is where they need to show just how much character they have. They showed plenty yesterday and that is now the level for every game.

Spot on 👍

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

And the players themselves.

If they didnt have total belief before yesterday, they should do now.

CELTIC DID NOT BEAT US OVER 120 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL YESTERDAY. They couldnt, they were not good enough.

I'm immensely proud of them but equally frustrated with that lacklustre first half performance.

I'm certain that if Ginnelly and Haring had been fit to start, we would have played them off the park.

So unlucky for Haring.  Two finals in a row.

Cameron said: “I just think this proposal, in its timing, seemed very condescending and smug to me to be honest"

We'll all be smug and condescending after this game, don't worry about that.

6-0 Hearts 

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Same. Can’t come round quick enough. 

Maybe will make us all feel a bit better smashing those tosspots

Got a feeling this hangover from yesterday will only disappear when we play and win well again. 

As you say the next game can't come quick enough. 

The Treasurer

The players have set the bar now with the performance and spirit shown at Hampden.

Anything close to that in the coming months will see us back where we belong with games to spare.

It's a big ask for the team to lift themselves after the disappointment, especially without the fans there to get behind them, but they must not let it derail the main focus of this season

If only we could be there to show our appreciation and lift them.

I think they will react with a professional hiding, Robbie will demand it

After yesterday I think it’s making me

miss going to the games even more. I’d honestly give a kidney to be at

tynecastle on Saturday 

9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Smith

Berra

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Irving

Ginelly

Naismith

Frear

Wighton

if none of the knocks make it. 

Not sure Naismith will be available - media pundits are doing their best to get him cited for roughing up poor wee Broonie.

Just now, Pilmuir said:

Not sure Naismith will be available - media pundits are doing their best to get him cited for roughing up poor wee Broonie.

That’s the sort of shite you expect from the media up here. Pray for Broonie’s recovery, could be a long healing process, sometimes brushing gently against someone causes the most damage. 

Gorgie Boot boy

We have a few days to get everyone focused on three points, no need to be lifting heads.

Will take a while for the frustration to pass, nail down the league is our new focus.

The whole summer was spent bringing a winning mentality into the football side.

We do have that in our squad, beating Ayr is what it is all about for us this week.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Which, whilst not surprising, means that one of the media pundits, Naismith, is being tried by his fellow pundits.

I hope he remembers this when he sees them next.

He has given them the opportunity, though. He has nothing to prove to Brown, who in comparison to Naismith in terms of football career and being a decent man, is a Pigmy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

"Gripelli", very good.

I've seen Hearts win three major trophies in my lifetime.  That figure could have been doubled or even troubled if it wasn't for things like yesterday where we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.   I'm gutted, absolutely ****ing gutted and beating a team on Saturday in a division that we shouldn't even ****ing be in is not going to take that away.  Good for you though if you genuinely are looking forward to the game.

The best way to "sort out" the ***** you speak of would have been to win the Cup yesterday.  We were playing the mob probably most responsible for the league being called early and victory would have got it right up them, Doncaster and ***** like St Mirren and Ayr United who are now trying to make themselves relevant by having pops at us.

Really don't see any point in wallowing. 

Yesterday's news 

What happens in the cup must surely be managed by the SFA, so even if they did ban Naismith, it could only be from our next cup game and nothing to do with the SPFL

We owe that Trump loving buffoon from Ayr a right good hiding. 

A performance like the second-half yesterday should have them feeling like they just spent 3 nights in a chalet at Butlins.  

Gorgie Boot boy
4 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Where we are at the minute is in the Championship, thanks in no small part to some of the absolute charlatans who have stolen a wage from the club in the last three or four years.  A few of them were on that pitch yesterday and showed that either there's a performance in them if they can be arsed or that even a Cup Final, against that shower, after all that has happened to us, is not enough to motive them.

Good on you for being proud of them though. Clearly you're a better Hearts fan than I am.

Don't fully agree with the OP on this.  Personally, I want to see us putting everything into making it 3 SC finals in a row in May.

With every disrespect intended to the Championship clubs which voted us down, I'm taking us winning the league in a canter as a given.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Which, whilst not surprising, means that one of the media pundits, Naismith, is being tried by his fellow pundits.

I hope he remembers this when he sees them next.

He has given them the opportunity, though. He has nothing to prove to Brown, who in comparison to Naismith in terms of football career and being a decent man, is a Pigmy.

They both should be cited.

Brown for taking his studs down Naismith's right shin.

Naismith for his retaliatory stand on Brown's leg.

If only Naismith is cited then once again the bias/corruption of Scottish football is own show for all level headed people to see.

16 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't fully agree with the OP on this.  Personally, I want to see us putting everything into making it 3 SC finals in a row in May.

With every disrespect intended to the Championship clubs which voted us down, I'm taking us winning the league in a canter as a given.

Hopefully the players are a bit more focussed on it. 

11 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Hardly a kick in the teeth for the fans. They gave it their best against a far better team that's all you can ask.

A kick in the teeth is when they don't try and get rolled over by teams they should be beating, something we saw too much of in the last few seasons.

Its up to you whether you enjoy the next game or not but we're playing Ayr and there's nothing you or anyone at the club can do to change that now.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

If cited would it not just be cup ties he'd get banned for 

SectionDJambo
32 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If cited would it not just be cup ties he'd get banned for 

Violent conduct punishment is served in all competitions. He’d be out for upcoming league games.

Remember the big break we got when Jorg Albertz got sent off, for punching someone, the week before the 1998 cup final? It was a league match, at Tannadice I think.

That left Amoruso to put the spectators in danger of being hit by his free kicks, instead of Albertz probably scoring.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Quite a few games in quick succession. 

Would imagine there will be some rotation 

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

What happens in the cup must surely be managed by the SFA, so even if they did ban Naismith, it could only be from our next cup game and nothing to do with the SPFL

No, straight red means immediate ban for one game and then further games in that cup competition. He will probably be offered a two game ban which means he misses Ayr and our cup game next month. 

6 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Cameron said: “I just think this proposal, in its timing, seemed very condescending and smug to me to be honest"

We'll all be smug and condescending after this game, don't worry about that.

6-0 Hearts 

Voting a team into your league that you have no chance of finishing above, denying your own team a reasonable chance of promotion, in the laughable hope that their fans were going to fill your ground twice in that season, seems very stupid and short sighted to me to be honest .

Ya bawbag

Gorgie Boot boy

Oh this guy, i remember listening to him months ago.

Waffles some amount of pish.

8-0

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Probably one of those games I’d be happy for us to go two up then cruise it a bit. 

Can we not go 3 up and cruise a bit? 😉

Allowayjambo1874

They have a tight defence and we are off the back of Sunday so think we will huff and puff a bit. Can see a 2-0 but I hope it’s an absolute hammering  

Bazzas right boot

Some folk on this thread seem surprised or disappointed we have Ayr next. 

Did they not see that coming? 

Ayr need sorted out, another 6 goals please. Pretend every one of thier players is a Scott Brown. 

15 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

13 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Cannot see Ginnely playing.

At best it will be for the last 30 minutes - he ran himself into the ground.

Im afraid thats the way I'm feeling but its good to keep positive as well

Those 2 penalties were awful especially when the first 3 were so good

6 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Yup kick us when we are on a downer after throwing away the cup!

14 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Unlike Stephane Gripelli

Saturday can't come quickly enough. 

One saving grace from the delayed cup, there's no time to wallow in what ifs.

There are a list of ***** waiting to be sorted out, Ayr United would be pretty close to the top

I agree with this. 
Yesterday was a kick in the teeth but it’s not very often you only have to wait 6 days after a Scottish Cup final to get going again. 
It’s important that we carry on the performance from the second half and take out any lingering frustrations on Ayr. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic