Wighton and Kingsley

Stendelnator

Gorgie Boot boy

Maybe we want him to be that guy that grabs the headlines, starved of a Hero like Robbo.

The last quality striker to come out of our system.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Gorgie Boot boy

• soonbe110

• jr ewing

17 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Maybe we want him to be that guy that grabs the headlines, starved of a Hero like Robbo.

The last quality striker to come out of our system.

Robbo. Never in the system mind.

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Robbo. Never in the system mind.

I thought he signed for us as a youth player ?

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Edina Hibs

I knew that, what age was Robbo when he signed for us though.

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Mighty jam said:

Feeble and ineffective in almost every other game

Even the game where he scored a hat-trick? (including 2 penalties, funnily enough)

Gorgie Boot boy
3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

17 I think 

Thanks.

Who was the last quality striker to come out of our system then.

**** me man,

14 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t get this logic

From what you say Hearts basically are to blame - presumably down to Neilson for the first half performance.

But you don’t apply the same argument to Lennon for the second half - did he get it all wrong? Did he not set Celtic up properly?

Is it not just the case that a game of football has two teams and there are momentum changes in games. One team - especially against the best team in the country, can’t dominate the whole game. Yet, we dominated the second half sufficiently that we should have won it in 90 minutes.

Did you watch Sergio’s semi final against Celtic - was even more defensive first half. Celtic should have been out of sight at half time in that game. Them’s the breaks. 

You also seem to neglect that we started the game well enough with Berra and Naismith being a bit unlucky with chances and the fact that Celtic only had 3 shots on target first half.

Pretty straight forward really, we didn’t press anywhere good enough in the first half . Second half I don’t think NL changed anything , we changed how we were playing , got ourselves back in the game , which was a a tremendous effort . I still think that if we had used that same application in the first half we would have won ( that’s why I said in my original that we lost it there) 

Agree, the momentum through a game can swing back and forward, but we handed them that momentum . Football is all about opinions! 

Lets now get on with winning the league , and having another red hot crack at this years Scottish cup 

On 20/12/2020 at 19:04, Stendelnator said:

We’d never have made it to the penalty shootout today were it not for the two of them. Better players than them have missed in a shootout. They didn’t cost us anything today, and both should be commended for their bravery in stepping up. 

Naw.  The run ups were poor

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Nice to see them both scoring today and both playing well. Hopefully, Kingsley's injury doesn't keep him out for very long 

Groin issues

3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Nice to see them both scoring today and both playing well. Hopefully, Kingsley's injury doesn't keep him out for very long 

He looked fairly comfortable walking off

Hopefully just precautionary. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

However, Halliday is no Kingsley. 

Kingsley and Haliday fir well together though, Kingsley knows Halliday will cover for him in the game .Visa Versa.

Bonds and partnerships are still being formed, both are still in their early Hearts careers

Kidd’s Boots

Delighted for both of these guys to show the strength of character to bounce straight back. Wighton doesn’t have to seek his critics, but that was a nice present for them.