Commentary

rudiatemyhamster

rudiatemyhamster

A wonderful performance and proud of the team but gutted.

Afternoon was spoilt by the BBC commentary team who just talked about Celtic - awful

Quite miraculous how they went from “this is not the Celtic we know” before pens to “no other team will achieve this” after pens.  

They gave us **** all credit. Even when we scored, it was put down to their frailties rather than our effort.  

It was basically Celtic tv. Dodds and McLeod should be embarrassed about that today. Started during the line up when the only thing they mentioned about us was Gordon having 2 Scottish cup winners medals playing for Celtic. I’m pretty certain he won one with the team he was lining up for today but that wasn’t worth a mention. 

Horrible.  I hate Scottish Football apart from Hearts. I don’t think they ever said what Hearts had to do to win. 

After each Hearts goal it was about what Celtic needed to do. 

Don't even try to hide their bias. We all know this competition was continued to allow them to win their quadruple treble. Were about greetin when it looked like we were gonna rain on their parade. Pathetic

Me and Mrs were on about this during the game and i've already wrote it on another thread but it was disgusting.

Everything about Celtic. He sounded depressed when Hearts levelled and gave us zero credit. Dodds is an absolute cock aswell.

As Hearts attacked and scored to battle back, the commentary was lacking excitement and optimism for Hearts.

Unbiased my arse. BBC Scotland's football coverage really is a load of shite.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but the female at the start said Hearts make one change and Rob Lee isn't playing.

Apart from that it was a Celtic love in.Dodds should hang his head in shame.

Must have missed the numerous occasions they mentioned the gulf in spending power that they usually focus on when celtic are getting their annual doing in Europe. 

Does this happen I any other country, genuine question. The national broadcaster actively acting like a cheerleader for one team and dismissing the other for 120 mins.

It wouldn't of mattered who Celtic were playing. That bell end was clearly on a commission to screech quadruple treble as many times as possible.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Does this happen I any other country, genuine question. The national broadcaster actively acting like a cheerleader for one team and dismissing the other for 120 mins.

It wouldn't of mattered who Celtic were playing. That bell end was clearly on a commission to screech quadruple treble as many times as possible.

I think if their opponents had been Rangers the commentary would been a lot less biased.ĺ

Dick Gordon was as bad on the radio build up constanly moving the convesation back to Celric if any of the other pundits strayed on to mentioning Hearts

Pasquale for King

They had us getting a doing, were totally shocked when we came back, gave us no credit for it. They thought there was only three subs and it was only when Halliday went to LWB that Dodds realised we were playing 5 at the back. No mention of Naismitha first half chance, the same challenge was a clear foul to them but not us.  
No wonder the Dundee fans hate Dodds so much they were going to boycott the club if he returned. Rangers fans must hate him too.
Like most BBC pundits they know little about today’s game. Shelley Kerr changed her tune saying we weren’t a Top league team down below then giving us praise. Stewart was his usual self, sucking up to Celtic. I was raging when I saw O’Neill but he was the best out the lot. 

Summed up cutting away to show champion slaver pat bonner doing his commentary and calling him the big man. The bbc has been going downhill across all its content for years. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Unfortunately they are in greater numbers than us, always results in appeasement of the unwashed masses 

Jambo in Bathgate

And people in Scotland slag English commentators. I’m sick of this Celtic love in. Rangers will be happy, looks like Lennon will be staying. 

Posted it on two other threads but it's worth a third: an absolutely disgraceful, boak inducing commentary. Celtic, Celtic, Celtic all the way, regardless of what was happening, and, in between, repetitive, mindless stats. 

Silence is a TV commentator's friend. It wasn't radio.

Martin O'Neill should also look up the word "brevity". Never heard such inane, pointless ramblings. Shelley Kerr and Michael Stewart, in contrast, made their points coherently and briefly. 

Glad I don't usually bother with Sportscene if that's typical. Old Firm adoring bawbags. 

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

Afternoon was spoilt by the BBC commentary team who just talked about Celtic - awful

The GBBC commentary was a disgrace. Appparently there was only one team.

WHY WAS ONEILL THERE?

How was he not called out.

This was GBBC or BBC Scotland pandering to the Mhanks again.

They are a disgrace. NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME.

WELL DONE HEARTS YOU MAY NOT HAVE WON THE CUP BUT YOU GAVE US ALL HOPE THAT WE WILL BE BACK WHERE WE SHOULD BE  CHALLLENGING FOR MAJOR TROPHIES.

Although a Scottish cup final, you could be forgiven for thinking that Celtic were playing some bunch of Johnny Foreigners, the lack of respect or acknowledgement we were given.

All about what's wrong at Celtic, nothing about our Trojan efforts.

Plus ca change...

I put it on mute after half an hour! 

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They had us getting a doing, were totally shocked when we came back, gave us no credit for it. They thought there was only three subs and it was only when Halliday went to LWB that Dodds realised we were playing 5 at the back. No mention of Naismitha first half chance, the same challenge was a clear foul to them but not us.  
No wonder the Dundee fans hate Dodds so much they were going to boycott the club if he returned. Rangers fans must hate him too.
Like most BBC pundits they know little about today’s game. Shelley Kerr changed her tune saying we weren’t a Top league team down below then giving us praise. Stewart was his usual self, sucking up to Celtic. I was raging when I saw O’Neill but he was the best out the lot. 

Aye, actually said he had a soft spot for Hearts, the intimidating atmosphere of tynecastle ♥️ I wasn't suorised at the bias but shocked anyway. Are The bbc still barred from ibrox? Maybe that is why 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m just very happy for Liam McLeod that he was there to see what appears to be only the 2nd panenka penalty of all time...

Sure he referred to the original taking place in 1978 during commentary.

:jj_facepalm:

Never heard anything quite like it, the clown commentating sounded like he was picking up the cup himself.

BBC should be totally embarrassed by that. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, bigcoll said:

Aye, actually said he had a soft spot for Hearts, the intimidating atmosphere of tynecastle ♥️ I wasn't suorised at the bias but shocked anyway. Are The bbc still barred from ibrox? Maybe that is why 

Yeah that’s a good point. I can’t imagine Dodds being invited back there for any ex players events considering his apparent love of everything Celtic. 

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Quite miraculous how they went from “this is not the Celtic we know” before pens to “no other team will achieve this” after pens.  

They gave us **** all credit. Even when we scored, it was put down to their frailties rather than our effort.  

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Hated the way he sounded like he was ready to top himself whilst Celtic were drawing and was almost supersonic when they were ahead. 

The commentary was so Celtic centred that it was an embarrassment to the BBC. During the shoot-out they continually showed the Celtic line and I don't think they showed the Hearts players at all. The remark made by the commentator (McLeod?) about Hearts being swatted aside in the first half was shocking, at the time the stats were 60/40 Celtic but Dodds made it  out to be a hugely one sided game. I feel a letter of complaint to the BBC coming on. Maybe the club and others will join in.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I put it on mute after half an hour! 

I was going to but the neighbours were already hearing some awful stuff 🙈

Only in Scotland would neutral commentators fawn over the "quadruple treble". In most other leagues alarm bells would be ringing about the state of the game.

Fingers crossed for years of no champs league football for either side of OF. 

Diadora Van Basten

Brendan Rogers used to call Tom Rogic the magic man was my favourite although when he named the five players that have scored a Scottish Cup goal against Celtic was also baffling.

MacLeod makes the same statement about five times it is annoying and cringe.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The commentary was so Celtic centred that it was an embarrassment to the BBC. During the shoot-out they continually showed the Celtic line and I don't think they showed the Hearts players at all. The remark made by the commentator (McLeod?) about Hearts being swatted aside in the first half was shocking, at the time the stats were 60/40 Celtic but Dodds made it  out to be a hugely one sided game. I feel a letter of complaint to the BBC coming on. Maybe the club and others will join in.

It seemed like more than that according to them in the first half. A shot from from 20 yards and a cross from Griffiths that Superman would’ve struggled to get on the end of was 2 chances according to Dodds. I shouted more at the commentators than the actual game. ****ing embarrassing. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Brendan Rogers used to call Tom Rogic the magic man was my favourite although when he named the five players that have scored a Scottish Cup goal against Celtic was also baffling.

MacLeod makes the same statement about five times it is annoying and cringe.

It was a like a first date when they just felt they had to talk, good commentary teams can actually allow a few moments of silence without any problems. 
They told us it was 5 minutes of injury time and then cut away from our attack to show the guy with the board, and again after ET too 🙈

Agree just awful biased commentary.   At one point they were making excuses on behalf of Celtic for shoddy defending.  3rd keeper this season,  must be unsettling etc...... Wouldn't bother me quite so much but this is from the BBC FFS,    how hard can it be to show more balance and objectivity?  Its embarrassing stuff.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Liam McLeod actually sounded like one of those South American commentators when Celtic scored. Expected to hear him go GOAL, GOAL, GOAL.

As supposedly ‘professional’ broadcasters, they should be embarrassed by that. They won’t be though as like most of the sports media here, they see Scottish football through the old firm prism. 

Despite my massive, gutting, frustration today, I still try to keep myself in check, ie., try to refrain from sour grapes. However, his commentary is brutal. Really brutal. 

He was hard for Celtic today.

The BBC are falling off a cliff in Scotland. 

Richard Gordon, Willie Miller, etc., long ago reached the Bob Crampsie stakes.

But anyway, back to Liam McLeod ... what an unfit commentator.

Another one who professes all sorts of football knowledge, when I’d be surprised if they’d ever played football - beyond their home computers.

Make sure he knows it when we’re back at Tynecastle!

The commentary was poor, BBC Scotland sports really need to look at themselves, and get a more intelligent commentating team. The commentating team probably don't even realise how biased they are, and that should concern the BBC.

I though O'Neil, Kerr and Stewart were good.

They set the whole show to be about Lennon and their dip in form and the fecking quadruple bollox pretend achievement. No matter what happened in the game that was the story and they were going to stick to it.

Here's the gist of what I wrote to BBC feedback 

Hello there
I watched the football game Heart of Midlothian verses Celtic on BBC Scotland from my home in Newcastle upon Tyne and Celtic were expected to win. The commentators couldn't hide their support for Celtic who quickly went into a two zero lead, everything was a bout how great Celtic were. Hearts got it back to 2-2 and the commentators were almost choking with exasperation. Occasionally I had to turn the commentary off it was so embarrassing. Before the game started they mentioned the Hearts goalkeeper had won the Scottish cup with Celtic twice, which is true, no mention he had won it once previously with hearts, whenever Hearts got back into the game which was improbable, as they are a lower league team there was no mention of what Hearts could do to win the game , just endless discussions on what Celtic should do to win the game. Celtic went on to win the game, but endlessly it was about Celtic throughout. Please okay this commentary back it was so biased as to be embarrassing. 

The better team won, because it always does as the name of the game is to score more goals than the opposition. I am disgusted and exasperated at the level of bias towards one of Scotland's biggest teams, there was not even an attempt at impartiality. 

Can you please justify why the BBC was guilty of biased commentary.

Kind Regards 

2 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but the female at the start said Hearts make one change and Rob Lee isn't playing.

Apart from that it was a Celtic love in.Dodds should hang his head in shame.

Yep, she said Rob Lee.

Absolute amateurs the lot of them.

BBC Scotland Sports not fit for purpose.