Craig Gordon

Victorian

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, stirlo said:

I don't know the statistics but my memory of his first spell at the club was that his save rate for penalties was very poor. May just be partly bad luck but undoubtedly some keepers are better at penalties than others regardless of their overall game.

He's not a good penalty stopper. Quite poor record actually, I think it's because he's left sided. I'd like to see a study on left footed keepers penalty record. 

6 hours ago, stirlo said:

It was hit with plenty power but if he stayed in the middle he'd probably have stopped it. Given how many players hit their penalties down the middle these days it's surprising how keepers rarely stay in the middle of the goal. 

Especially CBs. If I was a manager I'd tell my GK to stay put if the taker is a centre back, particularly if he is not a usual penalty taker.

57 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Especially CBs. If I was a manager I'd tell my GK to stay put if the taker is a centre back, particularly if he is not a usual penalty taker.

To be fair to Craig, he's probably seen Ajer hit loads of class penalties before but the boy admitted he smashed it as he could hardly walk.