Craig Gordon

Victorian

I can't remember seeing any player more devastated after a defeat.  The guy is destroyed.

Thank you for the immense efforts big lad.  You're a credit to the club and a legend.

Edited by Victorian

Was brilliant I thought. Those long punts into the box and he just comes and catches. What a concept. By far best keeper on the park. Lennon will know letting him go could have cost them 10IAR

Could see how much it meant to him. Exactly what you want as a fan. Someone who plays for the club and its fans. Hope he’s here forever!  

Aside from the motivation to win it himself, he would have been delighted to have stopped Lennon. He was mucked about at Celtic which has probably cost him a starting place at the Euros next year. 

Still think he’ll win another trophy with us. And I don’t just mean the championship!

He will be hurting tonight but you better believe he will be pissing in his pants when Celtic do eventually blow 10iar and end the season trophyless!

Was willing him to just stand tall for Ajer's penalty as I could see he would smash it, but he'd have probably ended up in the back of the net with the ball if he'd got in the way...

37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I can't remember seeing any player more devastated after a defeat.  The guy is destroyed.

Thank you for the immense efforts big lad.  You're a credit to the club and a legend.

He gets two medals today....apparently due to playing for Celtic in earlier rounds......

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He gets two medals today....apparently due to playing for Celtic in earlier rounds......

he didn’t appear in any Scottish Cup game for Celtic. Unused substitute. 

43 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

He done his bit. Just a pity Kingsley and Wighton couldn't follow suit. 

What MOTM Kingsley? Goalscorer Kingsely? Okay then

58 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He was MOM for me.  At least three spectacular saves.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Gutted for him.

Side note, nothing overly critical after that but worth noting I thought his distribution was terrible today. 

It was. Four or five right out of play yet they still passed it back to him. 
Not great at the pens either but still top 3/4 in the country. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

he didn’t appear in any Scottish Cup game for Celtic. Unused substitute. 

He was on the bench so gets a medal apparently 

55 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Remember when people on here didn’t want him when Stendel was here. 😂

My psychiatrist is still treating the wounds from his repeatedly playing The Hologram in goals.

:jj_facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

What MOTM Kingsley? Goalscorer Kingsely? Okay then

I'm not having a go at Kingsley at all I'm just saying that Gordon done his bit in the shoot out and unfortunately Kingsley couldn't covert his PK. He had a very good game I agree. I think you have picked me up wrong. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

I'm not having a go at Kingsley at all I'm just saying that Gordon done his bit in the shoot out and unfortunately Kingsley couldn't covert his PK. He had a very good game I agree. I think you have picked me up wrong. 

Thought you were talking about the whole game and no just the shoot out. Apologies

42 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Was willing him to just stand tall for Ajer's penalty as I could see he would smash it, but he'd have probably ended up in the back of the net with the ball if he'd got in the way...

It was hit with plenty power but if he stayed in the middle he'd probably have stopped it. Given how many players hit their penalties down the middle these days it's surprising how keepers rarely stay in the middle of the goal. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Get the feeling his final days at Celtic have been somewhat played down. 

Bit of bad blood me thinks. 

Despite the shootout, look at their keepers compared to Craig. Not even close 

Still a top class goalie.   I felt that Robbie should have gone over to console him a bit at the end  when he was clearly upset after the penalties.  Does anyone have info about how many penalties Craig has saved during his career  ?         

10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Thought you were talking about the whole game and no just the shoot out. Apologies

No need to apologise. First half aside the whole team deserve huge credit for the way they fought back. Just a pity that the lottery of a shoot out beat us. 

He is a fantastic goalkeeper. However I thought he went to early at Eduardo's panenka.

My son is a goalie U13s for Spartans and I keep drumming into him, do not go until the striker hits it. 

Back your reflexes and never take your eye off the ball at a penalty.

Gorgie Boot boy

Craig is an inspiration.

He done well to save one, admitted that he has only saved 3-4 penalties in his career.

His composure and leadership qualities were there for all to see, massive viewers for this one game.

People are talking about Hearts for the right reasons, Craig is one of them.

Outstanding keeper and a role model for a new generation to admire and learn from.

10/10

He was absolutely gutted at the end. 

Really felt for him, he wanted it so much. 

Top class goalie and comes across as a really decent big guy. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Gutted for him.

Side note, nothing overly critical after that but worth noting I thought his distribution was terrible today. 

He is the most comfortable of all our left footed players on his right foot....

A class act and something all youngsters starting 

in the game should aspire to,unlike Scott Brown 

who is an embarrassment to his team with his

sportsmanship 

Really though this was going to be the Craig Gordon cup. Though he was going to be the difference & he did make some good saves throughout the game. You just need all the luck on the day vs them. 
gutted for the big man. Glad he’s back home.... still think he’s got a good few years in him too. 

Have to admit I was sceptical about bringing him back. How wrong could I have been still a top top goalie and really felt for him at the end. The young Celtic goalie will get all the plaudits for his penalty saves but apart from that I thought he was horrendous 

******* up after saving a pen and putting us in the driving seat probably added to his feeling of disappointment.

In that moment he probably felt that was the turning point after our solid opening penalties.

Hard luck big guy. We’re all destroyed. FTH

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

He is a fantastic goalkeeper. However I thought he went to early at Eduardo's panenka.

My son is a goalie U13s for Spartans and I keep drumming into him, do not go until the striker hits it. 

Back your reflexes and never take your eye off the ball at a penalty.

That’s what my Taid always told me. He played at a decent level and coached me as a keeper when I was at school.

Be loud. Let everyone know you’re coming and keep your eye on the ball 

1 hour ago, HillmanHearts said:

Love Craig but has never been the best penalty saver.

Strange comment even if it is true. In his two cup finals with us he’s saved 3 penalties! He did his job today. 

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Strange comment even if it is true. In his two cup finals with us he’s saved 3 penalties! He did his job today. 

I don't know the statistics but my memory of his first spell at the club was that his save rate for penalties was very poor. May just be partly bad luck but undoubtedly some keepers are better at penalties than others regardless of their overall game.

2 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Love Craig but has never been the best penalty saver.

Correct. He’s awesome but not that good at pens. Never has been.  Still saved one though and that could have been enough. 

For normally such a cool guy, I thought it was brilliant how blazing mad he got at the Panenka. 

As @Debut 4 says, he was probably more gutted because he done his bit by saving Christie's.

Brilliant having him back between the sticks.

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

I thought his distribution was terrible today. 

His distribution has always been terrible. His shot stopping has always been tip top mind.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, indianajones said:

Gutted for him.

Not as bad as their keeper tho. 

Their keeper ****ed up at every goal, kicked about 5 balls out then saves 2 shitty penalties - he's now a hero. 

Not fair.