6 subs

OODownie

Yes but Celtic subbed Duffy at the start of ET and then Brown during it.

91 mins

Post update

Celtic 2-2 Heart of Midlothian

Both sides use their additional substitution allowance immediately, with Mickey Johnston on for Celtic and Peter Haring on for Hearts.

Shane Duffy and Andy Halliday are the men making way.

They did 3 normal time, 3 ET. We did 3 normal time, 2 ET.

Seems strange? Since we kept halliday on when we could have subbed him. Then didn't use our last sub

Edited by MrBones

28 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

For the semi and final the rule was 5 subs and an extra one if it went to ET.

The original rules to the competition show 3+1

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1814/cup-competition-rules.pdf

The update for the 19/20 cup clearly states 5

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/festive-final-beckons-as-william-hill-scottish-cup-fixtures-confirmed/?rid=2107

For 20/21 it reverts to 3 + 1

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-202021-format-confirmed/#:~:text=Key changes to the format,of ties in each round.

No where do I see 5 + 1 or 6 mentioned...

Edited by Jap Jambo
clarity

13 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Didn’t understand myself. Said on another thread every time I turned it felt like Celtic were making lots of subs!

Either way, any wrong-doing would be swept under the carpet since it’s Lawwell’s Celtic but you’d think the management teams would know what they were doing so assuming that’s the case here!

23 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

The article for the update only gives an update on the rules that were changed. The rule change was 3 subs to 5 subs, the rule for the extra sub given in ET wasn't changed so wasn't mentioned. Yes it could have been clearer, but there was no conspiracy. 

The Future's Maroon

Seen a lot of this chat arising, clutching surely?

For the record my opinion we were getting pumped five or six nil after the first 45, got back into it and could have won it, took it to ET and still fought back...lost the lottery which is pens.

You're allowed 5 in 90 mins. They made 3 subs in 90 mins and any unused (I think) roll over to extra time.

So two roll over and then you are allowed an additional extra time sub, bringing the total to 6.

Edited by Homme

seems like we didnt understand the rules on subs, as we would have surely subbed halliday, and used our 6th sub

Though thats possibly because you're not allowed 6 subs?

Edited by MrBones

Just now, Mr Brightside said:

That would be epic but surely they know the rules?

Exactly that. And even if they had got it wrong (1000000-1) it would be the 4th official that would get the punishment. 

Dagger Is Back
59 minutes ago, Biko said:

Sure that tW@t Mcleod said "Hearts have used all three subs" when Haliday was injured in the last 5 minutes.

He did. You heard correctly. In saying that, McLeod couldn’t find the end of his @@@@ so hardly surprising the wee Celtic loving twat got it wrong 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

For the record my opinion we were getting pumped five or six nil after the first 45, got back into it and could have won it, took it to ET and still fought back...lost the lottery which is pens.

Eh really? We were getting pumped 5 or 6 nil? It was 2

If my Auntie had baws 

Liam McLeod is going to take over from Chick Young as my most loathed person around Scottish Football. A boak inducing, nauseatingly obsequious pointless sack of diarrhoea and parasite who adds zero value and is a complete waste of license payers' hard earned cash.

May his every future turd be a porcupine. I nearly put my foot through my telly today before I muted it.

Five allowed and one of goes to extra time. Duffy s was registered before the start of extra time, could have made an additional one in normal time.  McLeod didn’t have a clue. 

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Five allowed and one of goes to extra time. Duffy s was registered before the start of extra time, could have made an additional one in normal time.  McLeod didn’t have a clue. 

3 allowed and 1 additional sub in extra time. But I'm confused now, so... 

The rules are 5 subs in 90 mins, but you are only allowed to do it in 3 breaks of play, so you can't make 5 individual subs. If you make 3 individual subs that's you used up your allocation within 90 mins and can't make a fourth. 

In extra time you get an extra sub, so you can in theory make 6 subs in total depending on how you do it. 

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

3 allowed and 1 additional sub in extra time. But I'm confused now, so... 

That's the usual rules in a normal season.  The SFA announced a few months back for this year only it was 5 allowed with 1 extra in ET.   If you don't use your subs in normal time they can be carried also too.  We brought Henderson and Irving on in ET in the Semi for instance. 

So if Celtic today used 6 then they used 4 in normal time, carried 1 into ET and then used 2 then.  We must have known the rules because, as above, we used 2 subs in the previous pumping of Hibs. 

9 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

The rules are 5 subs in 90 mins, but you are only allowed to do it in 3 breaks of play, so you can't make 5 individual subs. If you make 3 individual subs that's you used up your allocation within 90 mins and can't make a fourth. 

In extra time you get an extra sub, so you can in theory make 6 subs in total depending on how you do it. 

You can take subs you don't use over into Extra time too.  

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That's the usual rules in a normal season.  The SFA announced a few months back for this year only it was 5 allowed with 1 extra in ET.   If you don't use your subs in normal time they can be carried also too.  We brought Henderson and Irving on in ET in the Semi for instance. 

So if Celtic today used 6 then they used 4 in normal time, carried 1 into ET and then used 2 then.  We must have known the rules because, as above, we used 2 subs in the previous pumping of Hibs. 

👍

7 hours ago, jvm32 said:

So according to the below, Celtic used 2 breaks in play to make 3 subs in normal time then used FT (Not a break in play? to make one more) then made an additional 2 in ET each in minutes 97 & 105...Is only the 97' change counted as a break in play and the ET HT (105') not considered a "break in play"? Total 2+1 Breaks in Play

By contrast Hearts made 3 "breaks in play" at during the second half, and additional not break in play at end of normal time and only 1 "break in play" one at 109'. Total 3+1 Breaks in play

image.png.d2ec2c74f084e2d8f2b3665ddf60e28e.png

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

So according to the below, Celtic used 2 breaks in play to make 3 subs in normal time then used FT (Not a break in play? to make one more) then made an additional 2 in ET each in minutes 97 & 105...Is only the 97' change counted as a break in play and the ET HT (105') not considered a "break in play"? Total 2+1 Breaks in Play

By contrast Hearts made 3 "breaks in play" at during the second half, and additional not break in play at end of normal time and only 1 "break in play" one at 109'. Total 3+1 Breaks in play

image.png.d2ec2c74f084e2d8f2b3665ddf60e28e.png

Yeh, thats my understanding of it, you are only allowed to break play 3 times, as far as I can tell half time in 90 mins and by that extension full time when ET is to be played and half time in ET don't count.

21 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

The annoying thing is the updated 2019/20 rules never seem to have been published in the public domain (unlike the original rules which can be found relatively easily).

The IFAB rules suggest 5+1 was allowed but the devil is in the detail of what the SFA rules specifically say.

avhudtheteeshirt

The Scottish Championship rules only allow for 3 subs in a game, I think this is where the anomaly lies.

All other Scottish Leagues allow 5 subs, but the Championship voted for only 3????? 

20 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I mean similar has happened before, including in two Celtic games in recent years.

Edited by number-16

I prefer 3x subs and agree with 1x in extra time.

I think 5 and then 6 subs will only ever suit the richest clubs and add to them taking in even more talent to sit on benches.  

I also think a free sub should be used for a head knock.  I know this rule may be abused but player safety after a head knock should be prioritised.

On 20/12/2020 at 19:51, MrBones said:

seems like we didnt understand the rules on subs, as we would have surely subbed halliday, and used our 6th sub

Though thats possibly because you're not allowed 6 subs?

My guess is that Halliday probably had cramp and could continue even though performing less than 100%. Had we subbed him then, one more injury and we'd be down to 10 men. So, better to keep Halliday on the pitch just in case we needed to sub someone who was completely crocked.

I can understand why a team that's a few goals up or down might commit all subs relatively early. But I'm often amazed when, in a tight match, a manager will commit all subs with maybe 20 minutes still to go. I'm risk-averse by nature, but it seems to me that you should try to keep one sub available in case of injuries.

9 minutes ago, Elshin said:

I also think a free sub should be used for a head knock.  I know this rule may be abused but player safety after a head knock should be prioritised.

Good idea, could also extend to blood substitutions.

Edited by 4marsbars

Gorgie Boot boy

This is mental.

I thought was 3 + ! in extra time.

it's up to the club , if they play their quota of subs.

Maybe we decided not to use as many subs.