Cup final officials

Malinga the Swinga

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Mad that people are now claiming a hun ref favours Celtic.

I don't think he favoured Celtic as such. He gave free kicks and bookings against us when we were under pressure and the same against Celtic when they were labouring. The problem areas are Edouard and Brown seemed to be untouchable - how did either of them get through that game without a yellow card, particularly Brown. Only way he seems to get a yellow is if he makes an opposition player leave the field with an injury... His face-pulling and baiting is unsportsmanlike in the extreme. His violent sleekit kicks and pulls are constantly ignored. Naismith does the same stuff but he was booked for it. Just seemed to be their captain and our captain got different treatment from the referee...again. 

15 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Yeah, sure. Nobody seemed to have a clue. If he’s yelling goal, goal, goal then he’s off back to the halfway line and it’s given without the need for technology. 

If the ball moved at all it would have been outside the triangle, and therefore illegal, as Christie placed it right on the edge. Your man made him replace it and we got a close up. 

Ginnelly was blatantly pushed in the back.

If Ginnelly had scored even one of his chances at the right time we wouldn’t be talking about this guff. And it’s an Arc not a triangle. 

So the officials were fine apart from it looks like they were not going to give a goal where the ball crossed the line 😂

Body language of official behind goal suggests he didn’t see it. 

Has happened before as well. 

16 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

It would be easier to name the Hearts players that weren't booked. Naismith"s booking due to Scott Brown's tactics who again gets away with murder.

Naismith's booking was justified (but I thought he had a great game - when Naismith runs out of mischief, that's when you need to worry)

Brown's non-booking was puzzling.

But no major complaints about the officials. From 45 minutes in it was a cracking game.

Scottie Wanshot.
21 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Congratulations to the official on goalline who never even noticed Celtic player punching ball away on our second goal. He was about 6 feet away and just stood there. 

Without goal line technology, that would have been ignored. 

Officials in Scotland are a disgrace. 

very true, he never seen there goalkeeper move off his line for the last 2 penalties.  and as you said they weren't going to give our goal.

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Mad that people are now claiming a hun ref favours Celtic.

As original poster, I never mentioned ref. The extra official on goal line was in that side looking right along goal line, and somehow managed not to see ball going in, nor Christie punch/arm it away from behind line. 

Without goal line technology, that would never have been given. 

What is the point of him being there when he refused to make decision which wasn't even dubious? 

Finally, how sad we actually have Rangers refs and Celtic refs. Can't we simply have neutral ones. 

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

very true, he never seen there goalkeeper move off his line for the last 2 penalties.  and as you said they weren't going to give our goal.

Oh, he saw keeper move all right, he just chose not to act on it. Big difference. 

The Old Tolbooth

Am I the only one who noticed Plug Broon dragging his studs down the back of Naisy's ankle in only the 3rd minute? That was a nailed on booking all day long and set the tone for them! 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

As original poster, I never mentioned ref. The extra official on goal line was in that side looking right along goal line, and somehow managed not to see ball going in, nor Christie punch/arm it away from behind line. 

What is the point of him being there when he refused to make decision which wasn't even dubious? 

Finally, how sad we actually have Rangers refs and Celtic refs. Can't we simply have neutral ones. 

I believe refs are neutral, I know one or two top level refs up here (I also work with one) and they're all genuinely good guys, who want to get every decision correct, no matter the team. Many won't agree with me but that's football.

It doesn't matter whether people believe the 5th official (or whatever they're called) was going to give the goal or not, he doesn't have to, he knows the technology is there to give the goal if it's over the line. No need to risk getting it wrong.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I believe refs are neutral, I know one or two top level refs up here (I also work with one) and they're all genuinely good guys, who want to get every decision correct, no matter the team. Many won't agree with me but that's football.

It doesn't matter whether people believe the 5th official (or whatever they're called) was going to give the goal or not, he doesn't have to, he knows the technology is there to give the goal if it's over the line. No need to risk getting it wrong.

So he just ignored handball. You believe he would have attracted attention of ref it had been on line, not over. 

Not a ****ing chance. 

Re our Hawkeye goal- originally I was raging but then I had a wee think about it. There’s no point in even looking whether or not the ball has crossed the line as they have technology for that. The additional official should have been looking out for a handball though. 

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Congratulations to the official on goalline who never even noticed Celtic player punching ball away on our second goal. He was about 6 feet away and just stood there. 

Indeed, and Beaton apologising to these diving cheating scumbags frantically pointing to his watch when they actually had the temerity to moan about the decision.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Am I the only one who noticed Plug Broon dragging his studs down the back of Naisy's ankle in only the 3rd minute? That was a nailed on booking all day long and set the tone for them! 

Yeah they mentioned it on Premier sports, he also booked two other players for jumping into the back of players but not the huge heid diver who also had about 4/5 fouls without even a word before he went off. 

2 hours ago, Jessjambo said:

If Ginnelly had scored even one of his chances at the right time we wouldn’t be talking about this guff. And it’s an Arc not a triangle

Potato, potaato. Yeah, it’s my argument that’s guff. 😉

Edited by Shaggy2

FWIW I thought Beaton was fine. His only big call was whether or not to give the equaliser, he could have shat out of it but didn't. 

Can only give him credit for that. Although, its sad that the standard is so poor we're praising him for showing a bit of bottle and making the right call. 

We need foreign referees. We should be lobbying for some sort of referee sharing agreement with the Scandinavian countries (Britain/Ireland too open to potential bias still). 

7 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So he just ignored handball. You believe he would have attracted attention of ref it had been on line, not over. 

Not a ****ing chance. 

You've lost the plot.

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, OTT said:

FWIW I thought Beaton was fine. His only big call was whether or not to give the equaliser, he could have shat out of it but didn't. 

Can only give him credit for that. Although, its sad that the standard is so poor we're praising him for showing a bit of bottle and making the right call. 

We need foreign referees. We should be lobbying for some sort of referee sharing agreement with the Scandinavian countries (Britain/Ireland too open to potential bias still). 

He couldn't have shat out of it, he had technology on wrist saying goal. 

Ex member of the SaS

Beaton was dire but he didn't cost us the game per say. He booked our players which causes them to hold back incase of getting a red. He gave them fouls where he ignore the same done to us. Some say it's incompetence but I will always call it cheating. The ONLY time they don't favour one of the bigots is when they play each other.

Just a thought, when EVERY fan out with the bigots say the same surely they can't all be wrong.

The fourth official and the linesmen all ignored fouls or misdemeanors and called it when we did the same. That is CHEATING, end off.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He couldn't have shat out of it, he had technology on wrist saying goal. 

Which is just as well as we were not getting a goal or a penalty for Christie handballing it out the net or a possible Red Card for him too.

If his watch hadn't bleeped he was taking up a position for a Celtic goal kick.

The buzzer result is relayed to the media hence (a) the TV director zoomed in on Beaton to show him knowing it was a goal and (b) Beaton could hardly not give it after that!

He would claim not to have seen handball, the goal line official would claim his view was "obscured" and the linesman would not wish to overrule the guy at the post....

Fortunately, they "got" there in the end!

The Johnston and Brown non-bookings would have evened up the count to what should be expected (if they were carded) with the same number of fouls each.

The clamour for action against Naismith is coz "that's why we never won in normal time" and allows Celtic to re-write history

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Which is just as well as we were not getting a goal or a penalty for Christie handballing it out the net or a possible Red Card for him too.

If his watch hadn't bleeped he was taking up a position for a Celtic goal kick.

Exactly. The fat ^^^^ should’ve pointed to the spot and had the red card in hand for Christie. Instead he was jogging back to the halfway line when his watch must’ve been buzzing. You could actually see the pain in his face when he was apologising to the Celtic players and pointing to his watch! 

20 hours ago, OTT said:

Nothing wrong with getting English refs to come up.  It's not far.   Welsh too. 

Maybe not Ireland though 🤣

5 hours ago, DS98 said:

Exactly. The fat ^^^^ should’ve pointed to the spot and had the red card in hand for Christie. Instead he was jogging back to the halfway line when his watch must’ve been buzzing. You could actually see the pain in his face when he was apologising to the Celtic players and pointing to his watch! 

You don't get double jerpardy if it goes in the net.  If he'd kept it out then its a pen and red. 

24 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

You don't get double jerpardy if it goes in the net.  If he'd kept it out then its a pen and red. 

No chance that would've happened. All 3 officials "missed" the handball. Forget all the debate aout VAR, our officials need all the technological "help" they can get - just to prevent them copping out of the difficult calls against the OF. The watch tapping proved that. 

32 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Thank you captain obvious. 

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Ref was fine. I thought every yellow was correct. 

People get paronid about refs. 

What about the “no” yellows for the exact same fouls as the correct yellows?

All we ever want as fans is consistency.

Is it to much to ask?

15 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Ref was fine. I thought every yellow was correct. 

People get paronid about refs. 

That may be the case but simlar offences by Celtic players did not result in a yellow.

It is the consistancy that matters not the offences, exaclty the issue when our officals openly admit they referee the ugly sisters' games differently such as not making early bookings.

An admission that shows they are indeed biased.

Edited by Biko

On 21/12/2020 at 15:28, Malinga the Swinga said:

They let play go on until goal line technology makes its decision.

Nothing to do with officials giving the goal.

On 20/12/2020 at 17:23, Malinga the Swinga said:

I wondered if that should have been a sending off? It even looked as if two Celtic players fisted the ball.

On 20/12/2020 at 17:26, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Still cant understand why nothing was made of this. Crazy stuff 

No need to ask really, I'm pretty sure neither commentator mentioned it, we were muted at the time so can't be sure.

7 minutes ago, Biko said:

That may be the case but simlar offences by Celtic players did not result in a yellow.

It is the consistancy that matters not the offences, exaclty the issue when our officals openly admit they referee the ugly sisters' games differently such as not making early bookings.

An admission that shows they are indeed biased.

I agree. Yellows for tims shud happen more. 

10 minutes ago, benny said:

They let play go on until goal line technology makes its decision.

Nothing to do with officials giving the goal.

That’s fine. If you’ve got the technology then by all means wait until your watch buzzes. Makes sense.

But it’s the fact that he was waddling back to the half way line ready for the goal kick which clearly proves that he nor his 5 officials were going to give a penalty/red card if his watch never buzzed. 

How that huge heided French never got booked either is galling. It was the usual book every Hearts player who farts then give a token booking to a Celtic player later on so it doesn’t look bad. The card count looked even at the end but at one point it was 4 or 5 to us and none to them. 

Pasquale for King

One of the excuses that are made for these corrupt west coast individuals is that the fans of the uglies screaming at them influences 50/50 decisions etc, can’t say that now. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 21/12/2020 at 14:55, Jessjambo said:

If Ginnelly had scored even one of his chances at the right time we wouldn’t be talking about this guff. And it’s an Arc not a triangle. 

I think we would actually.