Cup final officials

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

Congratulations to the official on goalline who never even noticed Celtic player punching ball away on our second goal. He was about 6 feet away and just stood there. 

Without goal line technology, that would have been ignored. 

Officials in Scotland are a disgrace. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Fourth rate officials run by a third rate football association.

Someone explain the non consistency of these total **** ups.

Naismith booked, not brown,

Walker booked, not Johnston (same foul)

Pretty much impossible to expect the correct call against these cheats.

I’m absolutely gutted right now that we didn’t win today.

The ref was fine.  I thought every booking was deserved by both teams.  Scot brown could have been added but that's all. 

P. S.  You don't get a card if you handle the ball on the line after it goes in or if it goes in anyway.  Goal is the decision. 

8 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The ref was fine.  I thought every booking was deserved by both teams.  Scot brown could have been added but that's all. 

P. S.  You don't get a card if you handle the ball on the line after it goes in or if it goes in anyway.  Goal is the decision. 

The point he is making is if there was no goal line technology they would've just played on

Spitonastranger
10 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

They wouldn't have given the goal without the technology 

thehibsareintheirbeds
11 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

But surely if you don't give a goal as was the case originally, you give a penalty and a card??? Beaton did neither until it was confirmed over line?

14 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Fourth rate officials run by a third rate football association.

Someone explain the non consistency of these total **** ups.

Naismith booked, not brown,

Walker booked, not Johnston (same foul)

Pretty much impossible to expect the correct call against these cheats.

I’m absolutely gutted right now that we didn’t win today.

Exactly as I saw it. Beaton gave us bugger all and looked to card our players at every opportunity while ignoring the infringements by Celtic players. Proud of our lads, but the refereeing performance was just what I expected from that fud.

Said it all along... they can’t get away with technology. Beaton was forced into that. 

Think of all the soft decisions we have had against us through there over the years against OF. 

alwaysthereinspirit
31 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

You forgot Johnston. Ripping an opponent’s shirt off his back is a yellow every day. Even on a Sunday in a world televised national cup final.

The least the GFA could do is have the game officiated by someone with a clue.

53 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Congratulations to the official on goalline who never even noticed Celtic player punching ball away on our second goal. He was about 6 feet away and just stood there. 

Correct. All 50/50s went the way of Celtic as well.

Not blaming ref for defeat.

With the exception of Brown not being booked I thought officials were fine certainly didn't effect result.

Not seeing the handball for our second goal let alone the ball being over the line is the exact reason why hawkeye was in operation so don't see what the fuss is about it did exactly what it's supposed to do! 

55 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Have to say, I agree.

2 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

With the exception of Brown not being booked I thought officials were fine certainly didn't effect result.

Not seeing the handball for our second goal let alone the ball being over the line is the exact reason why hawkeye was in operation so don't see what the fuss is about it did exactly what it's supposed to do! 

I agree. I am a firm critic of Beaton but I thought he was fine today. The players seemed fine with him as well, which tells you a lot. If we are being honest the mass of bodies made the goal and the handball very difficult to spot - I certainly didn't see it clearly even at the second viewing from the elevated TV position. I actually thought the shouts were for a penalty, so how the referee was meant to spot it I really don't know.  

Without goal line tech we wouldn't have got the second goal.

An then Brown headbutted Naisy's hand on the goal line and got the wee man booked. 

I can see why Celtic wouldn't want an Atlantic League where it would be a level playing field with impartial refs, and an even divi up of sponsorship money.

36 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct. All 50/50s went the way of Celtic as well.

Not blaming ref for defeat.

I don’t think you can really blame anyone for the defeat. Yes a poor first half but we clawed our way back from that when Celtic should have been out of sight. Celtic wobbled and we got back in but we never had them under consistent enough pressure to push past them. A wee bit more quality and composure and we’d have won it in normal time and possibly even in extra time. Penalties. Well the whole point of a penalty shoot out is someone gets it wrong and misses or the keeper saves. Can’t really point at Kingsley or Wighton and ‘blame’ them for losing. We weren’t good collectively or tactically first half. If we had been as good first half as we were second half we’re winning that game in 90 minutes. Just little things and not much luck. I’m over it already as we did pretty well for the most part. Disappointed yes but angry or disheartened. Nah, we’ll be fine.

On the officials ? They missed the goal and they missed the handball and only the tech gave us that goal. A bit card happy too but didn’t cost us the game in any way I don’t think

Edited by JimmyCant

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think you can really blame anyone for the defeat. Yes a poor first half but we clawed our way back from that when Celtic should have been out of sight. Celtic wobbled and we got back in but we never had them under consistent enough pressure to push past them. A wee bit more quality and composure and we’d have won it in normal time and possibly even in extra time. Penalties. Well the whole point of a penalty shoot out is someone gets it wrong and misses or the keeper saves. Can’t really point at Kingsley or Wighton and ‘blame’ them for losing. We weren’t good collectively or tactically first half. If we had been as good first half as we were second half we’re winning that game in 90 minutes. Just little things and not much luck. I’m over it already as we did pretty well for the most part. Disappointed yes but angry or disheartened. Nah, we’ll be fine.

On the officials ? They missed the goal and they missed the handball and only the tech gave us that goal. A bit card happy too but didn’t cost us the game in any way I don’t think

We had 4 yellow cards before their first (71 mins)

Cards can change the way a player plays.

Its an easy way to control the flow of a game.

We had Gordon, Halliday, Walker and Naismith booked before any of their players supposedly made any tackles worthy of a yellow. I thought they also said Neilson was booked at half time. 
We should know why Walker was booked and Johnston wasn’t.

2 hours ago, Gone said:

The point he is making is if there was no goal line technology they would've just played on

I said that at the time! Disgrace the goal line official did not signal the goal.

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Think the posters point is that neither Beaton or the official on the goal line saw the handball because both were about to let play continue until Beatons buzzer went off. 

2 hours ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

But surely if you don't give a goal as was the case originally, you give a penalty and a card??? Beaton did neither until it was confirmed over line?

It was going to be interesting if his buzzer hadn’t gone off. Suspect we would have had at least one red in the stramash that would have followed. 

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I agree. I am a firm critic of Beaton but I thought he was fine today. The players seemed fine with him as well, which tells you a lot. If we are being honest the mass of bodies made the goal and the handball very difficult to spot - I certainly didn't see it clearly even at the second viewing from the elevated TV position. I actually thought the shouts were for a penalty, so how the referee was meant to spot it I really don't know.  

The official on the goal line was about four metres away and had a clear view. 

Beaton or any ref will wait to feel the buzzer or a flag from the linesman (who is side on) before giving a goal. 

He knows the buzzer exists so won't give something he can't see clearly.   

4th official is nearby too. 

2 hours ago, Gone said:

And you better.

Believe ir

The corner for Griffiths' goal was while the ball was moving. It should have been retaken and no goal. The officials and the commentators just ignored the rules

Gorgie Boot boy

Had no issues with the ref or linesman , not that i remember right now.

Surprised as i was expecting to be screaming at them a lot.

Cairneyhill Jambo
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I agree with most of your post but 'A bit card Happy too'? we had 6 players on a yellow card that would affected how they played the rest of the game. 

JennytheJambo
4 hours ago, Gone said:

If you wore maroon and farted today you were in the book

It would be easier to name the Hearts players that weren't booked. Naismith"s booking due to Scott Brown's tactics who again gets away with murder.

4 hours ago, Boghell51 said:

Ball was moving as corner was taken at 3rd goal yet linesman standing next to it misses it

I thought I’d imagined that and was going to watch it back. I was also pissed off that Hazard was about two yards off his line when he saved Wighton’s penalty. Probably a good couple of feet off it when it was struck.

3 minutes ago, Jessjambo said:

I thought the far side linesman

G. Leslie was really great. 

Sorry if you know him, I believe he is a Hearts man but he was:

The one who needed technology to assist him, missed the ball moving as Christie took the corner that led to the third and who gave us a throw in the 95th minute when Ginnelly was bundled over right in front of him? I really fancied another free kick on top of that goalie when they’d have had no time to respond.

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Sorry if you know him, I believe he is a Hearts man but he was:

The one who needed technology to assist him, missed the ball moving as Christie took the corner that led to the third and who gave us a throw in the 95th minute when Ginnelly was bundled over right in front of him? I really fancied another free kick on top of that goalie when they’d have had no time to respond.

How do you know he needed technology? Maybe he was screaming Goal Goal Goal for all we know - while Beaton pointed at his wee watch? Yes the ball moved, then stopped!
Ginnelly could’ve been stronger but,... okay. You can have that one. Other than that I thought he was great. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure what those guys do. They don't make any signals though,  so could be misleading. Did seem as if the goal wasn't awarded play would continue. 

2 anomalies for me. Wighton booked for an aerial challenge, Edouard got off with one,  Walker was an obviously booking, shirt pull, but no yellow for Johnston for another extended shirt pull.

Probably not a great impact on the game,  but example of how its not a level playing field 

3 minutes ago, Jessjambo said:

How do you know he needed technology? Maybe he was screaming Goal Goal Goal for all we know - while Beaton pointed at his wee watch? Yes the ball moved, then stopped!
Ginnelly could’ve been stronger but,... okay. You can have that one. Other than that I thought he was great. 

Yeah, sure. Nobody seemed to have a clue. If he’s yelling goal, goal, goal then he’s off back to the halfway line and it’s given without the need for technology. 

If the ball moved at all it would have been outside the triangle, and therefore illegal, as Christie placed it right on the edge. Your man made him replace it and we got a close up. 

Ginnelly was blatantly pushed in the back.

5 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Beaton did his usual.  Hearts player comes together with Celtic player foul.  Celtic player comes together, even push in the back, most of the time nothing.

It's the kind of insidious little biases that Beaton excels in and, perhaps he felt that he had to prove he wasn't biased against Celtic.

Playing the Uglies is always the same.  A few of our yellows were nonsense and how many fouls did Edouard commit and what about that push in the back, for which a hearts player had been booked earlier.  Just because he never sent any of our players off or give a penalty, yea, by these standards he had a great game.

The only thing that really annoyed me was that Brown was again free to make as many fouls as he wants. 

The more technology we get to "assist" the referees the better. Without the chip in the ball and the buzzer on the watch, we'd be bemoaning a dreadful injustice tonight. Bias or incompetence, doesn't really matter. They just cannot seem to get the big decisions right in Scotland - what are those extra officials for? they are merely a Covid risk and nothing else...

People do realise we got more fouls for us than against?  Brown should have been booked early doors but so should Naismith.  

Goal line technology is a blessing and deep down I think without it the goal would have been ignored but you can't just claim that no goal or no pen would have been given 100% :lol:  watching it and looking at the players reactions I thought it was more of a penalty and sending off than a goal live also.   The ref has his watch to indicate if the ball crosses the line first and foremost, then questions are asked. 

Jambof3tornado
13 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What was the delay given the goal line technology automatically buzzes the refs arm? 

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

People do realise we got more fouls for us than against?  Brown should have been booked early doors but so should Naismith.  

Goal line technology is a blessing and deep down I think without it the goal would have been ignored but you can't just claim that no goal or no pen would have been given 100% :lol:  watching it and looking at the players reactions I thought it was more of a penalty and sending off than a goal live also.   The ref has his watch to indicate if the ball crosses the line first and foremost, then questions are asked. 

I didn’t think they were awful as such but we didn’t really benefit from any 50/50 calls. Doesn’t your first point strengthen the argument? As usual, our bookings per fouls ratio will absolutely dwarf theirs.

In hindsight I think I’d rather have had a penalty and their best player red carded but the delay between the ball going in and the goal being given meant they’d missed it so I 100% believe we weren’t getting that call. Game should have been stopped immediately and then the technology would, rightly, have saved Christie. 

57 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I didn’t think they were awful as such but we didn’t really benefit from any 50/50 calls. Doesn’t your first point strengthen the argument? As usual, our bookings per fouls ratio will absolutely dwarf theirs.

In hindsight I think I’d rather have had a penalty and their best player red carded but the delay between the ball going in and the goal being given meant they’d missed it so I 100% believe we weren’t getting that call. Game should have been stopped immediately and then the technology would, rightly, have saved Christie. 

I genuinely think the ref was strong mate, it played into our hands because we got lots of set pieces into their box.  Usually they would be the ones that get overlooked and only blatant ones given.  I was happy and actually cheering when we got free kicks yesterday because I knew it was a great chance, hence the goals and I said similar at half time it was what we needed to do on the match thread.   

21 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m sure their keeper was miles off his line for the last 2 of our penalties.

Watch them again and report back then cheers.  **** that for a laugh. 

16 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nothing new and not surprised, our game is run by these guys.

download (4).jpg

Ex member of the SaS

People saying they were not bad! They were the usual biased cheats. No cards for Celtic players including when Edouard jumped on his back. A quick yellow when we did it but no card for them or for Brown who cheated his way through the game in his usual manner.

I am surprisingly not bothered about losing as we were never meant to win it. I feel certain that their last penalty he would have insisted Gordon left his line should they have missed or some other infringement should it be us taking the winning kick.

It was Celtic's game to lose and they nearly did. Proud of how our players fought back and listening to the commentary you would think Celtic were the only team on the pitch.

This whole game was a fix from the minute they decided to play simply to give Celtic the quad treble. A meaningless title.