• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• SectionDJambo

• Kiwidoug

• Last Laff

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

He is a despicable individual. Utterly repulsive in his unsporting behaviour. 

For him to be held in the same sort of regard as the likes of Billy McNeill shows only how low and classless Celtic have become.

A good few years ago now, when my son was very young, when we turned up at our seats at the back of the Wheatfield , Billy McNeill was sitting right next to us, in an area reserved that day, underneath the camera gantry, for tv coverage. It was a game against Celtic. He was an absolute gent, spoke with my son about the match and signed his programme for him. 

Despite the fact that he was a Celtic man, and Celtic won quite easily, he never attracted one hostile comment from any Hearts fans sitting around him. Remember, he had been Hibs manager for a spell too. It was a sure sign of the respect that opposition fans had for the man.

There is no chance of the likes of Brown being respected in the same way, because of the ignorant way he conducts himself and the fact that he is nowhere near as successful a footballer as Billy McNeill was. I heard, fairly recently, that the Sportsound idiots were trying to put Brown at the same level as Dave Mackay. Laughable.

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

A good few years ago now, when my son was very young, when we turned up at our seats at the back of the Wheatfield , Billy McNeill was sitting right next to us, in an area reserved that day, underneath the camera gantry, for tv coverage. It was a game against Celtic. He was an absolute gent, spoke with my son about the match and signed his programme for him. 

Despite the fact that he was a Celtic man, and Celtic won quite easily, he never attracted one hostile comment from any Hearts fans sitting around him. Remember, he had been Hibs manager for a spell too. It was a sure sign of the respect that opposition fans had for the man.

There is no chance of the likes of Brown being respected in the same way, because of the ignorant way he conducts himself and the fact that he is nowhere near as successful a footballer as Billy McNeill was. I heard, fairly recently, that the Sportsound idiots were trying to put Brown at the same level as Dave Mackay. Laughable.

Dave MacKay was a mainstay of one of the greatest teams ever assembled, in the days before maximum wage rules were written off. Brown plays for a Celtic team that has financially bullied the league they are in without their biggest financial rival on the same level. Laughable that anyone could compare them. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

good post. Scott Brown is a failed human and an average footballer. Would never made made it into an EPL midfield never mind regarded as one of the greatest of all time

Felix Lighter

I remember after the passing of Dave Mackay I heard an interview with Tommy Docherty eulogising, he was asked where DM was in the grand scheme of all time Scottish greats, "...top five?" he was asked. The Doc replied "higher".

Browney will never get a sniff of a place in an all time Scotland team, never mind his horrible pus on a Royal Mail stamp.

Edited by Felix Lighter

Gorgie Boot boy

It wouldn't matter what football club the scumbag played for.

He would be as hated as he is right now,

He got lucky, when Rangers died.

Sums it up really.

south morocco
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Dave MacKay was a mainstay of one of the greatest teams ever assembled, in the days before maximum wage rules were written off. Brown plays for a Celtic team that has financially bullied the league they are in without their biggest financial rival on the same level. Laughable that anyone could compare them. 

Imagine Brown trying his xxxx with Dave Mackay in the current hearts side

I had the misfortune of seeing a promo advert for a Celtic treble-treble video. 

It was probably linked on here, to be fair, for a laugh.

Anyway, I recall Callum McGregor in the film saying that the achievement of the so-called treble-treble was up there with that of the Lisbon Lions.

That's what I was meaning with brown being compared to McNeill. They're comparing themselves to the Celtic greats. 

It makes me sick.

The cringeworthy self-congratulatory garbage that comes from their own mouths makes me want to vomit.

I feel such pity for them.

Collecting the bulk of those trophies at a time when their nearest rivals had a mere 5-20% of their own playing budget. Come on. What a hollow achievement.

And then on Sunday Neil Lennon describes himself as being in a "unique band of one".

The behaviour of this current crop of celtic players and their manager in response to their collecting of these trophies is utterly cringeworthy and shameless.

I met Billy McNeill 3 times at sportsman dinners where he was an afte rdinner speaker (once along with Frank McAvennie which was one of the funniest nights of my life but I digress).  I twice got into conversations with him and, by God almighty, what a gentleman he was.  A man who loved his club like no other.

Scott Brown would not even make it as a skid mark on Mr McNeill's underpants.

Gorgie Boot boy
16 hours ago, south morocco said:

Imagine Brown trying his xxxx with Dave Mackay in the current hearts side

What would be your first team choice if you could pick players past and present.

Full squad would be great work.

Really wish we would concentrate on our own problems and stop giving these guys the time of day. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

What makes it worse, is that i know that he's a good guy in real life. It's all bravado and he get's off on people raging about him. 

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What makes it worse, is that i know that he's a good guy in real life. It's all bravado and he get's off on people raging about him. 

He'll be sorted if grant stott gives up the panto then. Oh yes he will... 

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If he’s ‘getting off’ about people raging about him, that’s hardly an endorsement of his good guy credentials, is it?

Think about it. I know it’s tough.

9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

If he’s ‘getting off’ about people raging about him, that’s hardly an endorsement of his good guy credentials, is it?

Think about it. I know it’s tough.

I hate the C, but fecksake, half the forum is about him, commentators and refs being against us. If we had a good team, we wouldn't have to worry about that shit, it's just another excuse. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

You're going to hate this, but as much as i love Naismith having a go at him, Naismith was lucky to stay on the field, easy 2 yellow cards. easy. I was shouting at him at the time. 

On 24/12/2020 at 06:37, Hearts_fan said:

He is a despicable individual. Utterly repulsive in his unsporting behaviour. 

For him to be held in the same sort of regard as the likes of Billy McNeill shows only how low and classless Celtic have become.

Comparing Brown to players like Dave Mackay or Billy McNeill is narcotic induced fantasy.  He completely lacks their character, their ability and the respect in which they are held.

He is a bullying, ugly ned.

52 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're going to hate this, but as much as i love Naismith having a go at him, Naismith was lucky to stay on the field, easy 2 yellow cards. easy. I was shouting at him at the time. 

Surprisingly, you are right.  Normally I like fiction but I hate that utter tripe.  I'm sure you know better than most, that Hibs have a knack of producing these utter neds.

8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I hate the C, but fecksake, half the forum is about him, commentators and refs being against us. If we had a good team, we wouldn't have to worry about that shit, it's just another excuse. 

Refs are not an excuse its a harsh fact of life, hopeless and this will never change, anyway merry xmas GJ.

55 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

His official team photo

20201220_142136.jpg

Now this made me laugh 😂 if only the simian was less intelligent looking it would be a perfect match 😂😂

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Comparing Brown to players like Dave Mackay or Billy McNeill is narcotic induced fantasy.  He completely lacks their character, their ability and the respect in which they are held.

He is a bullying, ugly ned.

It’s people now. Going more into the gutter and a Brown is an example. We’ve always hated Celtic players but never in the way we hate Brown. 

Roy Aitken, Peter Grant....hated for various reasons but I actually don’t think it was for the type of person they portrayed. They were just competitive men on the field of play who rubbed up fans the wrong way with simply being winners in their style. They tried it on with refs, always seemed to be in your face but never in the ned-ish way Brown does. 

RA was a respectable guy off it. My Brother-in-Law is a lifelong friend of Neil Berry. He told him Aitken, as captain, always tried to be the last to leave the players lounge at Tynie on Celtic’s behalf and he went around families of the Hearts players being complimentary. 

Dickheads like Brown don’t have the class. 

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fair point, although Brown is still a *****. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 hours ago, rubyruby said:

His official team photo

20201220_142136.jpg

Where's yer elbows now

Dingle dangle ya spangle.