Sale Sharks v Edinburgh RFC

Dawnrazor

Now I know Rugby is not everyone's cup of tea but Edinburgh beat Sale Sharks tonight by 1 point at Sale, what a fantastic result.

Malinga the Swinga

Watched it on BT. Great and unexpected result for Edinburgh. Watson and forward pack were tremendous, especially in second half. 

26 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

That's a great result for Edinburgh considering the start to the season they have had.

They were 12 nil down for a while, a great comeback. Sale are our nearest Premier club and we, used to, go and see them when we could, they're a bloody good side and for Edinburgh to beat them at home was great. 

willie wallace
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They were 12 nil down for a while, a great comeback. Sale are our nearest Premier club and we, used to, go and see them when we could, they're a bloody good side and for Edinburgh to beat them at home was great. 

Were they not owned by a Hibs fan at some stage.

4 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Were they not owned by a Hibs fan at some stage.

****ing hell don't tell me that😳😳😳😳

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Anybody know of free-to-view highlights available?

Not sure Boof, I watch it on BT Sport.

Used to go to lots of games but got sickened by ridiculous coach appointments and gravy train player contracts. Got back into it a bit. Last season and thought about getting a ST thank f I didn’t 

2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Carruthers?

Not sure, we've only really got into Rugby this last 4 years since my laddie started playing, I was a Jambo and Whitehill Welfare man before that. I've really taken to it which surprised me, the boy loves it.

1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Used to go to lots of games but got sickened by ridiculous coach appointments and gravy train player contracts. Got back into it a bit. Last season and thought about getting a ST thank f I didn’t 

Edinburgh?

Just now, Hesh said:

Yes Edinburgh 

I'll try and get up for a game when possible, it'd be great to tie it up with a home game at Tyneside.

willie wallace
11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

****ing hell don't tell me that😳😳😳😳

😃😃Brian Kennedy was the guy.Not sure if he was a Hibs fan but he apparently tried to buy them.

Ironically he went to Tynie High School.

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'll try and get up for a game when possible, it'd be great to tie it up with a home game at Tynecastle.

Managed that once - v Cardiff, for whom Martin Williams had a great game and Dundee United on the Saturday who succumbed to a Laryea Kingston strike. Think Utd might have had a couple of lads sent off. 12/13 years back.

Met up with a few JKBers in Diggers on the Friday night - good weekend :) 

Edited by Boof

Just now, Boof said:

Managed that once - v Cardiff, for whom Martin Williams had a great game and Dundee United on the Saturday who succumbed to a Laryea Kingston strike. Think Utd might have had a couple of lads sent off. 12/13 years back.

Met up with a few JKBers in Diggers on the Friday night - good weekend :) 

Sounds great👍

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not sure, we've only really got into Rugby this last 4 years since my laddie started playing, I was a Jambo and Whitehill Welfare man before that. I've really taken to it which surprised me, the boy loves it.

The Carruthers brothers took on the Club but don’t know if they are hibbys.  Like rugby and still do the international circuit. Some aspects of the game I prefer to football.

my laddie played too but lots of the kids started getting serious injuries so. He made a choice to focus on football. Rugby is in a bit of a state here due to the vid.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If I remember correctly his last name was Kennedy. 

The Curruthers took part ownership of Edinburgh for a couple of seasons. Kennedy owned sale sharks and according to wiki looked to buy hibs 

Seymour M Hersh
54 minutes ago, Hesh said:

The Curruthers took part ownership of Edinburgh for a couple of seasons. Kennedy owned sale sharks and according to wiki looked to buy hibs 

I thought you were talking about Sale.