Bad Luck Stories.

Greedy Jambo

I P Knightley

On the interview theme: I arrived early for an interview and was shown to the canteen to get a cup of tea. There was someone in the queue who I knew and I was chatting to her when I came to the tea machine. Didn't notice that I'd pressed the tea button twice and was holding the cup in my left hand under the stream of boiling water which, inevitably overflowed and scalded the fingers of my left hand.

I had enough time to go to the lavvies and run my fingers under the cold water for a few minutes but the damage was pretty much done. I sat through the interview in front of a panel of three, all the while lifting my left hand towards my face to gently blow on my finger tips.

Towards the end of the interview, the panel was thanking me for coming all that way and making an effort with my appearance (my best interview suit had perhaps distracted them from my weird finger blowing?) Then one of them said, "you wouldn't believe what some people turn up like for interviews; some of them even sit there with their flies all the way down! Ha, ha!". As I joined the laughter, I noticed that another bloke in panel was using his eyes and eyebrows to draw my attention towards my own flies which were, yes, all the way down. I'd been too busy faffing about my burnt fingers to remember to pull up my flies.

Drove all the way home with my fingers out the window and the next day, I was offered the position.

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

On the interview theme: I arrived early for an interview and was shown to the canteen to get a cup of tea. There was someone in the queue who I knew and I was chatting to her when I came to the tea machine. Didn't notice that I'd pressed the tea button twice and was holding the cup in my left hand under the stream of boiling water which, inevitably overflowed and scalded the fingers of my left hand.

I had enough time to go to the lavvies and run my fingers under the cold water for a few minutes but the damage was pretty much done. I sat through the interview in front of a panel of three, all the while lifting my left hand towards my face to gently blow on my finger tips.

Towards the end of the interview, the panel was thanking me for coming all that way and making an effort with my appearance (my best interview suit had perhaps distracted them from my weird finger blowing?) Then one of them said, "you wouldn't believe what some people turn up like for interviews; some of them even sit there with their flies all the way down! Ha, ha!". As I joined the laughter, I noticed that another bloke in panel was using his eyes and eyebrows to draw my attention towards my own flies which were, yes, all the way down. I'd been too busy faffing about my burnt fingers to remember to pull up my flies.

Drove all the way home with my fingers out the window and the next day, I was offered the position.

Brilliant,🙂

7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

👍 good story. Happy ending as well. 

Felix Lighter

Early 2011, after my father passed away, I inherited a bit of cash. I spent 7k on gold sovereigns, 3k on silver britannia coins and tried to spend 2k on bitcoin. The bitcoin was a recommendation by Max Keiser,  who at that time was telling anyone who'd listen that bitcoin would eventually hit 100k. I tried to buy at around $2 a pop, but the vendor would only accept credit card payment, which at the time I didn't have, so ended up not bothering.:mad:

I console myself by saying I probably would have cashed in at around £25, but then part of me thinks I'd have heeded Max Keiser and remained disciplined. 

Back then I used to watch Max' show, The Keiser Report, religiously 'cause he's a top bloke imo, but now can't bring myself to watch.

Sair yin likes.    

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

👍 good story. Happy ending as well. 

I never took it. I wasn't sure I wanted to work for blokes who enjoyed looking into my trousers.

15 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I never took it. I wasn't sure I wanted to work for blokes who enjoyed looking into my trousers.

I was going to say, maybe that's how you were offered the job 😂

Might try that myself, sit there with my baws hanging out.