Coca-Cola cup final Hearts v Rangers 96

jamtartan74

Don't Look Back in Anger at HT

Scenes when Robbo equalised 

What a game, sore defeat but definitely set us up for the big cup in 98. 

Time to avenge that Edouard dive tomorrow! 

Stephane Grappelli
14 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Been meaning to watch this game back for years and only just got round to doing it now. If any of you young pups haven’t watched it back I urge you to do so, what a game that was. The 2nd half in particular we were outstanding, but typical of Gazza to go and bang in a couple totally against the run of play to effectively kill us off.  Colin Cameron was brilliant. But as most of us will remember that day for is a young Neil McCann, wow just wow. I always remember that game for how good he was that day but watching it back he was incredible, the best performance from a Hearts individual you will likely see, truly breathtaking. But as a whole, we were brilliant that 2nd half, the result (4-3) was not a true reflection of how the game went. Hopefully we put in a similar performance on Sunday and Ginnelly or someone puts in a performance like that young man did that day and the result goes our way this time. Come on the Heeeeeeaaaarrrrttttsss 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

oops move to the terrace please mods 🤦🏻‍♂️

FTFY

but typical of Gazza to go and bang in a couple totally against the run of play to effectively kill us off after elbowing his way through the game with impunity and the crucial third goal coming from a throw in to them which should have been a free kick for us, aided and abetted by that biased Rangers ***** Hugh Dallas.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, JamTarts98 said:

Did she hit the target? 

Hit the stupid support for the roof, that was in front of our view.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Hit the stupid support for the roof, that was in front of our view.

I was in the old main lower nearest the Rangers end. Robbo's equaliser is the greatest feeling I've had when a goal when in (only 11 at Tannadice 86). Amazing support that day. 

Diadora Van Basten

I was on the last seat before the Rangers fans at that game was quite good fun. I think that match showed we could do it and laid the groundwork for the 98 final. It didn’t feel like a defeat we were terrific that day. I am sure Gazza downed two nips that day and was unplayable.

That late 90s team is still my favourite Hearts line-up, though the 2005 vintage comes pretty close. Could definitely feel we were turning a corner, especially after the doing we took in the previous final. 

2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

That late 90s team is still my favourite Hearts line-up, though the 2005 vintage comes pretty close. Could definitely feel we were turning a corner, especially after the doing we took in the previous final. 

It’s definitely up there for me too. Tbh, if you started going to games regularly from the mid 80s, it was pretty much a decent 20 years inc the 2005 team.  There was dips but we often recovered quick to produce another good team to watch.  👍🏻

I kinda remember that at full time the Rangers fans just kinda slunk away despite it being one of the best and closest finals for yonks

Summed up their entitlement

25 minutes ago, the general said:

I kinda remember that at full time the Rangers fans just kinda slunk away despite it being one of the best and closest finals for yonks

Summed up their entitlement

They always do that. Pricks.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s definitely up there for me too. Tbh, if you started going to games regularly from the mid 80s, it was pretty much a decent 20 years inc the 2005 team.  There was dips but we often recovered quick to produce another good team to watch.  👍🏻

The very late 90s, ie 1999, jj started signing some dross.   Petric,,, James,, Simpson,,, mckinnon,,, fabian leqcui or something,, make. 

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The very late 90s, ie 1999, jj started signing some dross.   Petric,,, James,, Simpson,,, mckinnon,,, fabian leqcui or something,, make. 

Aye, I did mention dips mind.🙂.  But he recovered. Back to 3rd I’m 2000👍🏻

2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

They always do that. Pricks.

I remember the youth cup final 1992? at ibrox and after our youngsters beat them, the Hun faithful booed their kids off the pitch. 

Was walking back to car after the game with loads of other hearts supporters and a guy and his young daughter who was sobbing(both wearing rangers colours) was walking in opposite direction... Both were covered with spit. I was absolutely disgusted and couldn't believe anybody could do that... Affected me for a long time as I can still see that wee lassie's face and the helplessness of her dad. Lost a lot of passion for football for a couple of years after that