Best Christmas present ever received?

Vlad Magic

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

When you and everyone else cared only about how the game played🥰

:lol: 

Never go back, keep those happy memories. Me and my mates used to have regular pissups playing Micro Machines on the Sega Mega Drive, was hilarious stuff. One of them a few years back said he still had it in his cupboard. Night arranged, plenty alcohol in attendance and…meh😕

The first ever "computer" we had in the house was one of those simple games machines with 3 or 4 games on it that you plugged into the TV. I can only remember that one of the games was pong/tennis.

Hang on, I think I've found it with a web search: :)

product-85522.jpg

10 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

:lol:   Load ""     then wait 3-4 minutes! :lol:

The wait was worth it for this though...      3D graphics!!!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K Game - FOOTBALL MANAGER - Addictive - Tested &  Working | eBay

:2thumbsup: 

Remember it well kids today don't know what they are missing :laugh2:

8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Think I bought myself one about 89 or 90 I think to keep myself entertained as I was on a 3 shift system. Still got it including the gun for "Duck Shoot" or whatever it was called. Wonder if its worth flogging now?

They are much sought after. Especially the early ones with the box. Always more desirable with box.

luckyBatistuta
10 hours ago, redjambo said:

The first ever "computer" we had in the house was one of those simple games machines with 3 or 4 games on it that you plugged into the TV. I can only remember that one of the games was pong/tennis.

Hang on, I think I've found it with a web search: :)

product-85522.jpg

OMG, that brings back so many memories. We had one of those too, so simple, yet so much fun. My parents have always been gadget freaks. They had a massive projector screen back then, that I can remember watching Bugs Bunny cartoons on. They had this screen that you attached on to the front of your tv screen, that made the picture about 2/3 times the size. They also had the first home video camera, which you had to hold this ridiculously bright light and shine it on the person you were filming, surprised I can still see. Also had a video recorder when they first launched, loved going to the wee rental shop to hire a video. 

46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

6 years old. Full black cowboy suit with holster and two toy colt 45s. I felt the bees knees.

Very apt...since you now work for a bunch of cowboys 😛😁

Panasonic, Christmas 1979. My old man was fed up with me monopolizing his stereo with my punk singles. Never looked back 😍

panasonic.JPG

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Panasonic, Christmas 1979. My old man was fed up with me monopolizing his stereo with my punk singles. Never looked back 😍

panasonic.JPG

Noice😍

Think I’m from a slightly different generation from your good self. I got this...

E950BFF5-A8FD-4813-80F0-5B09DA978B95.jpeg

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Noice😍

Think I’m from a slightly different generation from your good self. I got this...

😆 that wouldnae have fitted in the bedroom. What a tank!

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Noice😍

A radiogram :lol: 

My mum had one just like that. 
Speakers at both ends were broken with me and my brother crashing into it with stuff. 
33/45/78 speeds. 
Adam and the Ants pumping🕺🏼

luckyBatistuta
29 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

😆 that wouldnae have fitted in the bedroom. What a tank!

Yeah, it was a big fella

28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A radiogram :lol: 

My mum had one just like that. 
Speakers at both ends were broken with me and my brother crashing into it with stuff. 
33/45/78 speeds. 
Adam and the Ants pumping🕺🏼

The speeds, used to turn everybody in to Pinky and Perky :lol: Adam and the Ants was belted out many a time on mine as well.

43 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Noice😍

My mum had one of those. I was always telling her to get rid of the coffin and by a decent stereo.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yeah, it was a big fella

The speeds, used to turn everybody in to Pinky and Perky :lol: Adam and the Ants was belted out many a time on mine as well.

Haha aye every record at 78 used to be quite amusing tbh :lol: 

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

They are much sought after. Especially the early ones with the box. Always more desirable with box.

Na, box went early doors but I've still got the wee thing that you plugged into the aerial socket to switch between telly and game.

4 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

panasonic.JPG

I had similar. The recording of vinyl on to cassette was actually very good. 

I remember getting a PS2 for Christmas one year when I was a kid will always remember that getting GTA with it was a brilliant Christmas that year. 

On 17/12/2020 at 12:53, ri Alban said:

image.png.270ff31ebe30f905ad0784ecd0f121f2.png

One of these or one of these. 

image.png.f5fda3b18112e4ee9ea6a09f6a7cf999.png

I'm not stalking you on bikes ri but after my Grifter, a Raleigh Winner was my next bike for Christmas, mine the thick black foam handle bar grips so different from the one in the photo, I'd 12 or 13 I think when I got it.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:D

:rofl:laughed way more at that than I probably should have.
That moment of contact on landing :hartley:

On 18/12/2020 at 12:58, crunchy frog said:

panasonic.JPG

That’s ****ing beautiful 🥰

jack D and coke
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:D

Nothing quite as amazing as that but my ma’s doors and walls were all dents as I had mine doing jumps all over the place an all :lol: 

What a toy..and how mental was the real Evil Knievel 😳how did he no kill him self :rofl:

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:rofl:laughed way more at that than I probably should have.
That moment of contact on landing :hartley:

:rofl:I know. 

Someone in the comments section said that's exactly how Eddie kid land it. :D We'll I'm sorry, but I like dark humour. 

24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Nothing quite as amazing as that but my ma’s doors and walls were all dents as I had mine doing jumps all over the place an all :lol: 

What a toy..and how mental was the real Evil Knievel 😳how did he no kill him self :rofl:

I think ma toy suddenly got lost, by hand of ma Maw or Da. I think they wished they never bought it. :D

Edited by ri Alban

9 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm not stalking you on bikes ri but after my Grifter, a Raleigh Winner was my next bike for Christmas, mine the thick black foam handle bar grips so different from the one in the photo, I'd 12 or 13 I think when I got it.

That's what I had. That's why I ranked it so high. I think it was a 5 speed tho.The grip was amazing Tho I did go over ma handle bars as ma brakes where a bit...   Mental! 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That's what I had. That's why I ranked it so high. I think it was a 5 speed tho.The grip was amazing Tho I did go over ma handle bars as ma brakes where a bit...   Mental! 

Mine was a 10 speed, but the handle bars were about the first to use that material and were just beyond cool, it was like when my mate got mushroom grips for his BMX, no one had seen them before. 

On 17/12/2020 at 14:41, Lemongrab said:

A cowboy outfit, with two cap guns.  Better than the bus conductor outfit I got another year.

I had a huge Heehaw at this , you have to be a certain age I suppose 👍

2 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I had a huge Heehaw at this , you have to be a certain age I suppose 👍

I got an astronaut outfit one year, probably not long after the moon landing. I wore the silver jacket as a normal item of clothing for about 2 years after it. I found a photo of me in it recently. Silver jacket with a big American flag in the front. Even as a 5 year old I should have sussed out I looked like an arsehole. 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I got an astronaut outfit one year, probably not long after the moon landing. I wore the silver jacket as a normal item of clothing for about 2 years after it. I found a photo of me in it recently. Silver jacket with a big American flag in the front. Even as a 5 year old I should have sussed out I looked like an arsehole. 

Lol

I remember getting into music and asking for the top of the range electric organ from Santa,I couldn’t believe it when I heard in the house on Christmas Eve said organ being practiced on ,thought it sounded a bit mince in the distance, wow ,imagine the disappointment in the morning opening that dirty baastard Rolf Harris’s poxy stylaphone thing ,

anyway back on track,still trying to think of the best one?

A book about Sherlock Holmes , detailing his portrayal in films and tv and a biography of Arthur Conan Doyle . I think I was about 10 . Unsure why I always remember this present more than others . I think it was probably the thought that counted as my parents knew I really like Sherlock Holmes and getting me the book showed they were thinking of my likes and interests . It was such a simple gift but meant so much to me . Never been one to want fancy expensive gifts and saddens me to see some kids today who are so materialistic and parents who think they can show love by buying expensive top of the range toys when kids might just appreciate their parents time and company .  I’ve still got the book . I suppose it’ll be my “ rosebud “ if anyone gets that reference I’ll be impressed ! 👍

Edited by JamesM48

My camcorder. Must have cost my mum a healthy amount at the time and it's properly dated now but was my first camera I used when filming so will always be fond of it. I was 10 and wanted to be Spielberg so she got me that and I had all my mates cast as characters in weird scripts I wrote.

Fast forward 20 years I've studied film and TV, worked on sets and done a lot of theatre work too so it helped with what my passion was as a young one.

I reckon it has to be the original PlayStation. I reckon it's the only decent present he's ever gave me, even to this day. I must've been 16 and I pretty much spent the whole day playing Fifa and drinking a 20 pack of stubbie Stella's. 

Computers are great, I remember fondly the year I got the original Gameboy. However this was the classic Christmas for me. I was young and we werent well off, this was my first large set. Ive always loved Lego

s-l500.jpg

cc4711ca2c13ccd583aa85c5723de856.jpg

On 17/12/2020 at 21:42, Tazio said:

Raleigh Tomahawk when I was about 7. Bloody freezing frosty Christmas Day but I was out on it all day, and all the parent must have got together as loads of kids got a bike that year. I had the only Tomahawk, a couple of Raleigh Chippers, and one poor sod with a Raleigh 20 shopping bike. 
The next bike I got was one my dad got from one of his pub mates who worked in the docks. The sticker on it that said Imported from the United Kingdom hints that he didn’t pay too much for it. 

That was probably me I got a shopping bike one Christmas it had it’s advantages when I went shopping for mummy