3 years ago today

heartsfc_fan

Psychedelicropcircle

I watched it in Thailand the barman was chocking to watch snooker 🎱 asked if he could turn it as the game was won at 3-0 I’m like not wi that ref lad😂

A_A wehatethehibs

A great performance and the blueprint for Sunday.

Worst decision of both Milinkovic and Laffertys career to be in such a hurry to leave this football club. And the replacement of them in the squad with Steven Maclean and Danny Amankwa, the precise start of Craig Leveins downfall.

Lets hope today’s team takes the opportunity to cleanse ourselves of the last 3 years of suffering since that game, and write their own story. Bring home the cup! 

been here before

A truly special afternoon I dont think Ive experienced the 'new' Tynecastle literally rocking like it did that afternoon when we all enjoyed a wee Poznan bouncy to ourselves. You could feel the Wheatfield bouncing.

We even ****ed up the BBC Sport Personality think for them...

:lol:

2 hours ago, been here before said:

A truly special afternoon I dont think Ive experienced the 'new' Tynecastle literally rocking like it did that afternoon when we all enjoyed a wee Poznan bouncy to ourselves. You could feel the Wheatfield bouncing.

We even ****ed up the BBC Sport Personality think for them...

:lol:

Not seen the Gary Lineker bit before. Comedy gold.

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Worst decision of both Milinkovic and Laffertys career to be in such a hurry to leave this football club. And the replacement of them in the squad with Steven Maclean and Danny Amankwa, the precise start of Craig Leveins downfall.

Lets hope today’s team takes the opportunity to cleanse ourselves of the last 3 years of suffering since that game, and write their own story. Bring home the cup! 

We did beat them 9 months later 😍

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I remember Levein’s pre match interview when he said that he had that many defenders out injured he could not set up as he wanted, so he “would just have a go”!

We thought that performance and result would usher in an era of in their faces attacking football - sadly that was not the case.

I really hope Robbie has a go on Sunday, gives them no respect and plays on the front foot.

Салатные палочки

An absolute pumping. We approached that game with no fear at all, exactly as it should be against them. They were all over the place.

I hope we show them absolutely no respect on Sunday. 

Laurie losing his **** in the commentary still has me in stitches. That game and the 2-1 v The Rangers last season, cannot help but lmao

HillmanHearts

Watched that game on YouTube the other day.

Probably our best team performance since the 2012 final.

Found it amusing that the team contained a fair quota of guys who were not rated very highly by some experts in our fan base: Randall, Cowie, Buaben, Brandon all starting ( with sub appearances from Grzelak and Stockton )

( Cowie was close to MOM if I recall ).

But it just shows you what can be done with the right approach and application. 
We need those factors along with a decent share of the brakes and a fair referee and then we have a chance on Sunday.

Didn't Kris Commons say that Celtic would "win 5-0 easy" as the teams were coming out of the tunnel? That was a great game although I couldn't go to it because my Dad was ill.  We watched it in the house and I loved watching us all doing the Poznan thing.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I remember Levein’s pre match interview when he said that he had that many defenders out injured he could not set up as he wanted, so he “would just have a go”!

We thought that performance and result would usher in an era of in their faces attacking football - sadly that was not the case.

I really hope Robbie has a go on Sunday, gives them no respect and plays on the front foot.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣..   Face 🌴 too 

Gorgie Boot boy

Young Aaron Fraser the Youtuber predicted a 1-4 0-5 win for the tramps on his video that day.

His reactions are priceless as we run riot.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

20 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣..   Face 🌴 too 

? 🤔

jimbojumbojambo

An amazing performance that should have led to a few days of celebration but instead gave me a heart attack. As I said to the consultant who inserted my stent that evening in the Royal "It wasn't the sort of heart attack I was anticipating as I made my way to the match".

Still here and looking forward to Sunday for a repeat performance - from the players that is !

WoolfordsHearts
23 minutes ago, jimbojumbojambo said:

An amazing performance that should have led to a few days of celebration but instead gave me a heart attack. As I said to the consultant who inserted my stent that evening in the Royal "It wasn't the sort of heart attack I was anticipating as I made my way to the match".

Still here and looking forward to Sunday for a repeat performance - from the players that is !

When Hearts go 4 nil up on Sunday, you now NEED to post on here to tell us all you're ok mate.😄👍

Francis Albert

Watched it in a Sports Bar in Victoria Station, the only Hearts fan there.  Celebrated loudly when Cochrane scored. When the goal was rerun later in the game I repeated the celebration thinking we had scored again. (I may have had a few by then). A Celtic fan pointed out my mistake and I said it was well worth a second celebration. Maybe for you he said.  He and the other Celtic fans in the bar left long before the end. Great day.

8 hours ago, kila said:

Trying to find the actual match day thread. But there was a few other threads celebrating it all!

Try the Classics :verysmug:

Gorgie Boot boy
10 hours ago, Sergemcmurto said:

It was my 50th birthday,  as presents go they don't come much better 👍

Unless you are Harry Cochrane.

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Just shows what Levein can do when his basic instinct is taken away from him. 

👍

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

The Poznań - I never understood why fans did that but boy did I join in that day! 

To take the piss out of the Celtic fans maybe 🤔

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

To take the piss out of the Celtic fans maybe 🤔

No - why did the Poznan ever become a ‘thing’? Totally understood why we all did it that day 🥳

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

No - why did the Poznan ever become a ‘thing’? Totally understood why we all did it that day 🥳

According to Wikipaedia it began as protest by Lech Poznan fans against the club owners while demonstrating they still supported the club.

It has always looked utterly ridiculous to me, particularly the copycat fans like Celtic.

11 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Man City fans brought it to the UK when they saw Poznań fans do it in the CL.

Celtic fans copied Man City fans as if it was their idea - it was a great piss take that day! 😂

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

According to Wikipaedia it began as protest by Lech Poznan fans against the club owners while demonstrating they still supported the club.

It has always looked utterly ridiculous to me, particularly the copycat fans like Celtic.

I always took it as “We’re winning that easy we don’t even have to watch now!”

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Man City fans brought it to the UK when they saw Poznań fans do it in the CL.

Celtic fans copied Man City fans as if it was their idea - it was a great piss take that day! 😂

I also remember doing the Poznan at the 2012 semi. Wound up the soap Dodgers nicely

On 17/12/2020 at 09:10, Sergemcmurto said:

It was my 50th birthday,  as presents go they don't come much better 👍

5-0 would have done the trick :D 

jimbojumbojambo
19 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

When Hearts go 4 nil up on Sunday, you now NEED to post on here to tell us all you're ok mate.😄👍

Absolutely nothing would give me more pleasure. Cheers.

WoolfordsHearts
On 17/12/2020 at 17:50, jimbojumbojambo said:

On 17/12/2020 at 18:16, WoolfordsHearts said:

On 18/12/2020 at 14:11, jimbojumbojambo said:

Absolutely nothing would give me more pleasure. Cheers.

Are you still with us?😟

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Are you still with us?😟

Your picture makes you look like a keen undertaker.

WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Your picture makes you look like a keen undertaker.

Your picture makes you look like a penguin.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Your picture makes you look like a penguin.

My picture is a Penguin though, a wool maroon and white one at that.

Are you a keen undertaker ?

WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

My picture is a Penguin though, a wool maroon and white one at that.

Are you a keen undertaker ?

Naw.

Just a picture of me with my good suit on...

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Naw.

Just a picture of me with my good suit on...

Ah one for the banter then.

jimbojumbojambo
On 21/12/2020 at 18:17, WoolfordsHearts said:

Are you still with us?😟

Still fine thanks despite the excitement of the match and tension of the shoot-out. The doctors must have done a good job. Cheers.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, jimbojumbojambo said:

Still fine thanks despite the excitement of the match and tension of the shoot-out. The doctors must have done a good job. Cheers.

Nice one.