How Long Have You Got?

FWJ

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ah, retired? :) 

You'll be looking for the other How long have you got? thread. :( 

:lol:

I’m sure there was one but I’ll not bother searching for it.

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If there is a God, he should be giving us all the last year back.

It is nice not to be working up to Christmas Eve morning and then back in on Boxing Day night though.

Second year, and it’s easy to get used to.

55 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I thought you were talking about a life expectancy calculator or something!

Not taking too many holidays this time, mainly because everything is fekking shut so will carry a week over for next year.

5 days off at both Christmas and New year and working on the Tuesday / Wednesday in between - but will be very little to do and working from home anyway.

Thought that as well, hopefully another 30 years 🙂im on .a big break.

Jobs a bit scarce the noo.

Riddley Walker

Off the 21st then in 22nd-24th. Then off til January 7th. First time I've ever had a workplace that has an Xmas shutdown without needing to use annual leave so I'm chuffed.

Also the only person in my team in on the 23rd and 24th, and working from home so... there will be absolutely **** all getting done 😁

I’ve noticed quite a few supermarkets are closed on 25th/26th to give their staff a couple of days off.  Quite right too IMHO.

(Remember when John Lewis was closed on a Monday to give their staff a two-day ‘weekend’?)

22 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I’ve noticed quite a few supermarkets are closed on 25th/26th to give their staff a couple of days off.  Quite right too IMHO.

(Remember when John Lewis was closed on a Monday to give their staff a two-day ‘weekend’?)

shell garage is open, just greed, folk can get fuel prior to xmas day if needed, 

Салатные палочки

Off tomorrow and Friday, back in Mon to 2pm Thu then off until the 5th January, when I will be working from home!!  Delicious.  

Finish on Thursday then back in on Monday the 4th. Will be a strange Christmas and very different to other years. I actually think I'll be keen to get back to work given how quiet it will be!!

Same as BarneyBattles I thought it was a life expectancy post😀Whatever anyones circumstances are hopefully you all enjoy your time of and have a very happy Christmas.

im just looking forward to the Foster Children finishing school on Friday then getting stuck into the Christmas Films .Especially for the tenth time this year probably Polar Express.

Only got the public holidays off. Also gone from a 3 day week to a 5 day one since October. Not actually had any days off other than sickie for 18months. 🤣😡🤬😭

Fxxx the SPFL

Scottish Government after union intervention are now allowing us to carry forward 20 days instead of the usual 10. i finish up on 22nd back for one day on the 30th off again until 5th carry forward eight days that's two weeks for me as i took partial retirement couple of years ago to take on watching grandkids on a Friday it's harder than working lol.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Off from tomorrow afternoon until the 23rd. Work 23rd and 24th. Then off from 24th to the 3rd of January 2021.

Are festive timetables similar to previous years, John? Not looked to see if they are vastly reduced this year. 

Last day tomorrow until the 4th.

So, it will change from falling out of bed and onto the computer to falling out of bed and not having anywhere to go. :veryangry2:

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Last day tomorrow until the 4th.

So, it will change from falling out of bed and onto the computer to falling out of bed and not having anywhere to go. :veryangry2:

No win situation.

12 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Just the public hols and volunteered to be on call on the 28th. Don’t see the point of wasting leave until I can travel 

I'm carrying over 7 days and have to use the rest of lose it as our calendar year ends.

On 16/12/2020 at 08:53, jonesy said:

That's what I thought this was. :laugh: 

Off  24, 25, 26, 27 then working to Hogmanay then off again until 8 Jan.

I was supposed to stop on Monday.  But I blew either my back or kidney yesterday and are now on Holiday too early. 

Aw well...

:olly:

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'm carrying over 7 days and have to use the rest of lose it as our calendar year ends.

I'm allowed to carry over 2 weeks but when I do my manager quotes the importance of taking all leave entitlement. Something to do well being.

Off from 23rd back on the 4th, would be alright normally but been working from home since March so it all feels the same at the moment.

Finished yesterday. Not back on rota until 4th. I'm furloughed also so only getting one day a week. Usually a Sunday so potentially not back until 10th January. 

Up to Edinburgh this weekend to pick folk up for the final. 

This Sunday is going to be amazing. I'm more excited about having everyone around than the game itself 

On 16/12/2020 at 15:00, **** the SPFL said:

Scottish Government after union intervention are now allowing us to carry forward 20 days instead of the usual 10. 

I wonder if this will be the same for me. I'm working in DWP down South. I will put it to the Union see what they say.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Not worked since 30/9/17. Sadly I’m not allowed to carry any days forwards though. 

Hearts and pandemics seem to have blighted your retirement a bit.  You should probably go back to work as you're clearly a jinx on us all.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hearts and pandemics seem to have blighted your retirement a bit.  You should probably go back to work as you're clearly a jinx on us all.

Certainly screwed my travel plans this year. I’ll wait a bit longer before returning to work though. 🤔

Fxxx the SPFL
21 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I wonder if this will be the same for me. I'm working in DWP down South. I will put it to the Union see what they say.

go for it. i worked in the DHSS many years ago at Causewayside Office also a couple of emergency stints in Handsworth, Birmingham early eighties after local staff had been striking for weeks and we were sent down to help out Handsworth was certainly an eye opener

On 16/12/2020 at 16:11, Samuel Camazzola said:

Are festive timetables similar to previous years, John? Not looked to see if they are vastly reduced this year. 

In a nutshell yes. Trains finishing early both Christmas Eve  and Hogmanay.

No trains Christmas Day or Boxing Day(limited service in the Strathclyde region.), no Scotrail trains on New year's day. Scotrail runs a Sunday service on January the 2nd.

On 17/12/2020 at 20:18, **** the SPFL said:

go for it. i worked in the DHSS many years ago at Causewayside Office also a couple of emergency stints in Handsworth, Birmingham early eighties after local staff had been striking for weeks and we were sent down to help out Handsworth was certainly an eye opener

I emailed the PCS union rep and he did confirm its 2 weeks we can carryover but due to the pandemic we can carry up to 20 days, at the discretion of our manager. 

Fxxx the SPFL
17 hours ago, Marvin said:

I emailed the PCS union rep and he did confirm its 2 weeks we can carryover but due to the pandemic we can carry up to 20 days, at the discretion of our manager. 

good stuff