• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

• ri Alban

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Anderson laying in to Mardle

"I've said it I play darts, if the boy's better than me, I am still going to play darts against him. Wayne Mardle's comment the other night, what a ticket. If you're playing a player you need to put him off, you need to slow him down. That's coming from a commentator on Sky," said Anderson post match.

"My way of playing darts, pressure on, try and outscore him, try and outplay him, out finish him. Now Wayne's telling everyone, if you've got a problem with a player slow him down or do what you can to put him off, what a numpty. That's a great thing for television and it's a great thing to tell kids what to do. Proud of you Wayne."

When you boil it down, Anderson's comments aren't out of place at all. Especially when the people in question would react the exact same to underhand tactics.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

When you boil it down, Anderson's comments aren't out of place at all. Especially when the people in question would react the exact same to underhand tactics.

Totally agree, would br good too see other players come out and back anderson up

Anderson played it right, the laddies hero worship and tomfoolery at the start gave Anderson the upper hand, he used it well, some superb high scoring darts and finishing reduced the laddie to a spectator, well played Gary Anderson, but as much as I'd love to see Anderson win this, I just believe a back on form, confident Van Gerwen has too much for the rest, would love to be proved wrong, especially in the case of Anderson. MVG for me.

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Can the players hear the fake crowd noise or is it just the viewers? 

I just assumed it was like the football and for the viewers benefit. Mind you, they played the crowd noise at the snooker. 🤔

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I just assumed it was like the football and for the viewers benefit. Mind you, they played the crowd noise at the snooker. 🤔

it’s just that price would be making an absolute twat of himself in a quiet venue. Pumping in crowd noise then I can just about appreciate his over exuberance 

Great game, Price handling the pressure well, only one man can stay with and perform beyond him, but he's got to get past Chisnall.

I don't mind Price tbh. Aye he was a bit of dick when he first came on the scene but think he's calmed down a lot. His celebrating is no worse than MvG's.

If it's a final between those two then I'll hope Price smashes him.

(hope Anderson wins though)