• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

• ri Alban

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I never 😷 congrats Chisnall, and all the best to Gerwyn the new number 1, but c'mon Gary Anderson hopefully the new world champ fingers, legs and everything else crossed...

Chisnall into the semi finals...

Gerwyn Price world no.1

Gary Anderson into the semi...

Who's your money on 2021 championship on? 

Out of those left for me...Chisnall maybe Anderson...anybody but Price...

I just don't see anyone beating Chisnall. Annoyed I didn't put a wedge on him earlier. 

Edited by JackLadd

5 minutes ago, corkie64 said:

Gerwyn Price world no.1

Price has to win it to become number 1 I think?

I could be wrong, but I believe Price is now No1, who ever between the two went further in the worlds would be officially No1?

Price is a tit of the highest order. Can just imagine him as a bouncer at a Wetherspoons, acting the wee hard man in front of the 30 year old grannies with more tattoos than teeth.  

Anybody but him please.  Would quite like to see Bunting win it.  Top bloke. 

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I don't mind Price tbh. Aye he was a bit of dick when he first came on the scene but think he's calmed down a lot. His celebrating is no worse than MvG's.

If it's a final between those two then I'll hope Price smashes him.

(hope Anderson wins though)

MvG has his moments, and I get why people don't like him, but with him, it comes across as pure passion. Especially when you see him away from the stage. Price comes across as a prick on and off the stage, and it just comes across as so fake when he lets out big screams. **** hits a ton and starts goading the crowd. :lol: 

3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Price is a tit of the highest order. Can just imagine him as a bouncer at a Wetherspoons, acting the wee hard man in front of the 30 year old grannies with more tattoos than teeth.  

Anybody but him please.  Would quite like to see Bunting win it.  Top bloke. 

He was actually a bouncer before he went into darts. :lol:

Can tell he was the proper rent-a-cop type. Says on his Wikipedia that he took a bit of a doing during a shift. I'm honestly not surprised.

Anderson saying he hasn't tried a 'leg' for around 2 years, no doubt due to bad back and knee problems.

Going to start practicing again in 2021.

Watch out the rest if old father time hasn't caught up (he's younger than me) and he's a force in every major event again.

Maroon Sailor

Fair play to MvG for stepping up to the mic after being blown away by Chizzy.

Nobody could see that coming but even looking back at the walk ons MvG went early so might have been a bit on edge, he was nearly at the table when they started the music. Whatever, he never got out the traps and got an absolute pummelling.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Fair play to MvG for stepping up to the mic after being blown away by Chizzy.

Nobody could see that coming but even looking back at the walk ons MvG went early so might have been a bit on edge, he was nearly at the table when they started the music. Whatever, he never got out the traps and got an absolute pummelling.

He has always been a good guy. Always takes the defeats on the chin. He will be back. 

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He has always been a good guy. Always takes the defeats on the chin. He will be back. 

No he hasn't and no he doesn't. 

Maroon Sailor
16 hours ago, corkie64 said:

Gerwyn Price world no.1

The thing with Price is he is his own worse enemy when there are crowds. He gets too involved and he ends up getting himself so wound up.

He has won every match in the deciding leg so far - not sure he would do that with the crowd putting him off.

Can Chizzy produce that form again ? I'm not so sure - Anderson has been there, done it.

Bunting is a strange one - you don't know what you are going to get with him. BDO champion but pretty average since he's been with the PDC. Thought Wade would have beat him.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What was Garry Anderson mumping about?

He’s probably still in the huff about Hibs getting humped by Ross County. 

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

skysports-gary-anderson-world-darts-cham

I never knew he was a hobo.

Oh you mean Gary. Think he supports an English team these days. Might be wrong. But I don't really care who he supports, he's throwing for Scotland and hopefully makes it 4 wins in 7 years for this wee place. 👍 Tho like him, if he doesn't win, I'd like Chizzy to win, or even Bunting. ACP/ABP :)

6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Anderson saying he hasn't tried a 'leg' for around 2 years, no doubt due to bad back and knee problems.

Going to start practicing again in 2021.

Watch out the rest if old father time hasn't caught up (he's younger than me) and he's a force in every major event again.

It seemed to be the Suljovic game that got him fired up. Fair play to him if this is him not trying a leg. Guy could be world champion tomorrow night.

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Oh you mean Gary. Think he supports an English team these days. Might be wrong. But I don't really care who he supports, he's throwing for Scotland and hopefully makes it 4 wins in 7 years for this wee place. 👍 Tho like him, if he doesn't win, I'd like Chizzy to win, or even Bunting. ACP/ABP :)

Apparently he doesn't really follow football. He said as much in an interview with Sky once. May well have been a Hibby when he was younger, but I doubt professional darts players get much time to support a football team.

As for MvG, I get why you don't like him, but he's far from the worst in the sport. MvG comes across as confident and passionate, whereas weapons like Gerwyn Price just come across as arrogant wanks.

Maroon Sailor

Chizzy had a brain dart there

84 - Hits 20 then table 11

Anderson sweeps up the set to lead 4-2

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

I could tell you stories about Mr. Price and what he was like, before darts & whilst thinking he was the big man of his village, whilst still playing rugby.

I won't though. Because the man's a ****in ***** & a bully. So, I'll not give him anymore finger exertion.

You're getting ****ing DM'ed on Twitter if you don't tell me.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

You'll have a job. Been suspended indefinitely from there, for calling Trump a cant.

:lol:

That’s a bit harsh. I only got 2 days for calling him that and hoping that Biden would punch him in the face at the 1st presidential debate. 

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

You'll have a job. Been suspended indefinitely from there, for calling Trump a cant.

:lol:

I thought you'd been quiet. :lol:

Is it honestly that easy?

Just now, Barack said:

Say it on the right(wrong) person's feed...yep.

I've tried for years to get Facebook and Twitter bans. I just get blocked. I must go after those who are a bit thicker skinned.

Maroon Sailor

Gary Anderson v Gerwyn Price final then

Always better when you favour one player over another in these finals

38 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Gary Anderson v Gerwyn Price final then

Always better when you favour one player over another in these finals

Yeah, a clear good guy v bad guy final. Price will win, the good guys always do.

If Anderson wins, he joins MvG as a 3 time winner.

Considering how much MvG was dominating darts, that is some achievement.

However, it also determines how beyond darting greatness Taylor was.

Edited by DETTY29

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If Anderson wins, he joins MvG as a 3 time winner.

Considering how much MvG was dominating darts, that is some achievement.

However, it also determines how beyond darting greatness Taylor was.

Taylor was a force but when he starting dominating it wasn’t anywhere near the standard of today. No way Taylor dominates like that in this era. 

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Taylor was a force but when he starting dominating it wasn’t anywhere near the standard of today. No way Taylor dominates like that in this era. 

The averages have increased greatly across the board, yep.

MvG, Anderson, Wright and possibly Lewis would pick off a lot of Taylor's titles if Taylor born 10 years later

But it's also that winning mentality.  Anderson's big game experience did for Chisnall last night.

Price has won major titles but Anderson's world finals experience will narrow what should be a comfortable 3 v. 12 seeding match win for the lower ranked player.

Edited by DETTY29