Audio books

JudyJudyJudy

I’ve started listening to them on YouTube . It’s really quite relaxing I feel currently listening to Alec Guinness reading his second volume of autobiography , “ My name escapes me “ . His superb voice is great to listen to . His stories are at times quite hysterical and he was around 82 when he spoke it so it’s mainly an older man lamenting the changes in society . He’s was tight fisted too despite making over 90 million from “ Star Wars “ but he does have some great anecdotes about his fellow luvvies like “ Larry “ ( Lord Olivier to us plebs ) “Johnie “ Gielgud amongst others . It’s very enjoyable . He’s very dead Pan in his delivery . He bemoans the countless letters from America for autographs mainly from Star Wars geeks . He would just throw them in the bin ! 

Quite like an audiobook on a long drive. The narrator can make or break them though. Some of them pull out all the stops and have sound effects, music and a cast of narrators. Quite like that if it's done well. 

I've had a few where I've saved a good book up for a particular drive and you know from the first sentence you won't be able to immerse into it because of the shite reader. Heart breaking.

The first audio book I listened to was Bill Bryson's " A short history of nearly everything".

Blew me away I've listened to it at least half a dozen times.

Alan Partridge's audio book was also pretty funny.