Copa Libertadores live on BBC

CJGJ

No fans allowed in the Santos stadium tonight. So the fans improvised and dropped flares into the ground on parachutes. With one almost landing on the centre spot just before kick off. 
Mental. 

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

That's a lot of blood...

Head wounds can do that. I’ve split various bits of my head over the years and if the cut is just right you bleed like a stuck pig. 

7 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Looks like it needs some more work at half time!

I’d imagine he just kept bleeding into it. If the bleeding goes on he’ll head the ball and it will burst spectacularly squirting it’s contents everywhere. 

8 hours ago, jonesy said:

End to end, wild challenges and on-the-edge moves. Love it when games get like this.

I missed this last night might watch it back on iplayer if available. Assume it is a good watch from the posts on here

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed it’s also on the BBC red button if you want to watch it on your telly but don’t have iPlayer set up on it. Channel 991 if you’re on Virgin. 

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Bunch of diving ****s

Don’t know about that. There’s been some pretty hefty challenges, nearly every tackle has been a foul so far. I’ve high hopes of a mass pagger at some point. 

Edited by Tazio

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Don’t know about that. There’s been some pretty hefty challenges, nearly every tackle has been a foul so far. I’ve high hopes of a mass pagger at some point. 

If you are rolling around on the floor one second and then running about fine when the free kick isn't given, you are a diving shit in my books.  There has been some strong challenges though, but they are all still over acting.  😉

Also, do you have to have shite tattoos to be a footballer in Brazil?

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Chile is the home off truly shit footballer tattoos. Their international team look like a Mexican prison team. 

Most of South America tbh

Crap game so far.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Most of South America tbh

Crap game so far.

It just hasn’t kicked off. I was a bit worried about that as big finals between teams from the same league are often a let down. Semis between Brazilian and Argentinian teams were fantastic with the different ways of playing. Santos v River Plate would have been a better match. 

Just now, Tazio said:

It just hasn’t kicked off. I was a bit worried about that as big finals between teams from the same league are often a let down. Semis between Brazilian and Argentinian teams were fantastic with the different ways of playing. Santos v River Plate would have been a better match. 

Both of them struggling in the league and neither of them had a win in 3 games.

Hopefully at least a fight kicks off in the second half.

Where the hell were the Santos that pumped Boca in the semi? Or the Palmeiras who got pumped by River Plate in the 2nd leg? 
Total let down of a final all round. 

• 1 year later...

Something I've never really understood is the lack of a crossover between South American clubs and European clubs. If they play in South America they tend to stay there, same with Europe. The quality is extremely good. Are the sponsorship deals on par with Europe?

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Something I've never really understood is the lack of a crossover between South American clubs and European clubs. If they play in South America they tend to stay there, same with Europe. The quality is extremely good. Are the sponsorship deals on par with Europe?

The top ones tend to come over when they're pretty young. But I agree, with the money on offer in the European Leagues you would think more of the middle table sides would have a larger South American contingent.