Accident on Bypass,

whodanny

My wife is held up in traffic on the Bypass at the moment. Seems to be an accident on the westbound carriage way between Lothianburn and Dreghorn. Does anyone know how serious it might be and how long the delay could take. My wife has a Zoom meeting this evening and is concerned she might not be available. I hope no-one is badly injured or worse. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Try Traffic Scotland

Yes, thanks Sarah, already had a look at the TS website and cams, seems to be pretty bad, my wife says there are large numbers of fire and ambulance vehicles in attendance. I've cancelled her Zoom meeting, lets hope she gets diverted around the accident. Fortunately she's got some food in the car to keep her going. I hope there are no major casualties.Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Yes, thanks Sarah, already had a look at the TS website and cams, seems to be pretty bad, my wife says there are large numbers of fire and ambulance vehicles in attendance. I've cancelled her Zoom meeting, lets hope she gets diverted around the accident. Fortunately she's got some food in the car to keep her going. I hope there are no major casualties.Thanks again.

Dull one. Hope she has enough petrol! 

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Seemingly  also a bad one at Dobbie's and one in Easthouses too

Dobbies at Dalkeith ?  My wife just drove by there on her way onto the bypass. Not good. 

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Dobbies at Dalkeith ?  My wife just drove by there on her way onto the bypass. Not good. 

Aye, according  to some Karen on FB right enough so might be shite

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Dull one. Hope she has enough petrol! 

I think she filled up at Galashiels. She's a Social Services worker and was on a visit at Borders General. She knows well enough how long the travelling times are from the borders up to Perthshire, so if she was low on fuel I'm sure she'll have filled up somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Aye, according  to some Karen on FB right enough so might be shite

Might be the same one, just folk held up near Dobbies. Had a look at the Sherrifhall cam a while ago and it was chocca block.

SectionDJambo

I past the bypass one.

It looked like a van had been on fire. Foam down the front of it. Seemed like quite a stretch that debris and vehicles were still on the road. Quite dark and didn’t want to rubberneck but it looked like a few vehicles had been involved.

A very long tailback to wait in.

6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I past the bypass one.

It looked like a van had been on fire. Foam down the front of it. Seemed like quite a stretch that debris and vehicles were still on the road. Quite dark and didn’t want to rubberneck but it looked like a few vehicles had been involved.

Hope you gave my Mrs a wave. :wave1:

SectionDJambo
20 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Hope you gave my Mrs a wave. :wave1:

The length of that tailback would have given me a sore arm waving at them all.

17 minutes ago, mutley said:

It’s added an hour on to my trip home and I’m still stuck in it. Phone says it’ll be another 20mins but it keeps creeping up 😕

Amazingly my wife is home. She was directed around the accident by police and once clear, the traffic picked up pace quite quickly. I wasn't expecting to see her till about 10pm or later.

Should have been 3 lanes, but penny pinching stopped that, been stuck on it many a time.

Even ran out of petrol on it😵faulty petrol gauge.

And burst a timing belt the joys.

15 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I past the bypass one.

Apparently, tailbacks started forming on the Eastbound carriageway due to people slowing down to have a look.

Arseholes!

SectionDJambo

That's what was happening. It was too dark to see anything anyway.

It could be though, in some cases, people thought the incident was on the eastbound carriageway, initially, as it was on a long right turning bend, and the blue flashing lights looked to me to be on our carriageway to start with.

Hopefully no serious injuries.

27 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That's what was happening. It was too dark to see anything anyway.

It could be though, in some cases, people thought the incident was on the eastbound carriageway, initially, as it was on a long right turning bend, and the blue flashing lights looked to me to be on our carriageway to start with.

Hopefully no serious injuries.

Van driver was taken to hospital with serious injuries. No fatalities, hopefully it stays that way and the driver makes a full recovery.

29 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Van driver was taken to hospital with serious injuries. No fatalities, hopefully it stays that way and the driver makes a full recovery.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome. My wife said it looked awful when she passed it.